Politics General Discussion Thread - "USA Presidential Election 2016" Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, for a pretty darn good explanation for why Trump won, click on the link in the spoiler. It's in the spoiler because there's cussing in the post and I forgot whether cussing is allowed here or not (probably not)

- - - Post Merge - - -

She wouldn't have to pay me a dime to get on those streets with signs.

So you would willingly attack Trump supporters?

Edit: perhaps there is a confusion. I said that she's paying for people to incite violence at Trump rallies. So if you're implying that you're willing to do that, for free, then please...

Last edited:
Where are all these reports? I'll admit to hearing about the homeless woman who was beaten up but where are all the others?

These suicide victims' suicides were driven. Their deaths are not their own faults.

I'm on my phone at work so I can't like at the moment. The Daily Caller and YouTube have videos of Trump supporters being attacked. I'll be happy to link them when I get home.

And as a person with deep depression and suicidal tendencies, while I agree it's something people do when backed in a corner, it's still the individuals choice to commit the act. I wouldn't blame anyone but myself if I did go through with it.

@nvll

oh I could link to many to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqIdabDWNRs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIAjIByVgdk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMux_UHmpvc

and dozens more. If you need more, I will gladly go through the_donald and give you more sources - both of this, and the corruption that leaks through the DNC

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, if you're basing your "sources" off CNN, HuffPo, then you'll never find anything on this matter. Those types of media outlets will never report it.

Last edited:
To everyone that's just as offended as I am over some of these comments, just ignore them. If you are someone that goes down in the list of everything that trump is against, I'm sorry this is the sad world we live in but you have way more value, we all do so there is no need to feel overpowered. Don't read into the trolls that just feel cool cause they have a keyboard to type on and no one is in their face.

Let it go, it's obvious that these people are going to give every single excuse and reason to promote a racist, sexist, bigot as our president. The ones that know this isn't okay, I salute you. The ones that think this is okay and we should just get over it, educate yourselves, be more tolerant and understanding to others, and quit thinking the protests are over nothing, they are definitely over something, over a lot actually.

This man becomes president and now all of the sudden everyone feels the need to promote what he stands for and tell everyone else to get over it.. cool. Might as well send us all back to the 1950's while you're at it.

I'm on my phone at work so I can't like at the moment. The Daily Caller and YouTube have videos of Trump supporters being attacked. I'll be happy to link them when I get home.

And as a person with deep depression and suicidal tendencies, while I agree it's something people do when backed in a corner, it's still the individuals choice to commit the act. I wouldn't blame anyone but myself if I did go through with it.

Depression among with other mental illnesses make people act irrationally, as in not how they would normally behave. In a non-driven situation (as in they haven't been bullied or abused or any other outside factors) suicide is no one's fault because it is caused by a sickness. It's honestly kind of sad that you feel that way about yourself but don't blame others for being pushed by other people to feel the need to take their own lives.

In all seriousness I'm tired of seeing people constantly guilt tripping others for not voting for Hillary Clinton. Guilt-tripping other people if they choose to vote third party and saying that they are essentially voting for Trump if they vote third-party. It's so ****ing messed up, the US governmental system is a complete mess and it's so twisted that you practically have to pick between two sides when you want to vote, if you vote third party it's like you turn into some devil who just can't make up their minds or you're TECHNICALLY VOTING FOR THE OTHER CANDIDATE. It shouldn't be that way. Hillary and Trump were both absolutely horrendous candidates, and I would have preferred Hillary over Trump but even so they were both awful, so I can't blame some people for choosing to vote third party - either way whoever you end up with it's going to be ****ty. I just hate seeing on social media (and Tumblr in particular) people guilt-tripping third party voters because they didn't vote for Hillary. Okay, Trump's president now, whether we like it or not, and you have to accept that fact. But why are you complaining about third party voters who didn't vote for Hillary? Why don't you complain about actual Trump supporters and people who voted for him instead? They are technically the real problem.

of course it doesn't make the racist, sexists, etc... it just means they promoted a racist, sexist, etc to run our country. In my eyes, it's the same deal, but to separate the two, there you go, smh.

