• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your BMI?

What's your BMI?

• < 18.5 Underweight

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • 18.6 - 19.6

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • 19.7 - 20.7

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • 20.8 - 20.8

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 20.9 - 21.9

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • 22.0 - 23.0

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • 24.0 - 24.9

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 25.0 - 29.9 Overweight

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • 30.0 - 39.9 Obese

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • > 40 Morbidly Obese

Votes: 6 6.6%

• Total voters
Usually when I calculate it using online sites they tell me I'm underweight. I don't believe it, and my doctor has never mentioned BMI or anything regarding my weight being unhealthy. I don't think BMI is a good indicator because it can really depend on genetics and body type.

Usually when I calculate it using online sites they tell me I'm underweight. I don't believe it, and my doctor has never mentioned BMI or anything regarding my weight being unhealthy. I don't think BMI is a good indicator because it can really depend on genetics and body type.

I would have to agree-since I'm taller then most it doesn't like it for me :eek:

Not these threads again... :rolleyes:

Tbh I don't care about mine, as long as you are healthy and don't have problems it should be fine. Obviously some people may or may not need help keep their weight but this system is too much random to be trusted.

@crystalmilktea yes.. bodytypes and how much fat and stuff are individual

I calculated mine from the local country site and I have a perfectly normal weight. That's a good thing.

I would have to agree-since I'm taller then most it doesn't like it for me :eek:
You realize height is a part of the formula, correct?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not these threads again... :rolleyes:

Tbh I don't care about mine, as long as you are healthy and don't have problems it should be fine. Obviously some people may or may not need help keep their weight but this system is too much random to be trusted.

@crystalmilktea yes.. bodytypes and how much fat and stuff are individual
How is it random?

You realize height is a part of the formula, correct?

- - - Post Merge - - -

How is it random?

yeah, but age takes a part in a lot of cases and mine just messes up in general also bcause of my body shape-its kinda like an inverted triangle in some sorts and it goes wierd on me

yeah, but age takes a part in a lot of cases and mine just messes up in general also bcause of my body shape-its kinda like an inverted triangle in some sorts and it goes wierd on me
They have calculators with age as a factor. Really, age just adds a wider range of normal, on both ends.

Body shape isn't much of a factor, expect in cases where fat is stored mostly around the midsection. That actually makes a lower threshold for normal BMI.

BMI is an indicator, not a tell all. It's not supposed to be taken so seriously, just as a general idea.

According to the first website I found, 10.7?
That doesn't make sense. 110 pounds for 5.25 feet is hardly underweight.
I don't look underweight and my doctor has never told me that I was.

I don't know how accurate websites are, but I'm normal apparently.

According to the first website I found, 10.7?
That doesn't make sense. 110 pounds for 5.25 feet is hardly underweight.
I don't look underweight and my doctor has never told me that I was.
It's about 20.1. You're normal. Not sure what calculator you used, but it's way off. So no worries.

I have no idea what mine is. I'd rather not know - I'm worried finding out what it is and panicking if it says that I'm overweight or something.

Lots of online calculators if you are wondering. Here is one for children.

Thanks
I shoulda took my massive coat off cause I got 87 and that's overweight lol but I'm lazy. I don't care. I'm 5,9 and have size 12 feet so I like being big.

Thanks
I shoulda took my massive coat off cause I got 87 and that's overweight lol but I'm lazy. I don't care. I'm 5,9 and have size 12 feet so I like being big.
Um, 87 would be dead. I don't think that's right. Lol.

Back