Politics General Discussion Thread - "USA Presidential Election 2016" Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you think it's okay to have forms of gay conversion therapies? Why are you supporting people like this?

Oath got it right before me.
> Mike Pence once supported the use of federal funding to treat people "seeking to change their sexual behavior."

I mean he never actually said he supported gay conversion therapy, but that's clearly something he wants. When the Republican National Committee chair was asked about if they supported it, they responded with "It's not in the platform".

That is not a denial. That is dodging the question.

Mike Pence is an intelligent politician who knows what words to use to tacitly state his support on gay conversion therapy without actually outright supporting it.

s e e k i n g t o c h a n g e t h e i r b e h a v i o r
that means they're consenting to it
it still doesn't say conversion anywhere, it isn't even implied, so you're literally just looking for something to be offended by

either way, it doesn't matter, as pence is only a safe net for trump. shares basic principles and ideas with trump, appeals to christian/pence supporting voters, as well as prevents people from assassinating him as pence would become president, and literally no one wants that (as i mentioned earlier)

it still doesn't say conversion anywhere, it isn't even implied, so you're literally just looking for something to be offended by

either way, it doesn't matter, as pence is only a safe net for trump. shares basic principles and ideas with trump, appeals to christian/pence supporting voters, as well as prevents people from assassinating him as pence would become president, and literally no one wants that (as i mentioned earlier)

I'n sorry sweaty but I'm not offended. Please don't try and make something that it's not, sweaty :)

"Treating people" concerned with their sexuality is just a kinder way of saying "people who want to stop being gay can be converted back to the norm". What else could something like that possibly mean? Hardly going to be a group chat.

Stop being in denial about what you are supporting. I'm not bashing anyone for voting for Trump, but everyone should know what they're letting themselves in for when they do vote, and it's clear to me so many of his supporters will be completely oblivious to things like this.

Also keep in mind that conversion therapy is usually something that the parents send their kids to - it's usually not the kids that consent to anything.

I just read this Breitbart article on the Trump riots, and it's a complete diatribe against left-wingers. It pointed out how liberals use their bias against conservatives when they repremand them, forces them to follow their beliefs, and did stuff like pull the race card. But when Trump won, they riot. It was a one-sided article against liberals. It's not the beliefs the article attacks, but it's the actions done by the people with the beliefs. As much as I have to agree with the article, I also think there are flaws with the article.

I also read an article saying something about the post-2012 election riots, and all I see is verbal irony, saying that there was a riot about Romney losing, but it only shown quiet neighborhoods, inferring that conservatives aren't the same if their candidate lost.

Also keep in mind that conversion therapy is usually something that the parents send their kids to - it's usually not the kids that consent to anything.

Not to mention the people that probably do consent do it for the wrong reasons. I.E. Because their being bullied or whatever. The very idea of conversion therapy does nothing but imply and promote the idea that you aren't normal.

Last edited:
We've closed this thread because people haven't been able to discuss this topic civilly. You all need to learn to share your opinions in a respectful way or we can't have discussions like this here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back