• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mario Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Which battle mode do you prefer?

Which battle mode do you prefer?

• Balloon Battle

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coin Runners

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Renegade Roundup (Cops and Robbers)

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Bomb Battle

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Shine Thief

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Lol, I don't battle. This is a racing game.

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
I love battle mode on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I'm wondering if there are some battlers out there, which game do you prefer? For me, I have to go with balloon battles, but renegade roundup is a close second.

I picked the bottom option only because I haven't actually tried any of the battle modes yet. Pretty ironic of me to not go do that when there's a Splatoon battle course...

Huh. I'd completely forgotten that any version of MK8 had battle mode after the Wii U version.
It took me until just a few months ago to actually get the DX version, and haven't really played it much.
So for that reason, bottom option here too. For some reason, even though I loved Mario Kart for so much of my life, 7 and 8 were just where I stopped getting as much enjoyment out of it. Maybe Deluxe will fix that.

I haven't played the battle modes all that often, but did get to sample all of them in the last MK8D session of the Gaming Station and played a bit more of Renegade Roundup in a session prior to that. I'd say Renegade Roundup is the most fun for me, though Balloon Battle is definitely a classic.

I barely touch battle mode. The last time I did it was to test and see if Male Villager got a Mini-Turbo buff when wave 5 came out. (Thankfully, he did)

I mean, my Racing VR is 69k whereas my Battle VR is at it's default, 1000.
I'm not the strongest on Battle mode anyway, granted I once in a blue moon ever think about doing it offline, so if I were in an online battle, I'd get wrecked!

i used to play battle mode when i had mario kart 7 on my 3DS and mario kart for the wii i just got a bare recognition looking at funky stadium and thwomp desert maps on the wii oml. i've not hit any battles up on my switch lite. i might check it out though??

Either Renegade Roundup or Bomb Battle. Both are just so chaotic and even hilarious if you're playing with people you know xD

Back