• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What's the longest you've plot reset a villager?

a few days? but i've now set a limit to 2 days lol because i just can't handle the stress

Plot resetting Marshal , 5 hours in, not even fcking close, he's moved 4 spaces away from the perfect plot once in 5 hours ugh

Besides PWP placement, has anyone picked up any additional tips on what plots prefer to do?

I just finished plot resetting right now, and before going into place, the plot set-ups relative to the spot were as follows:

1N 2E = 29 times; 2E = 6 times; 1S 2E = 9 times; 2S 2E = 3 times; 1N 1E = 12 times; 1E = 12 times; 1S 1E = 5 times; 2N = 7 times; 1N = 10 times; 1S = 11 times; 2S = 1 time; 1N 1W = 11 times; 1W = 8 times; 1S 1W = 5 times; 2S 1W = 1 time; 2W = 4 times; 1S 2W = 2 times

And this was if it went to the small area cleared for the villager, which it averaged about a fourth of the time.

So, besides PWP placement, what can I do to reel it in? Do plots prefer not to cover or go close to hybrids or trees (I'm not saying guaranteed not to cover)? Is there anything other than PWPs where I can go back to the last day played to make alterations and expect new results?

Last edited:
Ugh I forgot to block off one area and almost every dang time Ive resetted for Dotty in the past two weeks, its plotted there. Ugh I hope this ends today Ive resetted 4 hours today already

Longest for me was about 6 hours. I can do an hour before I start getting really angry, lol. I think my blood pressure would be through the roof plot resetting for more than a day! Kudos to the people who have the patience for it, it's worthwhile in the end when the villager hits that sweet spot ^_^

i think about a week for bob, yet he never ended up in the right spot when i loaded the game anyway so that was just a huge waste of my time. :l

Last edited:
I only ever plot reset to make sure my villagers don't set up on my paths or in my orchard. Though with Rudy, my last dreamie, it took about 4 hours to get him in a spot that wasn't problematic >.<

When I was plot resetting for a normal and was trying to get Fauna (I miss her D:) I was literally resetting for about 7 hours straight until I finally got her <3 then she moved out unexpectedly and I'm still attempting to cycle for her now, not TTing makes it feel like it's taking ages :(

I've never done it. I have all four characters created. Even if I didnt I don't think I would do it. As annoying as it is when houses plop down on top of flowers or paths (Stitches!!!!!) I like the randomness of my towns.

I do want it to be changed for the next game, though.

Back