• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Birdwatching (Buzzy Bees Cabin)

Just to catch up with other ideas that was shared on Discord:

Most of Us Agreed Diamond + Dogs.
Most of us Are ??? On Gryphon (But Maybe its a Metaphor of Sorts?)

Other Topics
What if Girl's Best friend is not Diamond? A Diamond isn't an enemy of a dog.
Chocolate was brought up, then Chocolate + Dog = Chocolate Lab? Users Chocopug and ChocolateShiba were brought up. (Shoutout to Chocopug who's on the team!)
CatDog was brought up because people can say Cats are an Enemy of Dogs

If I forgot something on Discord, please update with a post here.

what's throwing me off rn is it initially says luxury sells the artist of a [combined word or phrase]. however, for the part where it says 'the gryphon does not sell the artist of [a girl's best friend], which is the enemy of [a man's best friend]', the part after the comma doesn't say the artist of the enemy of a man's best friend

..maybe i've been looking at this clue/puzzle for too long TT
regardless i agree that we have to figure out what are luxury and gryphon

Ok, for what it's worth I'm going to toss out my random thoughts here based on some of the comments.

I looked up David Bowie's recording studio and found Trident Studios. I looked up Trident and Gryphon and found a Gryphon audio system called Trident II.

Not sure where that leads us or if it's even relevant, but maybe that will spark an idea for someone else.

Next Discord Summary
Laudine was brought up. Name came from a book that translate The Knight with the Lion. Lion is part of a Griffin/Gryphon.
Harry Potter (Griffindor=Lion/Ravenclaw=Bird=Eagle), Griffinclaw, a Post from Chris
Elton John (Off Luxury, TYPE IDEA) Had a Bird Outfit, I think?
DaCoSim's Elon Musk Idea

Again, I don't know if this will be helpful or not but there is a book called Diamond Dogs published by Golden Gryphon Press. The author is Alastair Reynolds.

Some random notes that are probably useless 🤪:

RCA Records released Diamond Dogs
RCA is owned by Sony

other RCA labels:
RCA Red Seal
RCA Victor
Bluebird Records
RCA Inspiration

Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend is originally sung by Carol Channing in the Broadway production of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. Sung by Marilyn Monroe in the movie adaptation. The record of the move version is produced by MGM records, whose logo is a lion. The movie itself is distrubuted by 20th Century Fox.

Ok so here’s the deal. Elon Musk bought David Bowie’s (writer of Diamond Dogs) song rights in April 2021 with Bitcoin.
Bitcoin created the Gryphon.

Rihanna (singer of Diamonds) owns her own song rights.

Still working on mans best friend (thinking snoop dog)

Attachments

• B97FB01A-6BE3-479C-AD92-8C17349840EF.png
    B97FB01A-6BE3-479C-AD92-8C17349840EF.png
    697.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Btw, RCA Is the label that David Bowie was on, and also Snoop Dogg and pitbull also known as Mr. worldwide

I tried entering codes and searching threads last night based on some of the keywords we've come up with, but I haven't found anything yet. I'm still stumped.

Same, I posted something in discord but i'll share it here too just to see if anyone can make any leads with it

I read the riddle again and I do a lot of riddles and sometimes you have to start at the end of the riddle and work your way back. So the last line is "The gryphon does not sell the artist of a girl’s best friend, which is the enemy of a man’s best friend."

The enemy of a dog's best friend got me wondering, so we can all agree universally that dog is man's best friend right? So I wanted to find out what a dog's enemy was because everyone says cat, but i just don't know if i think that's it. So I googled what a dog's enemy is and it said man/anthropomorphism was a dogs enemy. Which I have heard the phrase a dogs worst enemy is man.

The anthropomorphism fits right into Animal Crossing because that's basically what the game is. That's all I could think of last night. idk it's hard to even continue thinking about this riddle when i have no idea what we're submitting is it a bird? is it just some random phrase? the instructions are so convoluted so idk lol

just wanted to post a few things to clear them out of my head lol gonna highlight and list out what some of the key words might mean

Luxury sells the artist of a girl’s best friend + a man’s best friend. Luxury created the gryphon.
The gryphon does not sell the artist of a girl’s best friend, which is the enemy of a man’s best friend.

luxury = sony [parent company of RCA] RCA
artist of a girl’s best friend + a man’s best friend = diamond dogs (studio album/song by david bowie) = artist is david bowie
⤷ could maybe also mean: the book Diamond Dogs, Turquoise Days published by golden gryphon press
Luxury created the gryphon = RCA created a subsidiary label called bluebird records in 1932
the gryphon = bluebird records ?
artist of a girl’s best friend = this one is tricky, there are lots of artists that have a song titled diamond(s), could be anyone from rihanna to the bee gees
enemy of a man’s best friend = most commonly considered the cat, but again it's tricky and open to debate (top hit on google says coyotes? )

so to fill in the blanks:

RCA sells bowie. RCA created Bluebird Records. Bluebird Records does not sell ???? which is the enemy of ???

Adding onto digi's post:
According to this article from Billboard, Warner Music Group acquired the rights to all of David Bowie's albums, except for his last 4 albums, in 2013. The last 4 albums were licensed to Sony Music Entertainment. So there are two companies to take into account for "Luxury".

Back