• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you “path plot reset” or do you allow villagers to place their homes anywhere?

Do you “path plot reset” or do you allow villagers to place their homes anywhere?

• Path plot reset

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Let villagers live anywhere

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

Bolt

Bells
Just as the title suggests!

Do you prefer to go through the effort to path plot reset to make your town look neat, or do you prefer to let villagers randomly places their houses anywhere to make the town look natural?

I’m very curious to hear your responses!

It’s kind of hard to plot reset if villagers are moving in randomly, since you never know when they’re gonna move in.

The only times you know a villager is going to move in is if it’s the beginning of the game, or if you intentionally got that villager, somehow like adoption or Amiibo. Even then, I usually just let them place their house. I don’t feel like going through the rigmarole.

I might kick Paula out soon, though, because her house is in a really atrocious spot, she put it right right in front of a bridge, I can still cross it, but it still drives me insane.

I'm the sort who throws down the patterns all over town so that the new villager can only (hopefully) place their plot in the designated area you want them to. Years ago I adopted villagers, then after the Welcome Amiibo update, I eventually got amiibo cards for villagers I wanted to be residents, so I always know when a villager's going to be moving into a town.

I didn't always do this, but after an unplanned Jambette appeared in my main town one day and plopped her house plot atop a patch of hybrid roses, I got more strict with everything involving move-ins. I'm happier this way though, as it makes the towns look nicer. Like I have in my New Horizons island, I like designated residential areas.

I normally plot reset since I don't want any villagers that are moving in to ruin an area of my town, even though it can be very time-consuming. I usually don't mind where they move in since I placed my golden flowers next to the town square so that the house plots don't ruin them. I also planted my perfect fruit tree of apples next to a bridge where no villager can find any space to move in just to stay on the safe side.

I plot resetted so much in these months that I'm working to the aesthetic of my town 😭 Thanks to amiibo obviously 🥲
I changed the layout of the town several times because it took a while to be satisfied with everything, but I'm finally done with this hell and I'll never do it again. I did it this time because I didn't know how boring and time consuming it was, if I did a new town with a new cartridge I wouldn't do it again. I love my town and I like decorating and having things aesthetically pleasing, but I play Animal Crossings mostly because it relaxes me and the plot reset doesn't relax me at all🫠

usually at the start of the game I never did, and I liked working with where villagers placed their houses. though later on I would plot reset to ensure villagers wouldn't plant their houses in important areas.

also I still did it without amiibo, you can make a new character every day until the villager moves in

It depends for me, in my main town, I always let my villagers move wherever. Since I had already gotten all of my favorite villagers through amiibos (THE EXCITEMENT when I got Bunnie lol) I was able to truly build me town around where each villager had moved in. It actually ended up being pretty "sectional" and even at times symmetrical! I love my town and its unique due to their homes!

In my second town Rainbow however, I did A TON of plot resetting so that each of my villagers were in a line that was in rainbow order. I eventually got them in the correct spots but I stopped playing and certain ones moved away haha... I am eventually planning on doing it again though!

In the brief time I played New Leaf, I just let my villagers put their homes anywhere. I didn't really care about where they ended up tbh, since I had no desired layout or anything like that.

I did plot resetting back in the day but honestly I would do it never again! ACNH really improved this ascept.

Oh heck yes, I always did this no matter what town I had. I planned an ideal plot location in almost every spot in the towns I owned, and I had the patience to wait until the spot they got was where I wanted them to be. It was actually fun ngl.

I've never done it before. Feels like too much work for me and I was never trying to make anything perfect.
However, I am feeling tempted to eventually try it in my 3rd town since there are only 3 player characters there... (I just want to make sure they don't move in front of a bridge or something because that happened once.)

I try my best to force their moving plots, but most of the time there's some corner of my town I've missed somehow and they move in there. and sometimes they move on top of my rose field ):

I let them live anywhere. I cannot be bothered to figure out how to move them around. My town is pretty free-flowing anyway, so like, they're not really messing anything up by being in a random spot. I can't really think of a time where I've been legitimately bothered that they moved in a spot that I didn't want them to move in.

I used to plot reset, but I eventually decided that it wasn't worth it since villagers are always moving in and out without giving any notice anyways. It was also kind of an eyesore to look at all the random patterns I had on the ground to prevent them from moving there.
Now I just let them move wherever and redesign around them. I think it's more fun that way and makes my town have more of the look I'm going for with the houses being more spread out and all.

I did plot resetting even before the whole custom design thing was introduced. it was such a pain lol, being able to manually place houses is one thing I do appreciate about NH.

I let them live wherever. I'd prefer to plot reset but I just frankly don't have the time for that lol

Oh the flashbacks I just got... When I was SUPER.. super.. into New Leaf, I plot reset.
One house in particular took me about 6 hours? I recently let someone move out of my town (shocking!!!) and am okay now with wherever they decide to pick. (...it helps that when Ribbot moved out , I went crazy and depathed my town .. so it's not like the new villager can move on top of my paths..)

i didn't think i did but i loaded up nl after years and there was ugly tiles everywhere so i guess i do haha

Back