• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Did you model your NL mayor after yourself?

Plasticlizards

Baconator
Bells
Yellow Candy
My mayor, aside from having a perfectly round head and spheres for hands, pretty much looks like me. She has my name, hair style/color, eye color/shape, and I even put her in outfits similar to ones I actually have in real life. Is this weird?? I like to think of playable characters in video games as a representation of ME, so I usually try to model them after myself. This goes for pretty much any playable character with options for customization in the games I've played. A lot of people told me it's strange and kind of a selfish thing to do, but I don't really see how? i like to think of myself as being inside of the game and involved when I play it.

not weird at all! i named my mayor after me, gave him a very similar fashion to what i wear irl most of the time. once i unlock the contacts i'll give him green eyes like me
only thing i haven't made the same as me is the hair. my hair is kinda dark brown/black and i style it up while his has a fringe and is light brown

Yes i did this as well (my mayor had dark brown hair for a while but i changed it to black like mine recently). I will change my eye color soon as well c: i wish you could have long hair past your shoulders in this game because mines over halfway down my back

Yes i did this as well (my mayor had dark brown hair for a while but i changed it to black like mine recently). I will change my eye color soon as well c: i wish you could have long hair past your shoulders in this game because mines over halfway down my back

I never really understood why there is no long hairstyles, because most girls and many guys too have long hair! My hair irl is very short, just past my ears & kinda like a bob-cut but I used to have long hair and always had to settle with what little options the game had. Haha.

my mayor is nothin like me lmao. he has red hair, green eyes, a bit of a fashion sense, and 20/20 vision

I don't see how it's weird to want to feel like your the one playing the game but okay. D;
Anyway, I personally didn't want my mayor to look like me. The only thing we share is the name Megan. c:

my mayor is nothin like me lmao. he has red hair, green eyes, a bit of a fashion sense, and 20/20 vision

my mayor's main outfit consists of sweatpants, a plain hoodie & a stocking cap. it's what i normally wear in real life too. neither one of us has any fashion sense c:

Other than both of us having black hair, not really. My mayor is more of what I wish I looked like.

I should post a photo of my mayor and myself in the outfit similar to the one she's wearing for a side-by-side comparison. Lmao.

Yep YEP. Anytime a game offers customization, I always model them after me. I also use them to dress and stuff to how I wish I could IRL

The Mayor and I . . . ?

I choose fictional.

One reason, and I'm not saying it's applicable to me, is that there is a lack of options.

The next "Animal Crossing" is going to need to design the humans to be diverse. It's been a failure so far; and that's because, with my being at this site for longer than a year, plenty have taken notice and weren't particularly pleased with not having some representation. So, I have a feeling this may become corrected with the next "Animal Crossing."

Very yes.

My mayor has my name, my hair color and my affinity for bright colors. Since I'm a nerdus maximus, I also gave her a personality loosely based on myself as a kid.

She's not exactly like me, but if she were too different I'd be a lot more detached. And since I'm running a blog detailing her antics, I can't have that.

Nah. I wouldn't be caught dead with pink hair and frilly clothes :p
I named her from a character I used to have in a MMO. While her personality somewhat based around mine, she's a lot more sophisticated and snobbish hahah.
I grew to really like her though, I plan to use her in a short comic :)

I think it's fun to model your mayor based on yourself! It can really immerse yourself in the game :lemon:

lmao no
Her face and mine are extremely different. Also, naturally, I don't have white hair. I would make more of an effort if I could alter the skin colour and she could have longer hair, but.

That's the thing about Animal Crossing, it's a life simulater. But the thing is. It only simulates life, but not fully. I mean in real life could you walk eveerwhere? Get your hair done any color and day any place? Sell bugs? No, thats why my charcter is not like me at all. lol

That's the thing about Animal Crossing, it's a life simulater. But the thing is. It only simulates life, but not fully. I mean in real life could you walk eveerwhere? Get your hair done any color and day any place? Sell bugs? No, thats why my charcter is not like me at all. lol

Hmm, I bet I could if I tried ;) i'm gonna walk into the grocery store and ask the manager if he wants to buy a beetle. jk.

In my very first town, I named my mayor after myself, but she had many different hair colors and wacky outfits which looked nothing like me. :p In my current town, my mayor has a completely different name and style, so they were like characters I made up. However, I have a character in my current town named after me who actually looks a lot like me, and I made her house how I would want my own house to be! I like to play as "myself" when I wifi with irl friends. :)

Back