• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your BMI?

What's your BMI?

• < 18.5 Underweight

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • 18.6 - 19.6

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • 19.7 - 20.7

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • 20.8 - 20.8

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 20.9 - 21.9

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • 22.0 - 23.0

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • 24.0 - 24.9

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 25.0 - 29.9 Overweight

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • 30.0 - 39.9 Obese

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • > 40 Morbidly Obese

Votes: 6 6.6%

• Total voters
I was depressed and ate only one meal a day for the duration of 6 months or so. I gained 6kgs.
I started drinking and eating regularly again and lost it all again within 5 days.

I could eat three whole crabs or something and end up losing 1.2kg.

It's really frustrating when people tell me I should gain weight.

I'm not a nutritionist, but when people starve themselves in an attempt to lose weight, they end up gaining weight because your body will go into "starvation mode" and will begin storing all carbohydrates as fat. After a while, however, your body will begin to consume itself and you'll lose weight in the long run, but in the early stages you do tend to gain a few pounds.

Well, somehow not eating does contribute to weight gain. It has happened to me before, albeit I only gained a few pounds.

yep this is pretty much it thats why ppl recovering from anorexia and bulimia actually lose weight when they start a proper diet again

you also lose weight in muscle when you starve yourself so that contributes to why you might gain weight after eating properly again
I'm dying. Oh my God. That's just not how it works at all.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My BMI is 5 trillion
The struggle of obese ants. :(

please tell me the thing where you starve yourself makes you gain weight thing isnt true

please tell me the thing where you starve yourself makes you gain weight thing isnt true

well if you eat nothing at all or barely anything then yes, your metabolism will slow down for a bit. If you want to lose weight eat less carbs and more protein and fiber when you do eat carbs. Cause not eating any carbs at all is also bad

22, I was 30 for two years before I changed how I ate & moved SO much more..
just happy to make progress.

Im slight underweight.
I'm actually doing the best I ever have right now since getting to 110 lbs. I usually fluctuate from 105-110. So hopefully I can keep it there. I really want to donate blood to find out my blood type but they told me they wanted me to be at least 112.

Secret eating? I'm 94 pounds and 5'5

??
Good for you?

It's a myth. There's a lot proving how wrong "starvation mode" is. It was made up by larger people on diets. The point is, it's impossible to gain weight on a very low calorie diet. Regardless of carbs. The only way you would gain weight is by eating more, and a ton of evidence shows we severely underreport how much we eat.

- - - Post Merge - - -

22, I was 30 for two years before I changed how I ate & moved SO much more..
just happy to make progress.
Congrats! It's amazing you took those steps!

Good for you?

It's a myth. There's a lot proving how wrong "starvation mode" is. It was made up by larger people on diets. The point is, it's impossible to gain weight on a very low calorie diet. Regardless of carbs. The only way you would gain weight is by eating more, and a ton of evidence shows we severely underreport how much we eat.

I don't understand how anyone could believe it. How could you possibly gain weight on a low calorie diet.
There are fat people who underestimate their calorie intake and blame it on 'muh genetics'
There are skinny people who overestimate their calorie intake, and therefore making FAs question how 'you can believe a skinny person is eating a lot but stays skinny, but you can't believe how I eat so little and gain weight!'

Last edited:
I don't understand how anyone could believe it. How could you possibly gain weight on a low calorie diet.
There are fat people who underestimate their calorie intake and blame it on 'muh genetics'
There are skinny people who overestimate their calorie intake, and therefore making FAs question how 'you can believe a skinny person is eating a lot but stays skinny, but you can't believe how I eat so little and gain weight!'

lol but i never said its from low calorie diets (idk about the others)

im saying after you starve yourself (severe cases like anorexia) and then start eating again you usually tend to lose weight. and you can lose weight while eating a lot, it depends on what youre eating. you can lose muscle mass.
its super common look it up

Last edited:
Okay, I'm sorry but BMI is unreliable as sht.
I'm glad that most people are able to judge if they're are healthy considering weight, nutrition, excercise, ect, themselves without using any system that's so unrealistic as this one and not conclude that they're healthy based on the results such a test gives them.

Back