• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Your skincare!

amemome

home garden time
Bells
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Hi!

I wanted to track my current skincare and was also curious about everyone else's! Feel free to comment, ask questions, post pictures, etc!

Here's a quick profile~

name: amemome
age range: under 40
skin type: "normal" - not too oily, not too dry
skin concerns: 1) moisture, 2) anti-aging. I notice my nose getting really dry throughout the day, but when I wake up, my nose is oily
skin sensitivity: low. most products don't break me out or cause trouble. I seem to be weak to acids though, and my skin burns really easily.
other information: sensitive to scents. I prefer neutral or slightly floral/herbal scents and strongly dislike chemical "neutral" and citrus scents.

Current Products:
- Centellian24 Madeca Cream
- Centellian24 Expert Madeca Ssok Ampoule
- Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate
- Tatcha Dewy Skin Cream
- AHC Ageless Real Eye Cream
- Round Lab Birch Juice Moisturizing Sun Cream
- ElaBAND Hydro Dot Tea Tree (acne patches)

Current Routine:
~ Morning ~

- Wash face with cold water and pat dry
- Apply either serum or oil if not feeling lazy
- Apply moisturizer
- Remove acne patches if need be
- Wear sunscreen if going outside

~ Evening ~
- Take hot shower and pat face dry
- Apply a refrigerated face mask sheet or other face mask product if need be (i.e. after a workout and my face is hot) and wait for 10-15 minutes
- Apply either serum and/or face oil
- Apply a heavy moisturizer
- Apply lip balm
- Apply eye cream maybe once or twice a week
- Use an acohol swab to take product off of my acne and then apply acne patches (if need be)

Favorite Products + Why:
PRODUCTWHY
Dr. G Black Snail CreamVery sticky texture and feels heavy on the face, which is what I prefer at night especially. Smells slightly floral and herbal. I found a similar product in Tatcha Dewy Skin Cream, though it was less sticky. Laniege is also ok, but it's also less sticky and less thick.
Kiehl's Ultra Face CreamMedium/light weight and truly neutral non-scented (not super chemical). Good as a daily base and in the morning. I use it on top of any sticky moisturizers. First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair cream is similar but definitely has a stronger "chemical neutral" smell.
Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin LiquidGood as a serum, though I don't see any extra impact in skin moisture. Smells herbal. Light, very slightly sticky.

Discontinued Use:
PRODUCTWHY
Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Transformation GelSmelled really strongly of aloe vera stored in an old gatorade container (aka not my type of smell). Finished the jar anyways.
Ole Henriksen Truth SerumSmelled too strongly of fake, sweetened orange. Not my type of smell. Retired halfway through the jar.
Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Perfecting MoisturizerToo light. Was looking for something heavier as a face cream. Retired halfway through the jar.
Kiehl's Calendula Serum-Infused Water CreamThought this would be good. It smelled like lemons immediately out of the jar, but then it started to smell kinda bad. Not sure how to describe the scent once it was on my face... maybe kind of stale? Retired this halfway through the jar.
Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid ExfoliantThis thing burned my skin and I didn't see an improvement with my acne. I've tried using just a little, washing it off after a while, and using it only once a week. No dice. I don't think it's right for me though it worked really well for my sibling. Discontinued use after 4-5 tries.
Nexcare Acne PatchesThis thing burned away a layer of skin and left the acne in tact so... obviously doesn't work for me. I have more consistent and less abrasive experiences using CosRX patches or Elaband Hydrodot patches. I've tried Nexcare several times before giving up on it as an acne solution for me. It worked for my sibling really well though! Discontinued use.

08.04.2022 (AUGUST)
- Updated products and routine (Removed FAB, Kiehl, Laniege, Dr. Jart+ products, generalized routine)

08.24.2021 (AUGUST)
- Updated products (FAB added, Centellian24 removed, Kiehl's lipbalm removed, Laniege added, Tatcha removed)
- Updated routine with new products
- Clarified acne patch routine
- Added discontinued products and note about acidic products.