I get where you're coming from. However Republicans had no choice, its just unfair to expect one to vote against what is best for them because their presidental candidate hurt someone elses feelings.
I hope you are at least compassionate enough to understand it in that reguard.

So you would willingly attack Trump supporters?

Edit: perhaps there is a confusion. I said that she's paying for people to incite violence at Trump rallies. So if you're implying that you're willing to do that, for free, then please...

Confusion, yes. I meant I'd be out there peacefully protesting if I was in America right now.

Last edited:
To everyone that's just as offended as I am over some of these comments, just ignore them. If you are someone that goes down in the list of everything that trump is against, I'm sorry this is the sad world we live in but you have way more value, we all do so there is no need to feel overpowered. Don't read into the trolls that just feel cool cause they have a keyboard to type on and no one is in their face.

Let it go, it's obvious that these people are going to give every single excuse and reason to promote a racist, sexist, bigot as our president. The ones that know this isn't okay, I salute you. The ones that think this is okay and we should just get over it, educate yourselves, be more tolerant and understanding to others, and quit thinking the protests are over nothing, they are definitely over something, over a lot actually.

This man becomes president and now all of the sudden everyone feels the need to promote what he stands for and tell everyone else to get over it.. cool. Might as well send us all back to the 1950's while you're at it.

remember when people protested obamas victory in 2008?
they were by civilized people on the right
this is crazy leftism at its finest

In all seriousness I'm tired of seeing people constantly guilt tripping others for not voting for Hillary Clinton. Guilt-tripping other people if they choose to vote third party and saying that they are essentially voting for Trump if they vote third-party. It's so ****ing messed up, the US governmental system is a complete mess and it's so twisted that you practically have to pick between two sides when you want to vote, if you vote third party it's like you turn into some devil who just can't make up their minds or you're TECHNICALLY VOTING FOR THE OTHER CANDIDATE. It shouldn't be that way. Hillary and Trump were both absolutely horrendous candidates, and I would have preferred Hillary over Trump but even so they were both awful, so I can't blame some people for choosing to vote third party - either way whoever you end up with it's going to be ****ty. I just hate seeing on social media (and Tumblr in particular) people guilt-tripping third party voters because they didn't vote for Hillary. Okay, Trump's president now, whether we like it or not, and you have to accept that fact. But why are you complaining about third party voters who didn't vote for Hillary? Why don't you complain about actual Trump supporters and people who voted for him instead? They are technically the real problem.

TBH people directing their hate at third-party voters should direct their hate to the disenfranchisement of felons and voter suppression.

I agree, it's isn't their fault if they made a choice, it's theirs. Where most people are coming from is the fact that yes, neither we're great, but one was completely a worst case scenario. And it probably would have been a better option to choose someone who wasn't on t.v insulting races, disabilities, genders, and religions, rather than giving a vote to someone who was clearly not going to win. Even Bernie Sanders said not to choose his name, he was endorsing Hilary for that purpose, so his votes could go to her.

The simple fact that this election has created so much hate and animosity is ridiculous. But people have to open their minds and see why people are highly upset and offended. This isn't just cause the democratic party didn't win, it's way more than that and some people just are not getting it at all (not speaking to you directly just in case c: )

Looking at the whole situation from a broader perspective, I think it's interesting how a lot of people are blaming the system for what has happened. In truth, the main source of corruption in this election was not from the Republican Party but more so just people being people. We all are selfish by nature and this is the result. The only way to overcome is to try to spread love and acceptance instead of fear. Love and fear are opposites and cannot exist together.

remember when people protested obamas victory in 2008?
they were by civilized people on the right
this is crazy leftism at its finest

yeah, and? This isn't being a hypocrite at all so correct yourself. I'm pretty sure Obama was not on the stands saying all muslims are terrorist and should be clearly identified for safety, or mocking disabled people. Have a seat, sweetheart. Educate yourself a bit more. Obama was not the greatest, even I can admit that. But don't compare then to this. Check yourself.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Looking at the whole situation from a broader perspective, I think it's interesting how a lot of people are blaming the system for what has happened. In truth, the main source of corruption in this election was not from the Republican Party but more so just people being people. We all are selfish by nature and this is the result. The only way to overcome is to try to spread love and acceptance instead of fear. Love and fear are opposites and cannot exist together.

