• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What's the longest you've plot reset a villager?

for all these did people block with PWPs? I'm about to plot reset Lopez.... but there is a big margin for him to move into

I've blocked off several places, but my town is huge and open so he's finding spots. Phoebe just moved out so he keeps putting his house where hers was but it's right in front of my house >< He's come close to his spot once, but was completely too far forward. The shortest amount of time plot resetting in this town was probably Rudy. It took me two tries and he was perfect.

- - - Post Merge - - -

What is plot resetting?

Plot resetting is basically if you convince a villager to move to your town either through the campsite or picking them up from someone's town on the day they're going to put down the ropes for their house plot instead of loading your actual characters you choose "create new character" and go through the train sequence. Once you get off the train and can move freely don't go see Isabelle, but walk around the town and see where they put their house. If you don't like it just quit without saving and try again. You do this until you are happy with the spot they picked and then you just create the character like normal, save then you can immediately delete the new character you made when you get back to the main menu.

My problem is with this town I have very specific spots for most of my villagers because I have pairs that I want set up. I want him to put his house right next to Poppy's and he's not biting. ><
Really, Marshal.jpg
The square behind is where I want him, he's currently on my path in front. :/

Last edited:
a week and counting, God why do uchi villagers take so long to move in the right spot XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

The shortest amount of time it took to plot reset a villager was Mint, she took 1 try, flipping perfect!

I have never plot reset. Seems like way too much work. If someone moves in on my path, I'll recreate the path around the house. It's not the end of the world.

I resetted for my camper this morning and it took 2 hours for Big Top to finally show up. Worth it though. He better not be difficult to house plot...

2 days for Francine. She just wouldn't move right next to Chrissy so I gave up. Her house is still nearby Chrissy's though.

3 and a half hours and i wasn't even picky, i just needed Ankha to get into a huge corner of town and she kept trying to kill my perfect apple orchard on the other side of town :C

3 and a half hours and i wasn't even picky, i just needed Ankha to get into a huge corner of town and she kept trying to kill my perfect apple orchard on the other side of town :C

They seem to do that. I in my main town there's not many places villagers can go because of all my landscaping and PWPs, but when I picked up Peanut 90% of the time I was plot resetting her she was just moving one space forward and one space back in the same spot when I had a perfect plot set up for her with plenty of room across town. >< She was in the middle of my paths and like 3 spaces in front of a bridge.

15 minutes? haha can someone explains to me why it takes so long for people and how can you plot reset for more than one day? don't they move in?

longest i spent was an hour. i usually dont plot reset unless the villager sets themselves on my path.
the hour was for marina though, i wanted her close to my house. she ended up moving right behind it so i said F%#@ it, i'm too impatient. so now she's right behind me. 6 days though, jeez. thats so long ;-;

longest i spent was an hour. i usually dont plot reset unless the villager sets themselves on my path.
the hour was for marina though, i wanted her close to my house. she ended up moving right behind it so i said F%#@ it, i'm too impatient. so now she's right behind me. 6 days though, jeez. thats so long ;-;
It's taking me so long because my second town is very precise. I have a very specific spot I want him in because I want him next to Poppy.

- - - Post Merge - - -

15 minutes? haha can someone explains to me why it takes so long for people and how can you plot reset for more than one day? don't they move in?

So long as you keep loading a new character they'll keep moving their plot around. Until you load an existing character they won't plot down permanently. And as I mentioned I want him in one specific spot. Curse you, OCD!

I think if I end up buying another copy I'll plot reset but more loosely. This town is mostly pairs, so I want the pairs to be next to each other and it to be all neat and pretty, but for my third town if it happens I think so long as they aren't somewhere completely stupid like in front of my house, town hall or any major building I'll be okay.

I don't think I've ever taken longer than a couple hours for a single villagers house. I usually just settle as I like my town a bit random, and my horse town had so many pwp it was never an issue.

But I did spend 8 hours straight, on a guaranteed move in day, waiting for a villager I liked to come up in a decent spot, and ended up with Julian. I only had the patience for that though because of extreme flight delays and I had nothing else to do at the airport.

Back