03.04.2021 (MARCH)
- Updated products (First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream, Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Serum, AHC Ageless Real Eye Cream for Face removed. Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Liquid, Centellian24 Madeca Cream added.)
- Updated routine with new products.

11.29.2020 (NOVEMBER)
- Updated Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Liquid to Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Serum
- Added routine section
- Fix capitalization for consistency

11.03.2020 (NOVEMBER)
- Added tables for favorite products
- Added new section for discontinued products
- Updated current products

Last edited:
name: mika
age range: 20-24
skin type: oily, lacks hydration
skin concerns: hiyaaa acne remnants, some scarring, psoriasis/eczema (I really need to schedule with the derm about this dfkdfa)
skin sensitivity: pretty high, I break out easily, especially to oily formulas.
other information: my skin actually HATES perfumes and perfumed products, so I guess I’m on the opposite side of liking the chemical-y scents out of necessity xD

current stuff:
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream - I use this daily under sunscreen in the morning. It used to be my night cream too but, atm I’m testing
- Olay Regenerist Retinol24 - Working out quite well for me, kinda unexpected. Pricey, but might be worth it (Kiehl’s is pricey for me too xD)
- Eucerin Daily Protection Face Lotion & Sunscreen (spf30) - haven’t broken out to this one yet, gonna take that as a good sign. I actually break out a LOT to sunscreens :/
- CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Facial Cleanser - generic daily cleanser haha.
- Formula 10.0.1 Micellar Cleansing Water - Good for getting all that makeup and spf off.
I also have a stash of sheet masks... somewhere. And a pile of products I’ve tested in the past that just haven’t worked out for me, unfortunately (largely due to breakouts or worsening my sensitivities).

i love skincare 🥰 sadly my budget doesn't leave that much room for it, but i still try to have a minimal skincare routine, and i'd love to invest on a couple extra products, like a toner and serum when i can! ✨

my current routine includes 1) makeup removal), 2) cleanse with a gentle gel cleanser, 3) apply moisturizer, 4) apply sunscreen (morning, if im going out)

Extra steps: scrub twice a week, deep cleansing mask once a week, moisturizing mask when needed.

my fav products: I tried the Jowae brand recently and I'm in love with their products. I have the cleanser and the balancing moisturizer and they're just perfect for my skin. I'm very sensitive and a lot of products can cause redness and small rushes on my face, but these feel so natural and gentle! Plus, a lot of products for oily skin dry my face, but this cream is nice and thick and offers both oil control and moisture 🥰 also cruelty free brand btw!

In general though, i go for brands with 90+% natural ingredients, i don't like chemicals on my already sensitive skin >.<

Last edited:
name: aurita
age range: 25-30
skin type: normal to dry depending on season!
skin concerns: moisture & anti-aging but mostly moisture in fall/winter bc my skin barrier gets destroyed by the cold ;-;
skin sensitivity: pretty low, most things don’t break me out
other information: I’m ok with most fragrances and I don’t like heavy creams most of the time o:

current products: (most of mine are korean/japanese)
- Krave Matcha Hemp Hydrating Cleanser: for cleansing but only use at nighttime
- Hada Labo Gokujyun Premium HA Lotion: first step toner
- The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 2%: love niacinamide c:
- Cosrx Snail 92 All-in-one cream: moisturizer
- Cosrx Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Mask: overnight mask that’s pretty light
- Laneige Cream Skin Refiner: usually summer daytime moisturizer since I don’t need much in humid hot days
-Cosrx Balancium Ceramide Cream: heavier moisturizer for winter
-Etude House Mild Airy Sunprise SPF 50 Sunscreen: wear every day!!! need that spf 😎
-The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA: AHA once a week (wear sunscreen!!!)
-Stridex Red Pads: these are like so basic drugstore but works well as BHA for me c:
-Innisfree Volcanic Clay Mask: wash off clay mask once a week

favorite products + why:
-basically all my current products (minus cleanser & winter moisturizer) bc I’ve tried them & they’ve been working!
-but ultimately favorite is the Cosrx Rice Overnight Mask, it’s light but so hydrating

