• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mario The Super Mario Random Thoughts Thread šŸ„

I saw an article about how the second Super Mario Bros Movie could potentially struggle to live up to the original because of what Jack Black brought to the movie as Bowser. they said that a new villain may not be as interesting or exciting as Bowser was, and may cause the movie to suffer a bit.
random, I know it's a meme basically but I seriously think if they case Danny DeVito as Wario then that will be legendary lol

but I think what they could do, is pull a Super Mario RPG or Super Paper Mario, and make Bowser an ally. that way we could have a potentially new and interesting villain, while still having Bowser play a prominent role. I definitely enjoyed Jack Black's performance and I think it played a big part in carrying the movie as far as it went, so while I do hope there's a new villain I also hope that Bowser plays a big role, and I think it would work great if he became an ally. there's some comedic potential there too haha.

I'm desperately hoping that they do this, with another character as the villain and Bowser as an ally. I already liked the first movie, but I can't help but be more excited for Mario stuff when Bowser gets to be a friend instead of the big bad.

also I really hope Luigi is more prominent in the second movie, he was absolutely precious in the first and I wish he had more screen time
Luigi was my favorite thing in the movie, and I loved most of the things in the movie, so that's saying something. I'd love to see more of him.

And I think it's brilliant that he was the one initially kidnapped by Bowser instead of Peach. Mario obviously loves his brother, of course he'd be willing to do just about anything to rescue him. If some princess he only just met was in the same situation, he would still help, but the effort he would go to wouldn't seem as sincere. When it's for his brother who he's already been shown to be very protective of and loves very much, it makes perfect sense and you don't question it at all.

Is it still too early for spoilers? The movie's not even a year old yet. Just in case...

I love that, at the end Luigi gets to be a hero equally with Mario. I thought they might be setting it up for him to just hold Bowser off long enough for Mario to get the star and be the big hero on his own, for Luigi's heroic role to be important but out of the spotlight, but Mario and Luigi do it together, equally. It's not the Super Mario movie, it's the Super Mario Bros. Movie. Both of them. And I think that's great.

I hope Luigi gets to do a lot more in the sequel.

Luigi sounds so much more similar to how he used to sound than Mario does, even though Charles Martinet voiced both of them. I guess the new voice actor is better at Luigi than Mario.

Here's a random idea: I think they should make a Yoshi RPG. Like Yoshi's Island, but a narrative-driven RPG instead of a platformer. You could have a whole party of Yoshis with different abilities, maybe based on their color. Maybe one non-Yoshi party member, just to mix things up. But I think Mario should not be in it at all, other than maybe a character could mention that he's elsewhere. If they wanted to include Luigi, though, I'd be totally open to that.

Iā€™ve noticed that thereā€™s a lot of Kirby enemies that are similar to Mario enemies in function and appearance. Iā€™ve mentioned how there are some enemies in Super Mario Land 2 that are essentially just Gordos, but hereā€™s some more:

- Two Faces are literally just Phantos. The only difference is that they donā€™t attack you if you collect a key. Howeverā€¦
- there are certain Scarfies that will chase you down if you collect a key, just like Phantos from SMB2. The main difference is that Scarfies are much easier to deal with, as while you canā€™t inhale them, at least you can kill them with other methods like Copy Abilities
- Squishies appear in most Kirby games, and theyā€™re basically just Kirbyā€™s Bloopers. They act the same underwater and even look similar. But Squishies wonā€™t make you want to rip your hair out if you see one
- thereā€™s Boolers from Kirby Dream Land that look kind of like Boos. They donā€™t act very similar to Boos, but there are also a type of Scarfy that do. They only turn into their monster form if you face away
- Flamers act kind of like Hotheads in that they move against and up the terrain, but they can also start flying, so thatā€™s where the similarities end

Thatā€™s all I can think of for now.

Here's my thought: Sometimes I wonder about the chemistry and inner-workings of the power-ups and how it affects people like Mario and other creatures. I know it's fantasy and all, but it's like my personal food for thought.

I feel bad. Mario and Peach (and also Luigi in two of the occasions) have wanted to go on a vacation three times, and all of those times, their vacation was ruined by Bowser in some way, and they only get to enjoy the vacation off screen after the game is beaten.

And thereā€™s also a fourth occasion with Peach in Princess Peach Showtime, but now she has to fight for herself and not even Toadsworth is involved.

I never realized that Toadsworth was just phased out of the series. The last main series game heā€™s appeared in, out of two in total, was New Super Mario Bros. DS, in 2006. And the last game heā€™s appeared in at all was Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, in 2013. The worst part is that he was supposed to appear in the Mario movie, but they just scrapped him. He was also supposed to appear in Mario Party 8, but they decided against it.

What did Toadsworth ever do to deserve this disrespect lol.

I loved the Paper Mario series; I wish my sister didnā€™t sell all my n64 and some of my gamecube games without my permission back in high school. šŸ˜­ I have the one for the switch, the origami one but thatā€™s another game on my to do list. I tried a bit of it; didnā€™t really like that it used motion controls though. It overall felt different from the first Paper Mario.

• Hug
Reactions: Dim
Back