• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which of the new holiday backdrops is your favourite?

Which of the new holiday backdrops is your favourite?

• Gingerbread Gang

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Thparkling Thermosphere

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • I like them both equally!

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I don’t like either

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Xara

the april fool
Bells
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
Prismatic Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
IMG_5208.png
IMG_5209.png

Mine is Thparkling Thermosphere! It’s honestly one of my new favourite backdrops in general, it is so beautiful. 🤩 I didn’t buy it as I can’t justify spending 200 tbt on a backdrop right now, even a recurring one, but I might in the future if it becomes available for purchase again! I really can’t stop staring at it though, I love it sm!

What about you? Which one is your favourite? 💜

Aurora sky is one of my favourite collectables. The back drop is gorgeous and if had been permanent I would have bought it. Sadly atm 200tbt for a temporary is too much 💜

I’m not overly excited about either, but of the two, I prefer Thparkling Thermosphere.

Thparkling Thermosphere
It has nice colors. I did go ahead and buy it since it is guaranteed to show up 3 winters, but I did take time thinking about it. Alot of the time, unless I really really like the backdrop, I don't buy them and just end up using one from an advent/dust event prize because they are all temporary. But I do like the idea of backdrops you buy hiding through the year until an appointed time.
Gingerbread men are cute but they aren't one of the cookies I care for, sadly. I love seeing others make those cookies though! You can do quite a bit with them.

I guess I will be the first person to vote I love them both equally, lol.

I've always loved both making gingerbread houses when I was young and looking at photos of the aurora borealis, so these backdrops are kind of a no-brainer insta-love for me. Sadly 200 TBT is too steep for me as I'm not interested in the collectible scene anymore and don't sell collectibles that often. Kudos to the artists who designed them though! They look great.

I like Thparkling Thermosphere the best because I love seeing pictures of auroras. Sadly, the TBT price is too steep for me at the moment.

As of this writing, I am the one vote for the Gingerbread Gang backdrop on the poll so far.

I like to bake, and over the past decade or so I've become the Christmas cookie baker in my immediate family. As such, I have more affection for the Gingerbread Gang, though admittedly I've never yet tried to make actual gingerbread men and use a recipe for different ginger cookies. Maybe next year? That said, I also like how the head of the main gingerbread man lines up with our avatars, so you can have some fun with that.

As far as Thparkling Thermosphere goes, I like it too, it looks great and I can see it going well with collectible lineups. But since we're asked for preference, it just loses out for me, simple as that.

If money were no issue, I'd probably grab both of them for the future. Unfortunately, my TBT is tied up in something else and I can't even afford the Gingerbread Gang backdrop that I'd quite like. Hopefully they might return to the Shop during a future Christmas event, and hopefully I might have spare TBT at such a time.

Last edited:
Thparkling Thermosphere, hands down for me! It's so super pretty and seeing the aurora is a major dream of mine, so I love having this as my backdrop. ;v; There's a good chance other holiday backdrops might catch my eye in the future, but I like having this one ready in advance anyway! It's a great match for the kinds of aesthetics I usually go with.

Thparkling Thermosphere is probably my favorite backdrop ever! The colors are so soothing and beautiful. I also like that the mountain in the backdrop reminds me of Mt. Crumpit so it still works with my Grinchy theme.

I'm not a big fan of buying backdrops in general but I like Gingerbread Gang, it's cute.

I bought the Thparkling Thermosphere backdrop immediately, because I'm a big fan of night sky background collectibles and glowy things in general. It reminds me a lot of the Magic in the Sky backdrop we had awhile ago, which was my absolute favorite during that time period as well. 200 TBT is quite a lot, but the fact that it will become active again at some point made it worth it to me.

Back