do you actively use the mario pipes?

• Total voters

mouthrat

wild sprout
Bells
Famous Mushroom
Famous Mushroom
Famous Mushroom
i remember way back when all the mario items were introduced and people started using the pipes to move quickly throughout their island. personally, i think it is an awesome way to move around to more of the harder to access areas of my island that i haven't done much to yet, but i only have one back-and-forth set of pipes because i don't like how if you have any more than two it randomizes where you'll end up. too many loading screens to sit through, and sorta defeats the purpose of it being a quick way.

my thoughts aside though, i wanted to hear from you guys and see if you use them or never really got into it.

Yes I use them but only 2. Since if you use multiple the game is RNG picking which pipe it will take you. What I usually like to do is to put a pipe by my home and then put one near the secret beach were Redd is so that way I don't have to waste time running all the way up there just to see him whenever he visits.

Yep, my house is pretty far from the shops/airport, so I have a couple that go between the two for when I don't feel like taking the long route. I keep them hidden behind trees though because they don't really match the theme of my town.

Wait ! Can we actually but more than 2 pipes and it been actually fuctional ?

I have one next to the house at the top of the island and one leading to the airport for easy access. Used to have a third leading to an isolated home, but now that house is complete, I don't need to keep one there anymore.

If I ever get around to uploading my island, I'll remove them, though, since they're very out of place.

The island doesn't feel so large that I'd need to utilize the pipes for quick travel, so I've never even bothered to purchase any thus far. I might do so in the future just to see what I think of the functionality. They seem kind of bulky and unpleasant to look at though, and I wish there were customization options to change the color from the standard green. I feel like the concept seemed cooler initially than it ended up being.

I have one immediately outside of my house (behind some trees) and it goes to the Town Hall area as my house is quite a distance

I use two as well. One on the Northeast rock, and another on the Northwest rock. As much as I try to aim for realism on my island, this is my somewhat-fantasy touch to it as it beats trying to run to the other side if I'm fishing in the ocean without any bait. I haven't seen much of anyone talk about the Mario pipes, but the fact that they actually serve a purpose is very cool.

I do use them I only have one set at the moment. It is behind my house and the second one is at the very back of my island.

My house is the on the beach at the front of my island so this helps instead of having to run all the way to the top.

Wait ! Can we actually but more than 2 pipes and it been actually fuctional ?
Yes you can! Although as others have stated, you do end up in random places. When I first saw them and discovered what they were for, I was going to buy like 10 of them, haha! I was pretty new to the game and that would have been quite hard on my bank acct! I‘m glad I watched a couple of YouTube videos that explained it to me.

Anyway, I do have two and I use them on a regular basis. My house is pretty close to the hub of things….Nooks Cranny, the resident services and the airport. So I have one by Nooks Cranny and the other on the far end of the island where a couple of my villagers live. I do like to go back and forth a lot as I clean up flowers, etc. and then pop back to Nooks to sell.

I have 3 on my island mostly to help my extra player characters get around, especially the ones living far away on a cliff.
It's annoying that it picks which one you come out of at random, though. That's why I stopped at 3.

I now use a set for a special reason. I share the island with someone, and he really (really) likes to keep his part of the island...messy. Verry messy. And he rarely ever plays, couple times a year maybe.

But I didn't want to have a cute decorated island (still not achieved), and then- Bam! Big mess! Right in the middle of everything... So we compromised. He got a sizeable chunk of the island (in the very back), walled it off completely with high castle walls (no door/opening), and the only way in or out is the secret hidden pipe set or swimming.

(At one point it was possible to get in at the very back, but he was going to block that off, lol, I never checked if he did).

i use one set of pipes. one's at resident services and the second pipe is next to the secret beach. if the pipe at rezza services is closer at the time i decide to go then i'll hit it up

Main Island- I use the Pipes when I find a Villager crafting a rare DIY recipe. Place a Pipe outside their house, hop in and move the other Pipe close to the entrance. With 2nd controller it's fast playing multi and getting extra DIY and helps when my 2nd island visits for those DIY recipes.

For my 2nd Island I have a Pipe hidden behind a tree for the 3 Players that live in the back island. The other Pipe is in front of the Airport. It helps speed things up for visiting to pick up/ drop things on my main island.

They're really convenient. I have one inside both of my players' houses, and one outside so I can quickly travel into them.

Yep, I have one pair. For the most part, I have one pipe in front of my house and another between the airport and town center. Both of the shops are there as well so, it's very convenient. When I have visitors over or am trading, then I'll move the pipe by my house to the area it needs to be.

Back