• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bushing teeth: water then paste? paste then water?

What order do you do?

• Water then toothpaste!

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Toothpaste then water!

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Water then toothpaste then water!

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • No water, just paste!

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other: comment below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

blossum

ღ🍨🌸∵あま&#
Bells
Chocolate Cake
Blue Candy
Red Candy
Famous Mushroom
Togepi Easter Egg
Blue Feather
What order do you do when brushing your teeth? I'm curious! Do you have a reason for doing so?

For me:
I don't know how I picked up this peculiar way of wetting my brush then applying paste THEN more water?! Am I the only one :confused:

Nope, you aren't the only one. When it isn't wet it's sorta sticky and disgusting, and it only goes in one place, so I wet it, put the toothpaste on, then wet it again.

I like to wet the bristles and follow with toothpaste. I guess the only odd thing I do when it comes to brushing is I always do it twice in a row. I brush, rinse, clean my toothbrush, then repeat the process again. I know it's weird but it's the way I've always done it and the only way that feels... right?

I wet the brush, then add the paste, then wet it once more.

both. i wet the toothbrush twice, once before adding the toothpaste and once after

HAH, I can tell all my friends now that I'm not the only one! Literally 90% of them thought it was a strange application method.

I always do it twice in a row.
I know someone that alternates brushing teeth in the morning twice and brushing once at night? They said it felt right for them too hahaha.

hmm, i've always put the toothpaste on then water. i've never though about putting water first, maybe i'll try that

I wet it, then put the paste on and then wet it again.

I wet the brush then put the toothpaste on and then wet it again. I thought I was like to only one who did this, but I guess not. I'm not alone! However, in the mornings I also have to brush my retainer so I wet the brush then put a tad bit of paste on the brush and clean my retainer, then I rinse it off and do the whole wet paste wet thing.

It doesn't really matter to me, as long as I get the job done.

Fun fact; I've known somebody to clean their teeth five times a day. Why? I don't know. Twice a day is good enough for me, you can even ask my dentist! ;)

Water then toothpaste then water....why? i don't know. Just how i've always done it.

Water, toothpaste, water. I assume I do it because I watched my mother do it when I was little and she did my teeth for me.

My toothpaste sticks if I don't do water after toothpaste, but the bristles don't brush correctly if I don't put water on first, so it's water toothpaste water for me! Sometimes I re-water my brush if the paste doesn't foam and clean my teeth up.

I like to wet the brush just in case it's dirty, then I add a dollop of toothpaste, then I add more water until some of the toothpaste falls off. If I have too much toothpaste it feels like it's burning my mouth and then I end up spitting out the toothpaste and foam before I have enough time to clean my teeth.

Hot water first, to get rid of the germs. Then toothpaste, and hot water to eradicate the toothpaste taste a little bit.

Back