• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

So I Bought a Used iPad...

TN4U

Lone Wolf of the Starfields
Bells
Island
Wahu
Yellow Star Fragment
Green Crescent Moon
Space Whale Plush
Green Crescent Moon
Galaxolotl Star Fragment
...and I think I'm actually starting to go insane over this series.

Yep, I bought an iPad mostly for Pocket Camp. I mentioned previously in another thread that I don't play it all that often because of how different it is to the mainstream games, and that playing a game on a small screen is not my thing. However, I've been getting a real itch to actually commit some more time to this spinoff game I barely know anything about.

Let's face it: I'm a huge fan of the series, and I need to expand my hands-on knowledge about it further. My willingness to continue playing New Horizons has reached an all-time low, and that's largely because of that game's lack of recent updates. It may take a while for the next installment to be announced, so I'm deciding to make a semi-switch to Pocket Camp as it still receives updates. Of course, I'll still play New Horizons for its Photopia feature and maybe completing the rest of the Nook Miles goals, but I've seen pretty much everything it has to offer at this point. It only helps that TBT has kept me motivated to continue my passion for the series, and that's pretty big for a socially awkward guy like myself.

But, the real question you're probably wondering, is why I bought an iPad when I can just play it on my phone? Here's the thing. Mobile games in general pale severely in comparison to console games, and most of the time there's ads. That alone is one of the banes of my existence. The good thing, however, is that Pocket Camp doesn't have popup or banner ads for non-game related things, and you don't have to spend money if you don't want to. That's automatically a win in my book. Other than that, I'm wanting to try and do something different that's Animal Crossing related, and I need a much bigger screen without the app eating my phone's battery to fully enjoy doing so. Of course, I'd use the iPad for a lot of other things than just Pocket Camp. You really think I'd spend $600 of my hard-earned money on just one game? Nah.

So, here's where you, fellow forum user, come in. I barely know anything about Pocket Camp, and I'm essentially the "dummy" that needs to read one of those "for dummies" books. I've played the game a few times, and couldn't remain committed as this was on my phone, which isn't a device I like to use for gaming. I want to continue playing it, this time on my (new to me) iPad. How do you commit yourself to the game? What's your usual playtime a day? Are there things regarding the game I need to understand more about? What kind of creative things can you do (and yes, I realize it's somewhat more limited than New Horizons)?

tl;dr - I'm planning on playing Pocket Camp more on an iPad, and I've played it only a few times previously on my phone. How do YOU continue to enjoy the game?

I play Pocket Camp pretty regularly, and I play it mostly because of the constant stream of updates. There is actually a ton of stuff available in the game, from the cool terrains to rare special furniture, the possibilities of decorating are essentially limitless.

One thing you should be aware of is the fact that the events are pretty repetitive. Personally, when the furniture you can get for completing the events is something I don’t really care about I typically won’t try that hard to complete it. The game is a lot less stressful that way.

I myself have never spent a penny on this game. I really do not feel like I am missing out on that much, however that being said I don’t regularly spend any leaf tickets.

One thing that I would for sure do is to make sure that you have in game friends that can help you out. Hope you enjoy Pocket Camp as much as me! Feel free to ask me any questions, I’ll try my best to answer any you may have.

I didn't like Pocket Camp when it first came out, but now, my lifestyle has changed and I am busier and have more things going on. Because of that, Pocket Camp is enjoyable since I can experience the cute charm of Animal Crossing without having to devote much time or attention to it. I can play it in minute intervals with one hand while I do chores, work or other activities. 😁 If you have a lot of free time on you or don't multi-task often, I don't think Pocket Camp will be as fulfilling as one of the more standard installments in the series. 😬

I miss playing Pocket Camp regularly, but it's just always the same. I'm level 225 I think and I just can't get excited to level up more villagers or get new furniture.

Back