• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Ghostly Glade - TBT's 2022 Halloween Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ngl when I read this I thought it sounded rad as heck. i would absolutely take Past-Hell Purple as a complement and maybe start a metal/punk rock band with that name. 🔥 (pls I hope you dont mind using this as my sidebar title)
Lmao yeah it actually is a pretty good name 😝 I couldn't think of anything equally as insulting as "ugly green"!

Lmao yeah it actually is a pretty good name 😝 I couldn't think of anything equally as insulting as "ugly green"!
omg idk who said green was ugly but personally I don't think green is ugly at all; it's actually one of my favorite colors! I'm just a big sucker for pastel colors but when it comes down to listing my general favorite colors, green is up there with blue and pink. As much as I'm loyal to the spirits, I've honestly come to love the mossy green hue of the wraiths 😳

Spirits tried to be sneaky, but the Wraiths are vigilant.
(4am Chris time = 11pm EST)

Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 12.15.05.png

@xlisapisa I really appreciate the effort, sadly it didn’t work out 🥺💜 I already miss my red backdrop, it’s my fave…

I’ll make sure to give the wraiths a hard time. 😤

To the Wraiths who were turned, I'm sorry. I tried to check on as many of us as I could. I let you down.
*puts on devil horns*

I wouldn't say an advantage of 4 Spirits over Wraiths is much of a starting advantage at all (the Staff didn't think so, or they would have adjusted it),
As you know since you yourself got to choose, The Staff let those of us who received the special tickets pick our factions of our own free will. There would have been no point in letting us pick for ourselves if The Staff had intended to adjust the sides to be equal. Four more picked the Guardian Spirits. That left the Wraiths short.

I did notice that the initial essence the wraiths and the spirits were given were divided evenly to help create some form of balance. Us Spirits got less cause there was more of us and Wraiths got more.

Of course that doesn’t account for any spectral essence that we personally turned into woods or forest essence as that was up to us individually but just something interesting I thought I’d share.

I did notice that the initial essence the wraiths and the spirits were given were divided evenly to help create some form of balance. Us Spirits got less cause there was more of us and Wraiths got more.

Of course that doesn’t account for any spectral essence that we personally turned into woods or forest essence as that was up to us individually but just something interesting I thought I’d share.
Even with the lower amount of essence given there were still four more Spirits available that were given essence and were able to convert others.

It doesn't matter now. The finally teams are locked in.

I'm sorry to any former Wraiths.

Yeah while it helped even it out by giving the Wraiths more to start it’s still not the same as having equal number of members I do agree.

At least the mods did give the wraiths more though as it would have been too one sided without the boost.

I honestly still don't think 4 more people would've *greatly* affected the outcome considering users could also spend their spectral energy to keep themselves in their own faction. And besides, from what I see, I think there are (more or less) an equal amount of active spirits and active wraiths? Or I feel there are actually more active wraiths. I certainly wasn't active after the first few days, just converted a few users and went. It also really depends on the goal of the individual spirit or wraith, I know some people like giving essence only to those who really want to be in the faction, while others try to convert people from the other team in order to win. I personally only gave essence to those who liked purple. It's really more than just the number of spirits vs wraiths imo! I can't deny there is an advantage with having more people, but with so many factors that come into play, the other team can find ways to turn things into their favor.

Completely agree ^ Wraiths also seemed to be more popular with most users but maybe that’s just me.

I feel like at the beginning of the event, purple was more popular and it seemed like more people wanted to be purple. but now I feel like I see similar counts of wraiths/spirits active. To be fair, I was never considering the purple life for myself so I didn't pay too much attention to factions beyond wanting green aesthetics.

Anyways regardless of who wins it’s been a fun event. I appreciate the staff always trying to come up with something new for the events. It’s always a blast.

It was an honour to be a Spirit you guys are the best! Also to my friends who became Wraiths (willingly or unwillingly) I wish we could have been on the same side but the Wraith vs Spirit banter has been fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back