• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Will the amiibo update to New Leaf entice you to pick up and trade amiibo cards ?

Will the New Leaf amiibo update entice you to buy AC amiibo cards ?

• Yes - I will start collecting some of them

Votes: 46 41.1%
  • Not really

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • I will have to think about it / Maybe

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I have already completed my AC amiibo collection

Votes: 11 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When was this announced?

Earlier this week.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I agree. Most of my favorites are disdained by ~almost~ everyone else, so this way I'll be able to get my favorites easily, without having to search high and low for them. :D

It's also easier to get those cards if you want to buy them or swap them since people are rushing for the obvious Marshall, Octopi, and Rosies of this world.

I'm torn, I have all the amiibos and a lot of the amiibo cards, but love this place's VTP and hope it doesn't turn into a ghost town. I don't know, maybe it's nothing to worry about and they'll just lower those high prices.

I went ahead and bought Amiibo cards of my final dreamies (that don't cost an arm and a leg on ebay) just in case I don't have them by the update. I would consider getting the special character cards but I want to see what they do/add to the game before I plunge down that rabbit hole.

Nope since i already have amiibo cards of all my favorite villagers already. There is no need to trade or buy more cards for me luckily.

This may be helpful for my newest town, since I'm notreally sure who I want in that town yet. And it'll give me a reason to check which Amiibo cards I have.

I'll probably collect my favorite villagers, I don't have enough money to buy all the cards although I would if I could c:

Too late, I've already completed the 400 in the 4 series, as well as all the figures. I also picked up the 3 AF ones, the 2 special Japanese ones, and even the non-working promotional European one, so yeah, I'm done done!

aww sweet! this will make getting my Owl City town faster! i already have a few eagle amiibo cards

- - - Post Merge - - -

lol that would be awesome if they could move in! they would be so cute in ACNL! i already have them

They can move in lol
The update also makes the squid sisters move into your town... They are just squirrels through.

I already have all my dreamies so I guess not, but if i hadn't yeah I go buy the cards I want. not really much use for me though

i'll probably start grabbing a pack when i see them in the stores, but i don't think i'll get too obsessed with them. they're cute though :')​

I play HHD but didn't bother with the Amiibo cards that is until I learned about the the update for NL and the mobile version. Now I am buying villager cards from my three towns and a some special characters too!

If you can just tap it on the NFC and it works, then yes of course it does. So excited for this update, especially the Callie and Marie villagers.

Not at all. I'm not very interested in this update and I need to use my money for more important things.

I'm the kind of person that dislikes change, even if it's for the better. I'm going to continue getting villagers via the trading plaza.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't really see myself doing it. Everyone keeps talking about how they think it will kill the villager trading market and everyone will just buy cards instead, but I really don't get that? Since the cards are random, wouldn't it be just as likely to find your favorite villagers as resetting for them? I guess people are planning to sell and buy cards but idk.....I guess I just feel like straight up buying villagers you like with real money kinda takes the fun out of it?

I might buy a few packs of cards though, because cards are fun. I've been thinking about maybe making a coffee table display for them or something C:

Yeah, this new update isn't going to kill the trading plaza. I'm sure many people don't have money for cards, are not interested in them or will have a hard time getting the cards they want.

Back