• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Politics General Discussion Thread - "USA Presidential Election 2016" Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.
yay trump won america will possibly be out of debt

I think it's 18 trillion dollars, Trump has either got a magic beanstalk or we're gonna have to gradually work it over the next 20 years

If trump has congress on his side, I'm just waiting for what he can accomplish.

According to what I've read the electoral college doesn't make their decision until December 19th and it is possible that they could vote against the majority of their district, though it's very rare. If the citizens of the US are able to make as little as three swing state's electoral colleges swing against Trump, Hillary would have won.
Considering that Hillary won the popular vote and Trump has 2 court cases against him before December 19th, maybe there is hope. Who knows.

According to what I've read the electoral college doesn't make their decision until December 19th and it is possible that they could vote against the majority of their district, though it's very rare. If the citizens of the US are able to make as little as three swing state's electoral colleges swing against Trump, Hillary would have won.
Considering that Hillary won the popular vote and Trump has 2 court cases against him before December 19th, maybe there is hope. Who knows.

Another post meant to send out false information on social media.
Electors don't flip, nor do most states ALLOW them to. It's not happening lol.

What I'm most disgusted by this election by far is the "why should I vote it does matter" and "I don't care". Those who could've but were too lazy to vote has no right to complain about the election and the person who won it.

Also the amount of harambe votes/joke people wrote makes me really sad on how immature voting age adults can be. It wasn't funny, it's a disrespect to the county.

These 2 types of people I am appalled by and am not expecting a word from their mouth about yesterday. What happened yesterday, good or bad, was from these types of voters.

That's not his fault, its the media's, for fear-mongering and acting like the president has some absolute power that can make Trump a tyrant. They're openly giving false information on sites like BuzzFeed and Tumblr.

Honestly? This. It's tragic that people are killing themselves over this, but these people are seriously overstating how much power the president has. If he wants any of these alleged "anti-LGBT" or "anti-woman" laws everyone says he'll pass, they'll be overruled because there will be riots from these communities and the communities that support them. Add that to the media bias and misinformation and you get tragedies like these.

I don't think the suicides are so much because of what Trump can do, but rather what he's proved. He's proved that you can be a racist, homophobic, xenophobic, transphobic horrible man, and people in their country will vehemently support you.

It must be a scary time for those in the US who Trump doesn't like, because it's been proven that a large percentage of your country also doesn't like you.

1. it's not that a large percentage of america hate blacks gays trans etc..it's that those people believe that the problems they face dwarf matters like gay marriage. if i am a worker who's been laid off because my company couldn't compete with cheap foreign goods, and i risk losing my home and i can't feed my family, i'm not going to care if bob and jim can get married or if sam can use the girl's bathroom at his/her school.

2. that same large percentage of america did not vote for trump because he is racist/homophobic etc.., they voted despite of that. hillary was that rotten and that unpopular that she couldn't even defeat trump. the dems rigged their primaries so that they could install the one candidate that could lose to trump. hillary's loss is entirely on the broken DNC establishment.

Last edited:
What I'm most disgusted by this election by far is the "why should I vote it does matter" and "I don't care". Those who could've but were too lazy to vote has no right to complain about the election and the person who won it.

Also the amount of harambe votes/joke people wrote makes me really sad on how immature voting age adults can be. It wasn't funny, it's a disrespect to the county.

These 2 types of people I am appalled by and am not expecting a word from their mouth about yesterday. What happened yesterday, good or bad, was from these types of voters.

This post words it better than I can.

543b1ec322ed098f283b9ce68ea4c899.png

This post words it better than I can.

543b1ec322ed098f283b9ce68ea4c899.png

If you're posting this as a response to Daniel, please remember that Daniel is saying that he is appalled by the people who have the opportunity but do not vote. He is in no way criticizing people who simply can not vote due to extenuating circumstances.

Hillary Clinton's concession speech, telling all the little girls watching to remember that they're important and their hopes and dreams matter; that hit me hard. We shouldn't HAVE TO BE REMINDED OF THAT.

I may have being straight in my corner, but being a woman automatically makes me dirt in the eyes of roughly half of the people in this country.

