Mario Who do you mainly use in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?

Which group is your MK8D main in?

• Row 1 (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach)

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Row 2 (Yoshi, Toad, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, Lakitu, Toadette, King Boo)

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • Row 3 (Baby Mario/Luigi/Peach/Daisy/Rosalina, Metal Mario, Gold Mario, Pink Gold Peach)

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Row 4 (Wario, Waluigi, DK, Bowser, Dry Bones, Bowser Jr., Dry Bowser)

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Row 5 (Koopalings)

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Row 6 (Inkling Girl/Boy, Link, Villager Male/Female, Isabelle, Mii)

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • DLC Characters (Birdo, Petey Piranha, Wiggler, Kamek, Peachette, Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Pauline)

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
been a luigi main for as long as i can remember! i mostly play as him for mario kart 8 deluxe but whenever i feel like i need a change, i sometimes switch to peach, link or isabelle! it's fun making different builds for them that rely heavily on the cuteness factor and have nothing to do with stats to be honest :blush:

Take a wild guess.

Jokes aside, Male Villager is my main in MK8DX. I could write an entire essay with lore on why I liked him in the first place.

With the Wave 4 balance patch I was super happy to see the medium weights becoming meta instead of the heavies. What I didn't like was how my main wasn't a part of the Wave 4 balance patch, and it wasn't until 4 months later where he was gotten a Mini-Turbo buff like he should have had since Wave 4.

Regardless, I'm very happy that I can use him with other pro players I really wish I could with you guys btw... without feeling at a disadvantage.

I would also like to main others, yet I'm too attached to Male Villager to even think about giving up on him to giving others a chance. My Switch name is a stylized ♂Villager and my Mii is even looking to be like him for crying out loud! But I tell ya, if Pauline does make it in, I'll have two mains.

Last edited:
Daisy have been my main in all games since I could play her in Mario Kart. However since the DLC release of Birdo, I've been playing as (black, green or white) Birdo quite often too.

I used to play as King Boo but the last time I played him, was in that TBTWC and there was too many King Boo's. Too many king booboo laughs and screams. I remember there was at least four King Boos that much dominated the 1-4 spots which honestly terrifying because playing as a heavy weight against other heavy weights is just bumper car hell, lol. But then you didn't want to get knocked back to 5-8 because that's like the mosh pit of shells.
I now main as Bowser and there are times I cannot see what's in front of me which causes me to drive like an aggressive maniac or panicked bowling ball.

When I played on Wii U I usually played Lemmy and Waluigi. These days I almost always play a Mii so I can use the Kirby amiibo costume. >< Sometimes I play Yoshi just cuz he’s the best and he was my main in every previous Mario Kart.

Peach has been my most used ever since I played mario kart (wii) for the first time. What can I say, I’m a sucker for anything pink and frilly. I’ve used many other characters too, but I think I would consider Peach my main.

Last edited:
I usually use the characters in row 1 especially Peach and Daisy. I rarely use Rosalina but I picked her sometimes.

I main both of them but mostly Peach especially on older Mario Kart games since Mario kart DS (my first Mario kart game). I also go for karts with the most handling in stats on Mario kart 7 and 8 deluxe.

I’ll usually just use Isabelle, but mostly for the convenience of not having to spend time choosing/worrying that I’m taking too long! 😬 I wouldn’t mind using Toadette, Yoshi, or Inkling Girl, too. Maybe baby Daisy and Wiggler too? 😊

I don't own MK8D but I've played it, and I usually play as Toad or Yoshi since they're the ones I've used in other MK games. I really wanna try playing as Link and King Boo though, so I'd probably use them if I had my own copy.

Last edited:
me maining Rosalina is 100% a sapphic agenda I'm so sorry

Rosalina_Artwork_-_Mario_Kart_8.png

It's hard to pick one main, but the ones I mostly use are Ludwig, Wendy, Lemmy, Rosalina, Inkling Girl, and Inkling Boy ^^
Though CURRENTLY, Ludwig is my main. <333

On the Wii U I would play with Rosalina or my mii, in deluxe I've always used the pink inkling girl :) I don't play much anymore even though with the Wii U and Switch combined (mainly Wii U) I've played like 2,000 hours because getting lightning'd is so frustrating I literally rage quit last time I was playing with friends. As in I finished the race and exited the lobby.

Peach has been my main in Mario games since I was little. c: I'll play Rosalina or Dry Bones if I'm ever in the mood to change things up.

Back