Products in testing:
-Krave Cleanser (from above): I’m on the lookout for a gentle cleanser so I’m trying new ones out. I tried innisfree green tea cleanser & kiehl’s cleanser but both were too stripping for me.
- Hada Labo Perfect Gel - a bit too sticky for day time but works pretty well for nightttime
-also looking out for a different winter moisturizer before the season hits >_<

Oh gosh. There are a lot of skin products being listed here, it's almost a bit overwhelming for me!

name: mayortiffany
skin type: combination - my nose and t-zone area can get quite oily, but area around my nose and chin can be very dry.
skin concerns: large pores, the oily/dry issue
skin sensitivity: I think it's quite low, but I don't try a lot of new things on my skin so I'm not entirely sure.
other information: I'm not too knowledgable about skincare so if you have any advice for me, feel free to let me know!

current products:
Clinique 3-Step program, level 2 (dry-combination):
Includes a liquid face soap (apply and wash with a silicon facial pad), clarifying lotion (apply with a cotton pad, it's more like a toner), and a lotion (apply with fingers)

Sometimes, I use face masks to relax and hold a mini spa da. I bought masks from TonyMoly and Innisfree to try out, but I'm not sure how good they are for the skin. They are comfortable though!

I’ve never had acne.
1600453959802.png

How did you never have acne?

name: mimi
age range: 19 (im not sure what this means LOL)
skin type: oily
skin concerns: 1) breakouts. i breakout so quickly due to stress or with how much i sweat 2) my picking habits. im trying to boot it, but i've got so many acne scars from picking....
skin sensitivity: average. i break out frequently to specific products, i used to use clean'n'clear facial wash and it somehow made my skin wooorse... my cousin actually made me a skincare routine to use but i dont have the money for the products currently, except for the cerave she recommended lol
other information: sensitive to scents... i hate alcohol-y scents and floral/herbal scents. i prefer something fruity or neutral or no scent at all.

current products:
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Triple Action Toner

I'd actually prefer if someone could recommend me a better toner? The toner I use currently has such a strong alcohol-y scent and it always gives me headaches >>
Or any facial creams and such ;w; I'm not too good with skin-care things, so anything helps!

Name: SillyPuppy
Age Range: 20-24
Skin Type: sensitive-mixed
Skin Concerns: moisture, anti-aging, breakouts around that time of the month, and occasional eczema (I've noticed that excessive stress can trigger it)
Skin Sensitivity: high sensitivity to environmental conditions and stress. Medium sensitivity to skin care products.
Other Information: I prefer neutral and light floral scents, if any

Current Products:
  • Vitamin E line (toner, face wash, moisturizer) from The Body Shop in the fall/winter
  • Aloe line (toner, face wash, moisturizer) from The Body Shop in the spring/summer
  • Drop of Youth from The Body Shop as well
  • Face mask sheets from The Face Shop
  • Mud face mask from Kirkland (Costco no longer sells this, sad face)
  • Cliniderm gentle protective lotion SPF 45 -- a dermatologist recommended this product to me; so good!
I'd appreciate any recommendations for an eye cream that has a good bang for the buck. :>

This seems fun so here is my routine 🙌

name: Deana
age range: 25-30
skin type: Dehydrated oily (oily but needing moisture)
skin concerns: Fading acne scars / preventing new acne + anti-aging for the future
skin sensitivity: medium/high sensitivity

current products:
Day time:
-Cerave foaming cleanser
-Sebamed clear face care gel
-Biore UV aqua rich watery essence spf 50

Night time:
-Unscented baby oil (to remove makeup and sunscreen)
-Cerave foaming cleanser (same as day time, to wash away the baby oil I cleansed with)
-Paula's choice skin recovery hydrating treatment mask (I use this as my nightly moisturizer)
-The ordinary plant based squalane oil (sometimes)
-Aquaphor (for my lips nightly and face sometimes)

I actually don't use anything that has active ingredients. I know active ingredients would really help me fade my acne scars but I haven't found any of these products that haven't caused breakouts or irritation (or they just don't work). So I am mostly working towards my skincare goal by just SUNSCREEN SUNSCREEN SUNSCREEN and avoiding all that sun that darkens up my acne scars.

