• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Plot Resetting (any input appreciated)

Cheremtasy

Lost in the memories
Bells
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Lily
White Lily
I hope posting a thread for this is okay because I'd really just like to know if anyone can help out/notice something that me and my friends haven't. :'> (Especially given the timing with how the Farewell to New Leaf event just dropped, I'd love to get this resolved even if it's a matter of me taking the L on this sfkfkdk).

Anyways, I've been plot resetting all day today for hours. I've been using the method where you create a new save file to see where the villager placed their plot. I have all areas blocked off with paths/patterns except this space, however the new villager (Beau) refuses to place his plot where the last villager was. 🤔

In the first and second pictures below, the plot is either one space above or two paces above where it should be.
IMG_5714.jpg
IMG_5715.jpg

It's been literally years since I've done this so I'm wondering if something is blocking the space in front that I'm not aware of? ;; Any help/advice would be appreciated. It's especially confusing to me since the previous villager was living in the correct space prior to this. I guess it could also be the worst RNG ever, but since I've been doing this on and off all day, it's started to feel like something's blocking off that specific space for whatever reason.

I'd appreciate any kind of feedback/input since everyone I've asked so far is unsure as to what could be causing this, and I'm at a loss at this point. 😭

If you seriously need to, just adjust your 3ds clock back one day (Do the save reset trick if you want to be cautious on it) and drop paths as a house shaped and shave in some extra paths so you can ensure that your villager will be able to place their house in the ideal spot you want.

Don't worry, I did this before and it really works. If you don't want to do it that's fine, just have patience if you do.

If you seriously need to, just adjust your 3ds clock back one day (Do the save reset trick if you want to be cautious on it) and drop paths as a house shaped and shave in some extra paths so you can ensure that your villager will be able to place their house in the ideal spot you want.

Don't worry, I did this before and it really works. If you don't want to do it that's fine, just have patience if you do.
Oh I actually couldn't recall if going back a day worked or not. I'm not familiar with the save reset trick though if you don't mind explaining that? I'm just astounded if this is really rng since I've never had something take this long lol. If I can go back I'd probably erase the paths in front just in case.

Oh I actually couldn't recall if going back a day worked or not. I'm not familiar with the save reset trick though if you don't mind explaining that? I'm just astounded if this is really rng since I've never had something take this long lol. If I can go back I'd probably erase the paths in front just in case.
Save reset trick is basically plot resetting but worded different, sorry if I caused any confusion.
And it pretty much basically is RNG, but there are some spots where your plot will be placed more commonly than others.

You have no idea how long it took me for Viche's house, who I replaced Pekoe with to plot her house in the same spot as Pekoe's old house. It kept being placed in the wrong location every time, so I turned the 3ds clock back one day, adjusted the pathing and Viche's plot was in the right spot after a few attempts.

What I'm trying to say is, you won't lose your plot if you use the 3ds clock to go back a day, add more pathing and going back to the day where the plot house is happening in your town. It's been reliable to me several times, it should to you as well.

Save reset trick is basically plot resetting but worded different, sorry if I caused any confusion.
And it pretty much basically is RNG, but there are some spots where your plot will be placed more commonly than others.

You have no idea how long it took me for Viche's house, who I replaced Pekoe with to plot her house in the same spot as Pekoe's old house. It kept being placed in the wrong location every time, so I turned the 3ds clock back one day, adjusted the pathing and Viche's plot was in the right spot after a few attempts.

What I'm trying to say is, you won't lose your plot if you use the 3ds clock to go back a day, add more pathing and going back to the day where the plot house is happening in your town. It's been reliable to me several times, it should to you as well.
Oh no worries, thanks for the clarification. I thought this was something different I was unaware of for whatever reason haha. But ah I see, yeah I guess I just found it hard to believe my RNG was THIS bad because I never remembered spending this long on it.

Oh my gosh though, that sounds like a time. 😭 I'm glad to know that this happened to someone else other than me then, because I was seriously so frustrated and wondered if I had just messed up somehow. I think I'll definitely take your advice then and TT backwards a day to put down some paths. Thanks so much for sharing, I appreciate the advice. ^^

- - -

On another note, I am curious to know about any one else's experiences on this if anyone wants to share? I haven't done a plot reset in years, but I don't recall having such terrible RNG to the point where the plot just refused to go down in one of the few available locations. 😅

I think I'll definitely take your advice then and TT backwards a day to put down some paths.
Oh and by the way, I don’t mean the in-game clock, I mean the 3DS’ internal clock that you go into the settings for. Doing it in New Leaf ruins everything.

Oh and by the way, I don’t mean the in-game clock, I mean the 3DS’ internal clock that you go into the settings for. Doing it in New Leaf ruins everything.
Yeah no worries! I got it btw omg, it really was a case of super terrible RNG after all. If not for you I woulda taken the L on that and assumed something was blocking it lol. 😭 I also wouldn't have known you could TT back a day... I somehow totally forgot about that. I think I'm too conditioned to New Horizons with the auto-saving which allows you to get away with less things lol. Thanks again. :>

Back