I have refrained so hard from not speaking or posting about my feelings on the election this year. But everything I am seeing before my eyes is freaking heartbreaking. I'm a "minority", I'm hispanic, I'm a person of color, my family is, I respect all religions, all opinions respectfully, all genders, and all preferences. But I simply cannot come terms with the amount of people that voted for Trump. I still cannot understand how an investigation over e-mails weighs more than someone who is running for president, poking fun of the mentally disabled, outwardly promoting building a wall to divide people, HUMAN BEINGS, generalizing a religious group as terrorist, calling women ugly and fat just because he can, generalizing a race as rapist and the list GOES ON!

I have been trying my hardest these past days to not fill myself with hate, and be understanding but I cannot. I have a child to raise and I don't know how the heck I'm going to explain that someone like Donald Trump won a presidency. Or how am I supposed to explain the thousands of hateful things people are saying to each other because of this election.

Whether you are a Democrat or Republican, this is a hot mess and not something to be proud of. All I am full of is disbelief hoping this is a nightmare, but it's not. It's reality, this is the new America, and that is sad. We're a laughing stock around the world people. Nobody is actually applauding the fact that someone with no experience just a lot of money, racism, bigotry, & negativity is going to run the office.

This ain't just a black matter, or hispanic matter, This hits home with every race, gender, sexuality, disability, and belief there is that knows in their right mind this ain't right!
I had to let it all out, cause the only way I was going to except this hot mess is if I claimed this to be the world I live in, smh

POC are having threats and slurs written on their cars and around their schools, as well as being both verbally and physically assaulted on the streets while doing everyday tasks. Women are hearing "Grab them by the p****" yelled around campuses. All in the name of Trump.

This is what you guys voted for.

Edit: A gay couple also had a note that said "Can't wait til your 'marriage' is overturned by a real president. Gay families = Burn in hell!" placed on their car

Last edited:
POC are having threats and slurs written on their cars and around their schools, as well as being both verbally and physically assaulted on the streets while doing everyday tasks. Women are hearing "Grab them by the p****" yelled around campuses. All in the name of Trump.

This is what you guys voted for.

Edit: A gay couple also had a note that said "Can't wait til your 'marriage' is overturned by a real president. Gay families = Burn in hell!" placed on their car

And he hasn't even been SWORN IN yet. This is a frightening time to be alive. I really hoped we were finally moving beyond all of this, but I've been proven wrong.

I can't even take solace in the eventuality of telling his supporters, "I told you so!", because this is just so very sad. We're all going to lie bleeding by the time all is said and done.

Only 52-54% of Americans voted in the election, and 11,000+ of those voters voted for Harambe. Had they voted for Hilary, maybe things wouldn't have turned out this way. If you can vote and vote for something utterly ridiculous, you don't have a right to complain about Trump's success, but if you couldn't (like me, as a Briton), then you still have a right to voice your opinions.

231,556,622 people were eligible to vote.

46.9% didn't vote.

25.6% voted for Clinton.

25.5% voted for Trump.

And then there's the joke votes to count as well, so had those complete morons decided to actually try and make a difference for their country, we wouldn't have a squirrel-haired convicted rapist as president right now. One vote does make a difference.

It's a new age. The **** age.

Trump is all about hate which his supporters clearly show. I weep for America.

Last edited:
It's a new age. The **** age.

This is the age of women, LGBT, and minorities all having to constantly look over their shoulders and fear for their well-being.

I've seen quite a few shared posts on Facebook detailing the racism and sexism already ramped up in this country, nevermind what will happen once January rolls around.

I will definitely be walking around in groups and carrying pepper spray. Extreme? God, I hope so...but I refuse to take a chance when it comes to my, and others with me, safety.

I get it you guys are upset that Trump won the presidency, but nothing would be different had Hillary won. A lot of people, my family included - I'm not ashamed of that, view Hillary Clinton equally if not more horrible as/than Trump.
If Hillary won, there would still be riots, hate and destruction.
Trump's policies will effect a lot of families more positively than Hillary's and it's disgusting that you guys are making those voters feel bad about it.

No one actually wants Trump, most people just hate Hillary. Just as much as you hate Trump.
It's not like all this would just be a-ok if Hillary did win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voting Trump does not automatically make anyone racist, sexist, homophobic or whatever the media is telling you to believe, so stop pretending it's true. It just makes them a republican.

It happened already so the faster we can all get over it, the less negativity will be spread around.

Voting Trump does not automatically make anyone racist, sexist, homophobic or whatever the media is telling you to believe, so stop pretending it's true. It just makes them a republican.

Wow. Just ****ing wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back