Last edited:
name: pupperina
age range: 20-25
skin type: oily, some dryness.
skin concerns: acne and some scarring
skin sensitivity: low w/ products i think but i have a bad habit of touching my face and i used to break out easily from that
other information: i dont really step out of my comfort zone with skincare and makeup stuff so i tend to stick with certain products often. I had pretty bad acne in high school. I used to continuously break out in the same areas over and over and I used to have acne on my back. Things are a lot better now, especially if i keep up with skincare.

current products:
  • Neutrogena Clear Pore Acne Fighting Clay Benzoyl Peroxide Face Wash/Facial Mask
    • This is my holy grail acne face wash since high school. It's a strong product so I don't recommend using this very often if you have dry skin, as it will make it drier. I strictly only use it as a face wash and not as a mask because of how strong the product is.
  • Drunk Elephant No. 9 Jelly Cleanser
    • I got a sample from Sephora and now i really like this one lol
  • Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 90% Toner
    • Saw they have this brand now at Target and im now on my second bottle. Very refreshing and hydrating, which helps when using my acne face wash cus it dries my face out
  • LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Original
    • I have dry lips and this keeps my lips hydrated all night. I wake up with soft lips in the morning.
  • Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum Face Sunscreen SPF 42
  • Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Moisturizer
if anyone would like to recommend a good moisturizer pls lmk ty!!!

name: mimi
age range: 19 (im not sure what this means LOL)
skin type: oily
skin concerns: 1) breakouts. i breakout so quickly due to stress or with how much i sweat 2) my picking habits. im trying to boot it, but i've got so many acne scars from picking....
skin sensitivity: average. i break out frequently to specific products, i used to use clean'n'clear facial wash and it somehow made my skin wooorse... my cousin actually made me a skincare routine to use but i dont have the money for the products currently, except for the cerave she recommended lol
other information: sensitive to scents... i hate alcohol-y scents and floral/herbal scents. i prefer something fruity or neutral or no scent at all.

current products:
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Triple Action Toner

I'd actually prefer if someone could recommend me a better toner? The toner I use currently has such a strong alcohol-y scent and it always gives me headaches >>
Or any facial creams and such ;w; I'm not too good with skin-care things, so anything helps!

the cleanser and the toner are great steps, so that's good you have the basics down! i definitely recommend that you use a moisturizer after cleansing though, you may think it's not necessary for your oily skin, but it actually is very important, cause keeping your skin hydrated keeps it from producing excessive oil to make up for the moisture that the cleanser stripped away! i recommend getting a moisturizer that specifies in balancing oil production. I've used the VICHY normaderm double correction cream when my skin was oily, it did wonders for me in keeping it matt. But if your skin needs more hydration you might need a thicker cream! As for the toner, sadly i don't know much about brands cause i haven't tried toners, my budget was smol and i prioritized other products, but i've read that alcohol free toners are better for your skin. hope that helped a little ashfedfhk ;w;

and oh, for acne scars and breakouts try to look for products with Salicylic acid and Glycolic acid, salicylic cleanses pores and treats pimples and glycolic helps even skin tone! Vitamin C is also a great ingredient if you want to improve skin tone by fading scars :blush: lmao im sorry for the text i just enjoy skin care ;w;

