• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Your skincare!

Updated skincare routine:

I have had this routine for around 2-3 months now and my skin has never been clearer!

AM:
Rinse face with water
Apply either bodyshop vitamin e spf or bioderma tinted 50+ spf

PM:
Cleanse with bodyshop camomile butter
Apply bodyshop vitamin e moisturiser

The vitamin e range from bodyshop has literally saved my moisture barrier & has helped keep my skin super clear and moisturised! Deffo recommend to any of my U.K. friends!

Name: Mipha
Age range: 20-25
Skin type: "Sensitive" - Dry and easy infected.
Skin concerns: 1) Much pimples, 2) Area around my glasses is always super oily
Skin sensitivity: Pretty high. Most products will make my face burn..
Other information: Barely ever use any products and make up.

Current Products:
- Mixa Expert Hypoallergenic Facecream for sensitive skin

Current Routine:
I don't really have a routine, as most products will make me react bad.
Pretty much I just clean my face with water every second day in the shower and will put on the
facecream. I can't use any soap (at least the ones I've tried so far) specificically made for faces,
as I will always end up with a burning, red face. If you have any suggestions for something that
isn't too expensive, please feel free to tell me!

name: ?
age range: 21-22
skin type: greasy ass female. not sensitive
skin concerns: 1) kill grease, 2) exfoliating, 3) kill pimple.
other information: i don’t often get a pimple but when i do it’s 100% stress related

Current Products:
- think that rose toner from lush
- maelove glow up serum
- cetaphil moisturizer or this one snail cream
- maelove scar healing cream thing
- tatcha dewy mist
- etc.

Current Routine:
- wash face w water in morning
- spend 2 hours removing blackheads (usually use the metal tool and not patches) and 6 tons of nose grease
- sometimes i need to wash again throughout the day because my nose is a dumb b
- laugh at the thought of wearing glasses because of my industrial grease farm
- usually use my products when im getting my face threaded bc it prevents breakouts and bleeding
- neglect my skin care products 98% of the time cuz i don’t think they help. do love the dewy mist though, it’s my favorite thing ever

I've updated my routine! Last night was my first time introducing a snail mucin essence that so many folks on r/AsianBeauty claim to be a holy grail product, so I'm looking forward to see how it vibes with my skin.

Also considering getting ditching the Laneige eye cream entirely. Let this be a lesson to me to not judge products by price. 😆

I've updated my routine/products and added a note about how my skin does NOT vibe with acid. I really was out here thinking my skin was invincible and then I used one BHA exfoliant... smh

I'm also just not going to bother with getting a dedicated lip balm anymore. Aquaphor does the job.

Ohh, wow somehow I never saw this thread.

I'd be happy to share what I've been doing to get rid of acne. It has been incredibly successful. I get so many compliments on my face now, which makes me so happy. Prior to starting a regimen I never received compliments of any kind on my face.

In the morning:
- Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, dried with a new cloth every day
- 30 minutes or longer after cetaphil, Aczone (dapsone gel 7.5%)
- Some time later in the morning, Cetaphil moisturizer with SPF 15 (or is it 30, I don't remember)

In the evening:
- Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, dried with a new cloth once again
- Shortly after, epiduo gel. I have tolerated epiduo really well, so soon I will be switching to Epiduo Forte, which is much stronger.

Every week:
- Clean all face rags and wash pillowcase.

Most of my problems were bacterial in nature so antibiotics and good hygiene practices have turned it all around in about 3 months. My only regret was not starting years ago.

This simple routine has really changed my life. I'm so much more confident about my face now.

Last edited:
i dont wash my face as much as i should :( i typically double cleanse, use a serum for my big ole pores and SPF if its in the morning. at night i use moisturizer instead of SPF.

Name: Samantha
Skin type: Dry (ish)
Skin concerns: Tiny pimples due to stress and junk food
Skin sensitivity: Not really

Products:
Tea Trea Oil (100% natural oil used for anti-septic or antibacterial)
Rosehip Oil (100% natural oil used to even skin color and boosts collegen)
Water

Routine:
Morning I rinse face with cold water.
If I have a blemish I apply Tea Tree on it. I got used to the strong smell
If I'm feeling dry I apply Rosehip.
Apply make-up
Evening I removed makeup with Rosehip Oil.
Rinse with cold water. Dry face.
Apply Tea Tree oil if needing cleanse. Lately every night

Tip
Tea Tree oil works best if applied after rinsing face with cold water and then again rinsing lightly with water.

