acne agony (discussion) thread.

forgot to share my story. but anyway, back when i was l0-l2 years old, i used to have a severe case of acne (or was it not severe?). they were all red and kept appearing all over my face and they were caused by puberty. i got made fun of and my peers called me pimple face. luckily all of the brown marks left by those puberty pimples were gone. i enjoyed acne clear skin but now they are ****ing back.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i actually just started accutane two weeks ago because reviews on it were amazing. i talked to my dermatologist about it and she started me on it. i don't have terrible skin like acne everywhere since people usually use it for that. just a lot of redness and scarring but never any like cysts or anything like that. after the 6 months i was going to ask to be put on retin a just incase there is still redness and its full of vitamin c. acne is truly a pain in the ass people sometimes can't help so kudos to all the people living with it

i have a cousin who is near her 30s and she has those which i believe is cystic acne and its all over her face the last time i saw her. she wasnt even using a foundation and concealer. kudos to her for showing her bare face like that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

acne is the world most evil thing on earth that NO ONE should deserve.

when u guys say scars, do you mean it as those pigmentation (brown spots) or those dented scars?

- - - Post Merge - - -

and i think my new sunscreen broke me out. either that or im not removing them properly.

Both, I have those weird indents on my cheeks and spots on my chin/shoulders.
Also if it is breaking you out, try to find a sunscreen thats oil free or find a foundation/BB cream with SPF in it that doesn't make you break out if possible :) Also using a gentle, oil free cleanser will get rid of all the sunscreen just in case it is breaking you out but you still choose to use it

I've suffered from acne since I was nine or ten years old. Luckily, it went away when I got older, but earlier this summer I had a huge pimple that left a gnarly red mark behind after it went away. I don't suppose anyone knows how to get rid of it?

When i was younger i had what i thought was a lot of acne too but more likely a mild case in derma's eyes (never been to one though) I was in 5th grade when i hit puberty, so i was taller than a lot of the other girls, had acne & was insecure/shy bc of it i always felt gross. I would get acne on my chest, my shoulders, even my butt ! Tmi Lol.

I also had/have a bad habit at picking at my skin and stuff. When I was younger, I would pick at them ALL. My father was evn concerned for my health/mental health, because I would do it so much. Im more controlled about it though, but still can't help popping a whitehead if i get one.. also sometimes when i get acne, it will leave a spot or dark mark on my face that will stay there for MONTHS even after it's been healed. My skin is also VERY sensitive when it comes to what I eat, if i eat one microwavable one night, I'll wake up with a whitehead somewhere the next day or even later that night. I also get zits often, like huge ones, and it seems the last few zits ivegotten in the past months have left purpleish marks on my face, one on my cheek towards my eye left a mark that stayed for like 2-3 months and I would have to cover it with makeup, and one my chin hasn't even gone away yet, and its been 3-4 months or so?
It's also hard to keep it covered with makeup, cuz the spots are so dark & slightly raised, & i try to keep my makeup layered on lightly. Also my skin gets oily in chin/cheeks/nose, and my chin is a place i rub quite a bit out of nervous habit bc i am insecure of the texture lol

For the past couple months or so i havent been getting a lot of acne though, surprisingly enough. But I also have been eating healthier/more veggies, less microwaved/greasy food. I have been using minimal acne products on my skin-- maybe throw in some of this product called "Miraclear" when something does come up, but normally all I do now is just rinse my face off with cold water or use a very gentle scrub, like with the gel bubbles. The pill might also be helping it. Actually, the other week, when I was in the shower, I put on some of this step 1 acne product we had, just to see if it would ease up any of the very light acne i had at the moment, and oh my gosh my face was so irritated and red, it burned. I don't see how that stuff can help,when i was using my mom's proactiv when i was younger it probably just made it worse..

I can relate :( acne everywhere!

when u guys say scars, do you mean it as those pigmentation (brown spots) or those dented scars?

- - - Post Merge - - -

and i think my new sunscreen broke me out. either that or im not removing them properly.

I do have some discoloration but I was referring to dented scars.

I used to suffer from severe acne breakouts and scarring that seemed to never end. Now I have clear skin (minus the one or two pimples during that time of the month). Things that worked for me:

1. Drinking only water/tea/coffee. Whenever I drink soda or energy drinks I tend to break out.
2. Eliminating animal products. This was a HUGE, HUGE help! I noticed an immediate difference. Not only in acne but in my physical appearance? I looked really bloated, and once I cut out animal products I noticed I looked less puffy but I was still the same weight.
So that's a plus.
3. Leaving it alone. I used to be a picker and would wash my face once a day. Now I only wash my face with just water every few days.
4. Apple cider vinegar. This is a recent one that's helped more with skin shiny-ness. I noticed my skin's a lot smoother and shiny.
I have heard from other friends that it helps with acne. Just a tablespoon in water once a day.

Not saying this will work for everyone, but figured I would post this in case it does help someone :)

Last edited:
I have acne ATM, since I'm like, 14. However, been applying some acne treatment, it helps out alot!
My advice? Put on treatment 3 times a day and DONT EVER TOUCH IT! Makes it worse ;-;

Last edited:
I had INSANE acne from when I was 11 to 14. Of course I got made fun of a lot, because nobody else had acne. I tried so hard to fight it. For a month straight in middle school, I had a big lesion from acne in the crevice of my chin and mouth, and people called it "dolphin herpes". [SUB]clever? middle schoolers amirite[/SUB]
Thankfully, my breakouts are so much more manageable, while the people who made fun of me have straight up pizza faces. :cool:

Back