• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Where do you put your tools?

Where do they go?

• Total voters

Zinnia.

spinning in and out of sight
Bells
Purple Violet
White Violet
Orange Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Orange Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Flimsy Watering Can
Purple Violet
White Violet
As the title says! I keep the ones I'm actively using on the left side of my pockets. The others go in my letters.

I always put tools on the top row of the inventory, but when I need to bring other things I put them in the letters! I have some tools in the storage at home and when I need them I go and get them.
(I haven't used my town as a dump for years now, years ago I left everything randomly lying around)

I've always kept them in the top row of my inventory. I like being able to have access to everything at all times even at the sacrifice of inventory space. I could never get a hang of the letters thing, I just forget about what's in there.

At the top row in this order:

Net/Fishing Rod/Shovel/Watering Can
Slingshot/Wet Suit.

I only carry the shovel in my inventory on the top left side at all times because I’m currently trying to finish my museum fossils (it’s not going so well lol) the rest of the tools are with my letters (top row) in a certain order so I can hurry up and get them out when I need them and then put them right back when i’m done.

usually my top row has my most used tools which are: shovel, watering can, fishing pole, net. I use my mail slots to hold tools i use less frequently like the axe and slingshot. i do not miss this system!

I put them along the top row! Usually in the order of fishing rod, net, shovel, and slingshot. I keep my axe and watering cans in storage unless I need them.

I like to keep them at the top row of my pockets along with my letters if I have a bunch of extra ones that I don't need at the moment

I can only vote for 2, but I've actually done 3 of these, as I noticed when I started playing again.
The thing I normally do is keep them on the top row of my pockets. However, back when I used to visit Club Tortimer, I dropped them on the ground near the dock because apparently sometimes hackers could do something that causes you to lose everything in your inventory. I kinda just left them there after noticing how nice it is to have more space, haha.
What I didn't remember is apparently at least one of my characters was keeping their tools in the storage.

Who throws tools on the ground?! Madness!
lol my golden shovel never leaves my side…

I always put them in the top row of my inventory for easy access. I could never put them in letters because you can't see what's inside. It would take forever to find the specific tool I'm wanting to use. That's too much hassle. Instead, I'll keep them at the top of my inventory.

i've always had a shovel and slingshot on the bottom right row. in two of my towns, i keep the rest of my tools in my letters, and on one, i put them in two vertical rows (one silver, one gold) on the cobblestone right outside retail. i thought they looked cute there.

i always put them on the top row and then go left from right.. i dunno, its satisfying

Back