Exactly, thank you.

This is one of the reasons why Trump won.

First of all: https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrumpNews.Co/videos/1776200712637398/

Second: Your attitude is one of the reasons why Trump won. Although the language you use is very nice - thank you - other people, especially on my facebook feed, take that to another level. You didn't say it explicitly, but you implied that Trump supporters are also racist, xenophobes, etc...there are Hillary supporters who wish to deport all Trump supporters (she even said it herself - the Deplorables)
That is simply not true. The majoirty of Trump supporters are simply people who have lost their voice over the last 8 years, people who are tired of corruption, people who want change. The more you label Trump supporters as racist xenophobes, the more "f you" votes for Trump there are. The protests are not helping. They are simply highlighting (in the eyes of Trump supporters) that the "tolerant left" is not so tolerant after all.

I get where you're coming from. However Republicans had no choice, its just unfair to expect one to vote against what is best for them because their presidental candidate hurt someone elses feelings.
I hope you are at least compassionate enough to understand it in that reguard.

Yes I understand completely, because a lot of republican fully voiced their disagreement with this kind of candidate. But in all reality, if you are really someone that doesn't believe in any of his ideals, especially the blatant insults and negativity towards race, gender, sexuality, & religion, you shouldn't have chosen someone like him anyway. It offended people like me so much farther than just being a republican or democrat, it's not about that. And I'm speaking on a lot of people's behalf. That isn't why we are upset, it's the fact that he shouldn't have even been a factor and he got endorsed, that's sick.

I would have rather any other republican, not him.

Not speaking to you directly btw c:

thank you karen. the liberals are all nice and happy until they dont get their way. then they throw a temper tantrum

- - - Post Merge - - -

highly doubt you'd rather have pence or cruz as president

thank you karen. the liberals are all nice and happy until they dont get their way. then they throw a temper tantrum

Yes, but I understand how they might feel that way. After all, we've had 8 years of Obama, and they're not used to "losing".

This is one of the reasons why Trump won.

First of all: https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrumpNews.Co/videos/1776200712637398/

Second: Your attitude is one of the reasons why Trump won. Although the language you use is very nice - thank you - other people, especially on my facebook feed, take that to another level. You didn't say it explicitly, but you implied that Trump supporters are also racist, xenophobes, etc...there are Hillary supporters who wish to deport all Trump supporters (she even said it herself - the Deplorables)
That is simply not true. The majoirty of Trump supporters are simply people who have lost their voice over the last 8 years, people who are tired of corruption, people who want change. The more you label Trump supporters as racist xenophobes, the more "f you" votes for Trump there are. The protests are not helping. They are simply highlighting (in the eyes of Trump supporters) that the "tolerant left" is not so tolerant after all.

Those people are not my people, and yes I highly stand by what I say. I explained it in a previous post, he shouldn't have been a factor at all. Just like the trolls I have seen on here on the trump side, yes I have seen trolls all day on the hilary side taking this as a joke. It isn't a joke at all. I don't want to be told to get over it. Do I feel highly upset and offended, you damn right. I'm being offended on all levels and so are many people. Are some taking it way too far? Yes, as it happens naturally, not everybody thinks the same, nor can we control certain situations. Would I have rather it had been Bernie Sanders instead of Hilary? Yes. Would others have rather it be another republican candidate instead of trump? Yes. I'm not promoting violence, in any way, but my opinion is republicans should have fought a bit harder to not have a candidate like him. I highly feel he bought his way in and gave republicans no choice. But a person like him was promoted into the office by the people that voted for him. That's where people are offended. People voted for him, even if it's cause they felt like they had no choice. He stands for ideals that are completely inhumane. I cannot call him my president, refuse to, and a lot of people feel the same way. It isn't a color, race or religion thing, it's a people thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back