Politics General Discussion Thread - "USA Presidential Election 2016" Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people really upset that we have a new potential ally like come on
It's PEACE

Putin is a horrible person and so is Trump (though Putin is worse, of course). Picture what two horrible people can do together. Putin's goal is the rule the entire world. You ever wonder why Russia is so messed up? It's due to that guy. Don't be fooled into thinking his goal is to create peace. No, it's all a lie. Don't believe me if you want, doesn't hurt me any, just be aware is all.

Putin is a horrible person and so is Trump (though Putin is worse, of course). Picture what two horrible people can do together. Putin's goal is the rule the entire world. You ever wonder why Russia is so messed up? It's due to that guy. Don't be fooled into thinking his goal is to create peace. No, it's all a lie. Don't believe me if you want, doesn't hurt me any, just be aware is all.

I think Nicholas II was a better person than Putin.

As an American who despises Donald Trump, I am terrified for my country's future. My father and brother are both Trump supporters (as well as my grandparents) they are all laughing at me because he won. I cannot comprehend what will happen in 4 years

As an American who despises Donald Trump, I am terrified for my country's future. My father and brother are both Trump supporters (as well as my grandparents) they are all laughing at me because he won. I cannot comprehend what will happen in 4 years

I know how you feel. A member of my family is a Trump supporter, worried that he won't do everything he said he was going to do.

its honestly disgusting how people want trump to be assassinated, like honestly
do you really hate democracy so much as to want people with differentiating opinions to be murdered?
they're probably empty threats from millennials in the third or fourth stages of grief but it's still utterly revolting

its honestly disgusting how people want trump to be assassinated, like honestly
do you really hate democracy so much as to want people with differentiating opinions to be murdered?
they're probably empty threats from millennials in the third or fourth stages of grief but it's still utterly revolting

Donald Trump is putting people to death. The suicide hotlines were swarmed last night. I don't wish him harm, but karma has everyone's name and a stamp, and if something happens to him I won't exactly be mourning him. He's on trial for rape tomorrow.

I am still dying at the fact that the Canadian Immigrant website crashed last night, and the US stock markets crashed more than the day after 9/11 occurred.

I am still dying at the fact that the Canadian Immigrant website crashed last night, and the US stock markets crashed more than the day after 9/11 occurred.

but did they bounce back :]

- - - Post Merge - - -

Donald Trump is putting people to death. The suicide hotlines were swarmed last night. I don't wish him harm, but karma has everyone's name and a stamp, and if something happens to him I won't exactly be mourning him. He's on trial for rape tomorrow.

people are probably feeling suicidal because of all the fear mongering thats going on online right now lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Guess what I saw as I was reading the election results.

11,000 voted Harambe during this election. Wow!

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS
1. That is a rumor, there is no evidence to back that figure
2. Most states require paperwork done by the write-in candidate themselves for those write-in votes to even count

Even if it were real, none of those joke votes took any votes away from the two big candidates.

The funniest part is that I'm considering making a fake troll account and spam this thread

How did we let this happen? We're screwed!
On the bright side, SNL and The Late Show will be hilarious for the next 4 years.

PS
Anyone wanna be bunker mates for WWIII?

Some sources reporting at least 8 trans youth have committed suicide since Trump's win was announced.

This is a message that has been circling around social media for a while now:

"Trigger warning: suicide

Edited to add: we are up to 8. 8 dead. 1 on life support.

Edited again to add: these numbers are being reported by parents. When I say "kids" I should clarify that I'm just speaking about someone child... that child could be anywhere from a teenager to an adult.

I'm in a couple of Facebook groups for parents who have transgender children. As of right now we have reports that we lost four children to suicide since last night's election results. FOUR CHILDREN TO SUICIDE. And a 5th is on life support.

I don't know how to accurately describe how terrified I am. I can love my son with every ounce of my being. I can advocate for him until I'm blue in the face. I can get him the best therapist & psychiatrist I can find, but unless the rest of society supports him too, I run a 41% chance of losing him just like the parents in my groups lost their kids.

But I guess that doesn't really matter as long as we've all got our guns, bibles, and a shot at reversing Roe vs. Wade.

Those things are obviously more important. Why else would we elect someone who has promised to overturn President Obama's trans directives, or someone who promised to remove all protections for the LGBT community, or someone who thinks my kid can be "saved" with conversion therapy instead of love and acceptance.

Sorry, not sorry, if this offends you. Trust me, being offended is so much easier than being scared for your kids life, health, and happiness."

Says it all, really.

y is that funny. spam isnt even good trolling

To be fair that's true, and I apologize for what I said.

I just find it extremely unnerving to the fact that people are even commiting suicide to this and saying the world will end, I mean why think of the worst possible thing?

I think it's funny because if you're making a fuss about this, the only person you're hurting is you

That's not his fault, its the media's, for fear-mongering and acting like the president has some absolute power that can make Trump a tyrant. They're openly giving false information on sites like BuzzFeed and Tumblr.

I am still dying at the fact that the Canadian Immigrant website crashed last night
And people say Trump won't make a great president. He's already helping beat overpopulation!

That's not his fault, its the media's, for fear-mongering and acting like the president has some absolute power that can make Trump a tyrant. They're openly giving false information on sites like BuzzFeed and Tumblr.

He thinks Mexican immigrants are rapists and terrorists.

He thinks planned parenthood is "an abortion factory".

He wants to abolish Muslim Americans indefinitely.

He "can't decide" on whether transsexuals should be protected or not.

He believes same-sex marriage should be decided by individual states.

He called Rosie O?Donnell "a big fat pig", "disgusting", "a slob", and "a very unattractive person". Bette Midler is "ugly", and Heidi Klum is "no longer a 10".

He made a habit of going into beauty pageant contestants' dressing rooms even when they were naked, claiming he "got away with it" because he ran the show.

He admitted to trying to have sex with a married woman once.

He's on trial for rape, and will be on trial for multiple things throughout his presidency.

All of these can be backed up if you want me to get out all the sources for you, by the way.

It is no wonder that people wanted to kill themselves. America is an extremely unpredictable, and possibly unsafe place with a man like that. If I lived there I'd be absolutely terrified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back