if anyone would like to recommend a good moisturizer pls lmk ty!!!
  • Cerave PM is a cheap but good one
  • Neutrogena Hydro Water boost gel cream also fairly cheap and nice
  • Kiehl’s ultra face cream is a fav from a lot of people but it’s on the heavier side imo and more pricey
  • First aid beauty ultra repair cream is another one similar to the Kiehl’s
I use a lot of Asian products (I’m Asian so it seems to suit my skin better sometimes)
  • Cosrx Snail 92 All in One Cream - it’s gross sounding but trust me on this, it’s amazing
  • Etude House Soon Jung 2X Barrier Cream - supposed to
  • Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream - expensive but amazing
  • Belif aqua bomb cream - expensive but works well & it’s light
side note: I hope you’re not double cleansing with those two cleansers o: I also love the DE Jelly Cleanser but I couldn’t justify the price 😭

oh good lord I'm nowhere near as intense with my skin care as yall are lmao 😂
then again I've been blessed with nice skin, I've never really had an issue with acne and my skin has always been clear and free of excess oils and stuff.

I do however have a skin care routine, even if it is super small. I basically wash my fair with a general face cleanser at least once a day (before I go to bed). I don't use any moisturizers or anything, but I just recently started actually washing my face since wearing a mask all the time in school makes me face sweat a bit.

Name: Vivi
Age range: 20-24
Skin type: Dry, but oily T-zone
Skin concerns: Dryness/redness after showers. Actually my face is almost always dry in the winter months as well.
Skin sensitivity: Medium. I always used CosDNA to check the irritant column of every product I use and make sure its never >1.

I swear by this skincare routine, especially if you have sensitive/dry skin. I started my korean skincare journey in 2017. I started off with a 10-step routine, started following EuniUnni (K-skincare God) on Youtube, tweaked my routine a little bit and I haven't found a better skincare regimen than this.

Current products:

Double-cleanse:
1. Innisfree Apple Seed Cleansing Oil *Removes makeup so well and doesn't leave oily residue.
2. Rovectin Conditioning Cleanser *Great cleanser that doesn't dry out skin and leaves your face feeling fresh after cleansing step.

Toner:
3. Rovectin Activating Treatment Lotion *Toner essence combo that goes amazing with the Rovectin cleanser.

Essence:
4. I'm From Mugwort Essence *Amazing for redness and acne/breakouts. Any pimple I get literally flattens out the next day after I use this.

Serum:
5. Rovectin Aqua Activating Serum *Tackles all of my dryness concerns and I barely need to use any of this product. I just dot once on my right cheek, left cheek, and forehead before massaging the product in. Be warned it is a little pricey though ($35)

Moisturizer:
6. Dewytree Ultra Vitalizing Snail Cream *Holy grail moisturizer alert. Super light that I can use it morning and evening. Barely need to use any product and it comes in a decent size container. I bought a container last summer and still have only used 1/2 of it.

Suncream:
7. A'pieu Pure Block Natural Daily Sun Cream *Ultra light suncream for daily wear. Leaves no cast and I barely feel it. The fragrance is light and pleasant. Super cheap too (like $6 on amazon). I have considered switching to the popular Kiehl's suncream but I just can't get over how cheap the price of this product is compared to Kiehl's which is like $17.

Favorite products + why:
- I can't rave more about the Dewytree Snail Cream. I used to think the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream was a godsend for dry skin, but than I found this product and I haven't gone back. I actually have an oily T-zone but I don't ever feel like this moisturizer makes my skin oiler. It feels extremely light and you don't have to use that much product (about size of a penny/dime). Leaves skin feeling baby smooth in the morning!
- The I'm From Mugwort Essence is a gamechanger as well. I get pimples occasionally, noticeably more if I eat too much spicy/greasy food or don't drink enough water. I just dab a little of this bad boy on a cotton pad and rub/pat all over my face, especially in the area of the pimple. When I wake up the next day I can tell the pimple has calmed down and any redness is gone. Of course, I would use this with an acne treatment cream as well.
- If you couldn't tell, I love the brand Rovectin. All of their products are hypoallergenic and they use eco-friendly packaging. If I had to only pick one Rovectin product to use, it would be the Rovectin Activating Treatment Lotion. I feel like this product has done the most for me in terms of improving the quality and texture of my skin. It's a great toner + essence combo but I use it mainly as a toner.

Last edited:
Back