Warning
Tea Tree oil is harmful to pets.

I actually don't use anything that has active ingredients. I know active ingredients would really help me fade my acne scars as I learned about it during my courses at https://www.nwcollege.edu/programs/advanced-aesthetics, but I haven't found any of these products that haven't caused breakouts or irritation (or they just don't work). So I am mostly working towards my skincare goal by using mostly sunscreen and avoiding all that sun that darkens up my acne scars.

Last edited:
Bringing this back because I was curious if anyone else has tried the Egyptian Magic Cream:

em.png

This is coming from someone who's spent an outrageous amount of cash on skincare, and I don't know that anything has given me such a nice glow and moisturized my winter skin as this has. I still use a serum before applying and pat an oil on top, but the night cream I had been using just wasn't doing it anymore so decided to give this a try since I had seen it mentioned so many times over the years. I started using it as my night cream a couple weeks ago and man. 10/10 A+ product fully recommend yes.

Bringing this back because I was curious if anyone else has tried the Egyptian Magic Cream:

View attachment 529088

This is coming from someone who's spent an outrageous amount of cash on skincare, and I don't know that anything has given me such a nice glow and moisturized my winter skin as this has. I still use a serum before applying and pat an oil on top, but the night cream I had been using just wasn't doing it anymore so decided to give this a try since I had seen it mentioned so many times over the years. I started using it as my night cream a couple weeks ago and man. 10/10 A+ product fully recommend yes.
ooh yes I've used this before! I thought it was nice but I don't prefer honey smells so I phased it out.

I just use basic CeraVe face wash and lotion. I am aging terribly tho so I probs should be doing more. It's my fault for forgetting to wear sunscreen for all of 2023

Updated skincare routine:

I’m still using the vitamin E range from bodyshop and love it!

However, my routine has changed slightly to add more moisture:

Morning:

Rinse with water
Vitamin E moisturising oil (if skin is extra dry)
Vitamin E day moisturiser
Body shop SPF

Night:

oil cleanse if wearing makeup
vitamin E face wash
Differin 1x a week (slowly incorporating this, will do 1x a week for a month and then 2x a week for a month etc)
Intense moisture vitamin E moisturiser

I’ve had a couple of comments from people to say my skin looks really smooth so I’m happy about that! I’m hoping that differin will help clear up any past acne scarring/breakouts. Excited to see my skin progress through another year ^^

used to be seriously, obsessively into skincare when i was a teenager. i'm 22 now and i only use a gentle cleanser in the morning + some nights (if i'm not too tired to do it), use lip balm when i can, and a gentle moisturizer. 'bout it.
hmm i basically still do this, but i use a retinoid now + obsessively use sunscreen. i did back in 2020 too, but i guess i was too cool to mention it in this post. i think sunscreen is the one thing i've used my entire life.

name: grace
skin type: dry
skin concerns: moisture, under-eye circles, some acne
skin sensitivity: fairly sensitive to stress and environment, but I think low with products

Lately I've just been using CeraVe face wash and moisturizer am and pm, sunscreen before I leave for work, and sometimes a sea lavender chamomile sleep mask before bed (I like the way it smells), but I have a bunch of products I wanna get back into using since my skin has been bothering me lately. I never really got into a consistent routine but mostly in the am I'd use The Ordinary Squalene Cleanser, Multi-Peptide + HA Serum, Caffeine Solution under my eyes, and their moisturizer. At night between cleanser and moisturizer I'd use Timeless Coenzyme Q10 Serum and Synthe'6 Serum (I'm still not really sure what these are for) and Hadalabo hyaluronic solution after whenever I showered.

It felt like I was using too many products or just not using them in the right order, but my skin has felt pretty dull and the dark circles under my eyes in particular have been bothering me a lot so I'd like to get back into a good routine.

my skincare routine has changed a lot since i last posted !

rn my skin concerns are just breakouts, and trying to fade acne scars. i just started a new routine so hopefully i can see some results soon.

AM:
cerave foaming acne cleanser
the ordinary alpha arbutin 2% + HA serum
la roche posay toleriane double repair moisturizer + SPF

PM is basically the same, but with the ordinary glycolic acid as a toner before the serum, and the same moisturizer just w/o SPF. i just started using the toner + serum last night, but the cleanser and moisturizer have been the same for a few months now and they work really well.

Back