• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Insomnia... (and advice)

Bells
Ok, I start school in 6 days (next Wednesday), and I still have a bad habit of staying up too late. My sleeping schedule is seriously messed up. My regular would be sleeping at 11pm-12am and waking up from 6-8am, but currently I sleep from 3:30-6am and wake up between 11am-1pm. So I need advice on how to sleep better. My current method is one, I make sure I stay cool before I sleep. And two, listen to ASMR videos as I fall asleep. So yeah, advice needed please.

This can also be a place where fellow insomniacs can gather advice too :p

It's 6 AM in California right now, so any help would be appreciated ; o ;
(I start school in a little bit less than a month uvu)

if youre not suicidal like me you could try sleeping pills

another way ive tried is exhausting yourself. make sure you wake up earlier than you normally would (2-3 hours), have a busy day, and you should be tired earlier and helps u get back on track, that works for me

Where I live its 3am and Im suppost to wake up at 9am to get a haircut :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

if youre not suicidal like me you could try sleeping pills

another way ive tried is exhausting yourself. make sure you wake up earlier than you normally would (2-3 hours), have a busy day, and you should be tired earlier and helps u get back on track, that works for me

Once I stayed up all night and then tried to stay up all day so by the time its like 11pm or something I would get all sleepy. It didn't help much though :/

I went to bed at 9 (cause I was really tired??) but literally every two hours I would wake up and I just gave up this morning at 5 am cause I couldn't sleep. I moved into the front room with my blankets and camped out on the couch. I find the darkness of the morning and the quietness of the house to be relaxing. I suggest drinking camomile tea and maybe reading a book. Avoid computers, phones, or video games because those will only keep you awake. (Yeah I should take my own advice)

They say you should stop electronic use like an hour before you plan on sleeping, to calm yourself down enough to want to sleep? So try not to surf the internet before you decide you want to go to bed. Maybe have a little warm milk too. I'm not sure if these methods offer help to insomniacs vs. people who have an easier time of sleeping, but I'm sure Google can provide methods.

Take extreamly hot shower and be in the shower untill you feel extreamly dizzy, it will make you pass out very quickly

I'm half-nocturnal I guess due to insomnia. My insomnia has gotten WAY better and now I can sleep. Just that the mornings It feels like night time and the night feels like day to me. Yeah, My sleeping schedule is pretty messed up.

I read up on tricks on the internet when I couldn't sleep.

-No electronics when you're in bed. Even have someone change your phone's activation code temporarily if you need to.
-No exercising no more than 2 hours before you go to bed. For example, if you go to sleep at 11PM, you can't exercise from 9PM and 11PM.
-Temperature. It's recommended that you sleep in a room that's neither really cold nor really hot.
-Like Reenhard said, I read somewhere that showers make you feel like going to bed.

Once I stayed up all night and then tried to stay up all day so by the time its like 11pm or something I would get all sleepy. It didn't help much though :/
i didn't say stay up all night, i said wake up a few hours earlier than you normally would

I actually use my phone TO fall asleep. I have an app called Relax MP that plays sleep music along with my choice of low frequency alpha and beta waves that help with relaxation, concentration, falling asleep, having dreams, dreamless sleep and deep meditation. They really do work for me. I also use this app called Sleep sense that had blinking red dots that go over your eyes, and it tricks your brain into being very sleepy. I actually use it on nights I am up really late (like last night) and it helps. It may seem weird, but you just start the app, put in some earbuds and place it over your eyes and relax with you eyes closed and the blinking light does it's magic. It works even better with the pre-sleep alpha waves.

I would try it!

get into a habit of sleeping early you will usually be tired by that time if you always fall asleap around that time just stay away from your phone and tv what i do is stay up all night (what im doing now) and then sleep early like around 8 or 9 and you will get used to waking up early also if you have trouble waking up get a alarm clock that makes an annoying beeping sound, that woke me up in like 5 secounds and i instantly got up to turn it off (it also helps if you have to get out of bed to reach the off switch because if you are right next to it you dont really get up and are prepared to be awake you just kinda lay in bed for the next 5 mins (and might fall asleap)

Back