• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Working Christmas Day

I worked in hospitality for 3 years so worked Christmas when I was there. I work in retail now so I have Christmas Day off but still work around it. I hated working Christmas!

I hope you still manage to have a nice day regardless ❤️

Yes when I was a Nurse Aide in a Senior Care Home. That was when all stores closed for the holidays. At that time I wasn't married so it was fun spending time with seniors that didn't have family or visitors. Most of the work was done the day before to make it easier for those that worked Holidays.

i worked at gamestop, and i think i recall us being closed for christmas the two years i worked there. i might be wrong on that. i personally don't really think i'd care working on christmas or not, but i vastly prefer getting holidays off and paid. if it's an unpaid holiday, though, i wanna work.

I think the only day of the entire year my store is actually CLOSED.. is Christmas Day. We're open every day except for Christmas. So every single holiday, aside from Christmas. Which sucks, but at least I get Christmas off, lol. I'm sorry you have to work that day though ;-; I love spending time with my family and friends during the holidays, so I could never imagine working Christmas unless if they paid me a TOOON of money to do so xD

I narrowly avoided it this year. I was originally scheduled to work Christmas and New Year, plus the full week in-between.

I've never worked Christmas Day, but I have worked retail on Christmas Eve. It was awful. Pretty much exactly like -Blue- described here. Most of the people who come in that day are the ones who don't care that they're ruining your holiday.
Back when I worked those jobs I would have people cry that there wasn't a turkey for them on Thanksgiving day. Buddy, you're stupid and you aren't going to get that cooked in time.

If you waited until the last second it wasn't important enough. If you waited until the last second to buy your kid stuff and you can't find it. I guess you're saying they aren't important enough. Don't put that blame on some kid working for chump change.

I never had to work on Christmas Day. Given the field I'm in, plus the fact I often take vacation time around Christmas, I'd be surprised if I ever had to in the future.

i did when i was in uni bc i worked at a hotel part time !

i hated it a lot but out of those 4 years i managed to get home early evening so i didn't feel like i missed out too much, also it was always a rly nice atmosphere and ppl were in good moods (+ tips!!!)

I never worked on Christmas, but one time when I was with my mom for Christmas, we went to Waffle House (she doesn’t cook at all) and she was…just…complaining about everything. It was actually embarrassing how bad it was. I haven’t gone out to eat with her in years because of it.

Back