• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Catching fire

Sorrynotsorry: It was a rumour I think, but I don't think he would have either xD
Jake: O: I think the books are a must-try though c:

I got to see Catching Fire on opening night! I enjoyed the movie a lot, though I had a few gripes against some of the changes...

1.The new head game maker didn't flash his mockingjay symbol to Katnis, like he did in the book! That was supposed to be his attempt to tell her he's on her side! The movie just made him look like a bad guy![one of my biggest gripes]
2. Katnis didn't hang Snow like she did in the book.[hung the head game maker instead] Once again, taking the focus off who the real bad guy was!
3. Snow's mysterious grandaughter. She did -not- exist in the damn books, and that's going to make it VERY hard for him to do what he's supposed to do later on!

Hid my problems with the movie so people who don't want spoilers can avoid them.

I got to see Catching Fire on opening night! I enjoyed the movie a lot, though I had a few gripes against some of the changes...

1.The new head game maker didn't flash his mockingjay symbol to Katnis, like he did in the book! That was supposed to be his attempt to tell her he's on her side! The movie just made him look like a bad guy![one of my biggest gripes]
2. Katnis didn't hang Snow like she did in the book.[hung the head game maker instead] Once again, taking the focus off who the real bad guy was!
3. Snow's mysterious grandaughter. She did -not- exist in the damn books, and that's going to make it VERY hard for him to do what he's supposed to do later on!

Hid my problems with the movie so people who don't want spoilers can avoid them.

omgggg, i thought the gamemaker was the bad guy but then i remembered the book and i thought the snows daughter appeared in the first book? about giving the mocking jay pin? or maybe im tripping out, i havent read the books for ages, need to re read the series,

Last edited:
omgggg, i thought the gamemaker was the bad guy but then i remembered the book and i thought the snows daughter appeared in the first book? about giving the mocking jay pin? or maybe im tripping out, i havent read the books for ages, need to re read the series,

It wasn't Snow's daughter, it was the daughter of the mayor of District 12 who gave Katnis the pin in the first book.

I've read the books.. I believe.. three times already. Thanks to the Catching Fire movie, I'm probably gonna start my fourth read-through soon.

And I've gotta read Harry Potter for the.. 31st time[I think] to prep for the new book that's coming.

I saw it opening night as a double feature. I LOVED IT! I read the books years ago so I can't really nickpick the movie.

I was like 99% sure she did hang seneca crane in the books? but I know I had a huge gripe with the fact they didn't show the mockingjay on the new game makers clock. I guess it wouldn't made it obvious but it doesn't matter, it's what was written. I'm also extremely agitated that they removed madge from existing in the movies, especially since it's implied that gale ended up with her.

Anyways, I thought the movie was good. For some reason I had slightly less interested in this movie than the first; even though I liked Catching fire the most of the books. I don't really care for who they chose finnick's actor since he looks kinda eh compared to what I imagined finnick would look like (though his acting wasn't terrible, he was pretty okay with the acting). Johanna mason's acting was oustanding though imo. Plus they stuck pretty well to the actual book, compared to some book-to-movie adaptions.

Last edited:
Saw the movie about a week ago and I loved it although the first one was better. I'm reading the books now.

IVE SEEN IT TWICE LAST SATURDAY AND TODAY AND ITS THE GREATEST FILM EVER OMG

it was such a good movie, i saw it twice.
first with my boyfriend and the second with my cousin.
i can't wait for mockingjay! i don't really read books but i wouldn't mind reading this series!
i love the whole concept of the story and have already fallen in love with the characters in the film!

team peeta btw!

Just saw it on Sunday, loved it soo much (even though it was a little depressing) loved Mags and Johanna so much, my favourites easily.

Back