• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What's the longest you've plot reset a villager?

a few days? but i've now set a limit to 2 days lol because i just can't handle the stress

Plot resetting Marshal , 5 hours in, not even fcking close, he's moved 4 spaces away from the perfect plot once in 5 hours ugh

Besides PWP placement, has anyone picked up any additional tips on what plots prefer to do?

I just finished plot resetting right now, and before going into place, the plot set-ups relative to the spot were as follows:

1N 2E = 29 times; 2E = 6 times; 1S 2E = 9 times; 2S 2E = 3 times; 1N 1E = 12 times; 1E = 12 times; 1S 1E = 5 times; 2N = 7 times; 1N = 10 times; 1S = 11 times; 2S = 1 time; 1N 1W = 11 times; 1W = 8 times; 1S 1W = 5 times; 2S 1W = 1 time; 2W = 4 times; 1S 2W = 2 times

And this was if it went to the small area cleared for the villager, which it averaged about a fourth of the time.

So, besides PWP placement, what can I do to reel it in? Do plots prefer not to cover or go close to hybrids or trees (I'm not saying guaranteed not to cover)? Is there anything other than PWPs where I can go back to the last day played to make alterations and expect new results?

Last edited:
Ugh I forgot to block off one area and almost every dang time Ive resetted for Dotty in the past two weeks, its plotted there. Ugh I hope this ends today Ive resetted 4 hours today already

Longest for me was about 6 hours. I can do an hour before I start getting really angry, lol. I think my blood pressure would be through the roof plot resetting for more than a day! Kudos to the people who have the patience for it, it's worthwhile in the end when the villager hits that sweet spot ^_^

i think about a week for bob, yet he never ended up in the right spot when i loaded the game anyway so that was just a huge waste of my time. :l

Last edited:
I only ever plot reset to make sure my villagers don't set up on my paths or in my orchard. Though with Rudy, my last dreamie, it took about 4 hours to get him in a spot that wasn't problematic >.<

When I was plot resetting for a normal and was trying to get Fauna (I miss her D:) I was literally resetting for about 7 hours straight until I finally got her <3 then she moved out unexpectedly and I'm still attempting to cycle for her now, not TTing makes it feel like it's taking ages :(

I've never done it. I have all four characters created. Even if I didnt I don't think I would do it. As annoying as it is when houses plop down on top of flowers or paths (Stitches!!!!!) I like the randomness of my towns.

I do want it to be changed for the next game, though.

Back