• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you actively use the mario pipes?

do you actively use the mario pipes?

• Total voters
Both of my islands have two. They are usually on each side of the island to make getting back and forth easier. I move them when I am decorating the island of trying to get rid or move the extra flowers.

I don't use them and I think it's solely because of the fact that it's a Mario item ๐Ÿ˜… I wish they had a more.. Animal Crossing aesthetic version of it. I don't dislike Mario but I don't particularly care for a lot of the franchise tbh and I mainly just want to play Animal Crossing and not be thrown off by a crossover item, if that makes sense. Though I probably wouldn't mind some Pokรฉmon crossover items..

initially I used them 1-to-1 to enter/exit my shopping plaza area which was otherwise completely enclosed and inaccesible

but I've since just made a regular opening for the shopping plaza. so now the pipe in the shopping area leads to top section of my ruins area where all my rocks are. which is again, completely inaccesible otherwise

I used them for a while (just two), but the pipes stand out as unusual amongst the other surroundings of my island, so I removed them a long time ago. I'm happy to walk the long way so I don't have to look at them. ๐Ÿ˜…

I don't use it very often but I have them in locations that help with quick travel to convenient spots, especially for visitors. The first one is next to Nook's Cranny behind a sign (which is right next to the airport/townhall). It takes you to my little fishing village by the secret beach so it's an easy access to Redd.

I only use two, one close to my house at the front of my island and the other between Able Sisters and Nook's Cranny which I've both put on the second highest tier right at the back.

I have a set that I use extremely often that goes from my house to the shop/airport. I agree with others that the pipes aren't the best looking so I keep one pipe behind a tree and the other is behind Nooks Cranny itself. The pipes are definitely more for me than visitors for that reason.

i usually use two pipes i set out to get from my house to my main little diy area near the bottom of the map by the airport. my house is all the way at the top of my map (over by the secret beach in the north) and is on the highest tier. i tend to forget to keep a ladder in my inventory, but i do i have some vines set out just in case. the pipes are hand and quicker but they don't really match my island theme ๐Ÿ˜ญ i hide the pipes behind trees or placed furniture like simple panel or bookshelves. i only ever have two out so i know exactly where i'm headed each time i enter one

I set up two pipes on my island, one in my house and one near my airport. Since my house and airport are on opposite sides of my island, they've been used as a convenient way to get between the two quickly. I never worried about their aesthetics since quick travel is more important to me.

Iโ€™d like to use them to get around my island quicker, but they donโ€™t fit the aesthetic Iโ€™m going for!

Iโ€™d like to use them to get around my island quicker, but they donโ€™t fit the aesthetic Iโ€™m going for!
as others mentioned, you could try to hide them behind trees! they do stick out an awful lot though, and i can see why a lot of people are iffy about using them

Surprisingly, their appearance being directly from the Mario series has never bothered me on my island, and my pipes are in obvious spots on the Northeast and Northwest corner rocks. I had no idea what to decorate those rocks with, so I just stuck the pipes there and called it good. I use them for utility and not for appearance, and if you were to take a look around my island, you can get to almost any place without resorting to taking down fences or moving objects. The only thing you can't do is shake fruit off a few trees, but said trees are of my native fruit, so it's no big deal.

I only have 3 on my island. One at my house, one and the stores, and one towards the center of town. Most of the time, it works out, but of course there are times where I keep going to the wrong location. Therefore, I use it sometime, but I also don't mind running around as they're equally placed throughout the island, so its not much.

not really. i played around with them a bit when they were first added to the game, but thereโ€™s never been any inaccessible or hard to get to areas on my island, especially since i flattened it, so iโ€™ve never really seen a point in me using them.

i used to have one by my campsite and one by my resident services that iโ€™d use whenever i invited a camper via amiibo. my rs and campsite were kinda far away from each other, so the pipes helped me get to the campsite and then back to rs afterwards faster. but iโ€™ve since relocated my campsite to be closer to rs, so i donโ€™t need to use the pipes anymore.

I always do, whenever I'm working on a spot I need done I place one in that specific spot and place the other near my entrance so I can have Cyrus recolor the furniture I need.

I only have two so I don't rely on RNG.

I have one hidden behind my home and another hidden behind the shop. Just makes it easier to quickly sell the inevitable tat that the residents seem keen to offload on me via mail.

I'm currently working on the back part of my island and having a warp pipe go to resident services to the back part of my island is so much easier than going the long way! especially if i'm moving houses around.

Back