• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Working Christmas Day

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
I'm working Christmas day this year. I don't really care, but eh. Have you ever worked Christmas day? Or nah.

I just heard about work hours today, so there's nothing I can do about it. Also I'm being trained in Opera that day xD

Every job I've held so far has been closed on Xmas day so by default I have yet to work on that holiday. Same as ThanksGiving. I have worked Xmas eve thou.

While being an adult now I don't do much on the holidays, I still wouldn't want to work on them, I'll take my days off. Plus the customers would be terrible to deal with, moreso than they already are.

I find that the worst people show up on holidays. Back when I worked retail or grocery as a teen I'd have idiots tell me how I ruined their, their families, and or their kids (insert holiday here) because we were sold out of something. Keep your butt at home if you're that stupid. It's no one's fault, but your own, that you waited until the last second.

Nope, never really had to work on Christmas Day thankfully.

yes. i used to be a shift manager at a coffee place and i had to work on most major holidays. usually i got paid double for that day + no one ever showed up, and those who did usually tipped us under the counter lol. plus we would usually only be open for about 8 hours on the day of & closed by 2pm, so i still got to enjoy the day after.

I've never worked Christmas Day, but I have worked retail on Christmas Eve. It was awful. Pretty much exactly like -Blue- described here. Most of the people who come in that day are the ones who don't care that they're ruining your holiday.

I find that the worst people show up on holidays. Back when I worked retail or grocery as a teen I'd have idiots tell me how I ruined their, their families, and or their kids (insert holiday here) because we were sold out of something. Keep your butt at home if you're that stupid. It's no one's fault, but your own, that you waited until the last second.

I don't have to work on Christmas or Christmas Eve since the place I work at is closed on those days!

I've never worked Christmas day. Every job I had was closed on Christmas. Now I have done a double shift the day before Christmas when I had a cleaning job. We all agreed to do it so we could have Christmas's off since some of us had kids and others like me would rather be somewhere else other than work on a holiday lol. We did get holiday pay for the second shift which was nice.

I have and was planning on doing it again this year but due to unexpected events I'm not working it this year

I haven't had to work on Christmas yet since the store I'm at is always closed that day. They do keep some locations open, but staffing is entirely on a volunteer basis so no one is required to work that day. However, the store is open on Christmas Eve which I've worked every year, as well as Thanksgiving which I've also worked every year. We do close early on those days though so it's not all bad. We're usually pretty busy those days too which helps make it feel like time is passing more quickly.

I've never worked Christmas Day as my place of employment is closed that day. However I have worked the period between Christmas and New Year once and I hated it because I had nothing do to (my job is seasonal). So since then I always take the majority of December off which works out well as most of my co-workers like taking time off in the summer.

I've never had a job where I would be required to work on Christmas Day (thankfully). Christmas Day and Christmas Eve are really important, family-oriented days for me, so it would be a shame to have to think about work on those days! ❤️🎄 However, it's entirely possible I will be stopping by work on both of those days this year, but if I do, it will be because of my own planning and schedule choices!

I would say that kinda yes, kinda no for me. Back when I worked overnight stocking shifts, they did give us a shift off for Christmas - the shift that started on Christmas Eve (10PM Christmas Eve night to 7AM Christmas morning). But we had to come in the next night (Christmas night 10PM).

That shift on Christmas night meant that I couldn't stay up to enjoy the day with my family, and had to sleep through the majority of the day. I did not like that. But overnight shifts suck in general, and this was only one of many, many problems with working that dreadful shift. Never again, I hope.

I never have and I never will. Obviously important things like hospitals, people sadly need to work on Christmas to take care of patients but truly I feel like basically any other business should close on Christmas. People can survive one day without a Tim Hortons coffee.

No, luckily every place I have ever worked before was closed on Christmas Day. I have worked a handful of Christmas Eve’s (and Thanksgiving) though, which sucked but at least I got to go home early on those days.

first time celebrating christmas at work this year! part of the healthcare workforce so i kinda have to show up at the hospital regardless of the day :( im really sad because I miss my family and hometown a lot and the holidays are my favorite season, but there's nothing i can really do about it. though im glad my parents are coming over on the 24th - 26th just for me, so i feel loved 🥹 also on the upside I'm free on christmas eve itself so i'll make the most out of it before going to work on christmas day! maybe i'll wear some festive hat on christmas to cheer up some patients as well.

what i'm really bummed about is that i wont be able to be with my family on the new year as they need to be at home, so i might crash at my boyfriend's instead (if im not on duty on new year's eve that is).

I haven't worked Christmas day but I have worked thanksgiving at the shelter I was previously working at.

I currently work in a library, so we'll be closed for the holiday.

For many years I worked for a small business that hosted a young adult writing conference over New Year's, so while we weren't required to work on Christmas specifically, there was tons of prep work in the weeks leading up to the conference, and I often ended up working remotely for a few hours on Christmas Day just making spreadsheets, finalizing flyers, etc. I love event planning, so I typically didn't mind, since I could sneak the work in whenever it suited my schedule, and any team members who wanted to be totally unavailable for Christmas were able to do so.

I have only worked once on Christmas, and it wasn't that bad because it was really quiet in the morning but once I was leaving it got a little busier at my work. That was 6 years ago, I don't work on Christmas anymore and if I had to work on Christmas I'd find any way I could to get out of it, even if I had to say I was sick I'd totally do it since I am not sick that often. I do work Christmas Eve I think, but it won't be for a long time.

Back