• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which Public Works Projects Did You Settle On?

Sheando

give me the pointy animals
Bells
Purple Bunny Balloon
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Blue Bunny Balloon
Yellow Pansy
Shooting Star
Red Lily
Red Lily
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Red Pansy
Yellow Cosmos
Which of the many public works projects were central features of your favorite New Leaf town? Which ones did you actively avoid building? Did you notice any being favorites of the townspeople? Which PWPs were YOUR favorites?

Full list here: https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Public_works_project

My favorite PWPs in Feldspar were the Illuminated Arch and Illuminated Tree, the Cube Sculpture (I never understood why it wasn't more popular!), the Jungle Gym accompanied by Tire Toy seating, the Tower, the Wind Turbine, and the Fountain. I also had a bell that my villagers liked to ring. They were big fans of the campsite area, the balloon arch, the jungle gym, the tower, and all my benches.

I wasn't interested in building the Police Station, the Pyramid or Sphinx, the Drilling Rig, the Illuminated Heart, or any clocks.

My second town, Flint, had a more natural look, so I remember liking the Windmill, the Water Well, the Fire Pit, the Zen Bell, and Stonehenge, among others.

I absolutely love this thread because I recently finished my town and I have spent the last few months understanding which public works to have and which not to have, I have built them all at least once 🥲

My current public works are:

2 illuminated tree
2 log bench
2 zen streetlight
2 street lamp
Cobblestone bridge
Suspension bridge
Metal bench
Wood bench
Instrument shelter
Water well
Streetlight
Picnic blanket
Hammock
Fire pit
Outdoor chair
Hot spring
Geyser
Water pump
Fence
Wisteria trellis
Zen bell
Bus stop
Custom-design sign
Face-cutout standee
Illuminated heart
Windmill

In total they are 30 pwps (the maximum) + the Modern Police Station, Café, Campsite, and Resetti Center.

Moment of shock: do your villager ring the bell? This has never happened to me! I would scream if that happened🥹

However it was really difficult to figure out my final public works because I only have one town and the maximum for public works is 30, including bridges😭

In the end I decided to give a completely natural look to my town, but I also really love modern towns with public works like the Tower, the modern bridge, the modern streetlight, Video screen, the solar panel, the wind turbine and the Cube sculpture.
I really love the reflection of the solar panel at night.
And I also really like Cube sculpture, it is inspired by Alamo sculpture in New York(maybe many already knew it, but I know it thanks to New Leaf)

Public works that I really don't like are the drilling rig, the archway sculpture, the Chair sculpture, the Totem Pole and the SANDBOX (could they at least put something in there? It's really bad aesthetically, in my opinion obviously)

My favorite public works in general are the illuminated tree, the Tower, the tire toy for its colors(I could replace a log bench with this), pile of pipes(I just like Doraemon's park), fountain, zen streetlight, zen bell, geyser, hammock, metal bench, wisteria trellis, windmill, lighthouse.

But I really love almost all of them🥹

In particular I really love towns with archaeological sites, such as those with Sphinxes and pyramids, with the golden roses they are so beautiful to look at💕

Edit: I forgot to answer which public works my villagers prefer! Let's say they really love the metal bench... and that's it LOL I've never seen them interact with other things😭

Last edited:
I built all of the fairytale-themed public works. The rest, in hindsight, seem pretty random. They don't even really fit the "theme" of my town. I guess it made sense to me at the time. :LOL:

My town has a sort of Summer Camp vibe going on, so I have a bonfire in the center of town with four log benches around the sides of it. I wish I could turn those benches 90 degrees though, because it does look a bit awkward LOL

Some of my favorite PWPs I have in my first town are the Windmill, the Tower, Stonehenge, Picnic Blanket, Tulip Topiary, the Cube, and Wisteria Trellis... I really wanted the Zen Bridge but I never could get my villagers to suggest the dang thing and I don't like having only two bridges, so I settled for the Fairytale Bridge.

In my second town I did end up getting the Zen Bridge but didn't play enough to get the rest.. really not too fond of the way my second town looks which is kinda funny, I would have assumed my layout would be better on the second try. Oh well!

Back