• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's something strange that makes you happy?

I love cleaning jobs. Cleaning jobs make me happy. All of the compliments I get from everyone does help. I love watching anything related to hockey as well. It’s not weird, but it’s an interest of mine.

Little empty spaces. They make me happy.

For instance, empty boxes. They can be metal or wood. As long as they look good to me, they make me happy to see them. They don't have to come empty. They could been containers of cookies or chocolate. Mega bonus points for being small and hand-crafted. I tend to collect them.

Also, empty drawers. Especially chests of drawers. Doesn't matter if they are desk stationery organizers or hefty antique-looking wooden chests of little drawers. I love them. I can't walk past one in a store without stopping to look and admire.

Sometimes I wonder what it says of my psychological well-being to love empty boxes and drawers as much as I do. 😅

I'm not generally much of a history person, but I love silly historical anecdotes, especially of the "petty historical drama" variety. There's something very personal about a lot of them, and it's funny to think about how some of the most ridiculous things get preserved for literal centuries. It's kind of reassuring in a way too? Like, "oh, good, humans have always been like this", ahahaha.
A personal (not petty drama related) favorite of mine is that Charles Darwin, in a desperate effort to catch three rare beetles at once, tried to gently hold a bombardier beetle in his mouth so his hands would be free for the other two. It... went about as well as you'd expect.

I'm not generally much of a history person, but I love silly historical anecdotes, especially of the "petty historical drama" variety. There's something very personal about a lot of them, and it's funny to think about how some of the most ridiculous things get preserved for literal centuries. It's kind of reassuring in a way too? Like, "oh, good, humans have always been like this", ahahaha.
A personal (not petty drama related) favorite of mine is that Charles Darwin, in a desperate effort to catch three rare beetles at once, tried to gently hold a bombardier beetle in his mouth so his hands would be free for the other two. It... went about as well as you'd expect.
bruh his mouth????? mans was fighting for his life

seeing tiny versions of things that are normally large. even if the item isnt normally considered cute, like a garbage can, a tiny desk version of garbage can would make me really happy
1637197885243.jpeg

I like standing/walking/dancing in the rain. Pretty weird I guess but I love it. Its always peaceful for me and helps me unwind sometimes.

I love jumping in puddles and running in the rain, also getting my shoes and socks wet. it's childish but it's a lot of fun, though I kind of need to plan it because I can't walk around all day with wet shoes and socks. perhaps I should buy gumboots.

I also love collecting random little things. knick knacks and such. the other day I saw a cute little weighted metal duck in the store and was tempted to buy it, but I try to collect free stuff or especially cheap stuff- I love snatching a pointless bargain lol

I always feel giddy when there’s heavy rain or thunderstorms when I’m about to go to bed. It’s super relaxing for me. Idk when that happened, I was terrified of it as a child and now nothing puts me to sleep faster.

I love empty, flawless notebooks. I have a hard time writing anything in a new notebook because it loses it’s appeal to me straight away. It’s so stupid because the whole point pf a notebook or journal is to write in them. I have many empty ones, and some with only the first few pages filled because I lost interest ;-;

I always feel giddy when there’s heavy rain or thunderstorms when I’m about to go to bed. It’s super relaxing for me. Idk when that happened, I was terrified of it as a child and now nothing puts me to sleep faster.

I love empty, flawless notebooks. I have a hard time writing anything in a new notebook because it loses it’s appeal to me straight away. It’s so stupid because the whole point pf a notebook or journal is to write in them. I have many empty ones, and some with only the first few pages filled because I lost interest ;-;
I totally relate to this! I have so many gorgeous journals I've collected from bargain shops, and I dream about the stories I'll write in them, but I never get very far. We should take a book binding class together and make some of our own notebooks, lol.

a whole bunch of weird **** makes me happy.
  • Watching/listening to the same videos, songs, favorite TV shows & episodes a bajillion times a day.
  • Translating stuff from English to horribly poor Spanish.
  • Whenever it blizzards over here, I like to sit by the window and watch people trudge through the snowdrifts. I like to think that they're struggling in a cold, lonely world......
  • Sneaking a bite out of my spouse's food. Food tastes better when it belongs to someone else. The look he gives me is endearing, it's one of our little things 💕
  • When playing a game, if there's an option to skip dialogue, I find it hilarious when their voices get cut off.
  • Speaking of voices, listening to the painful grunt/scream of video game characters (fighting games, etc.)
  • Making my video game character aimlessly run around in circles/watching my spouse make his video game character aimlessly run around in circles.
  • Repetition & patterns. If you break my pattern I will hate you aka my job
  • When others get mad. I like life a whole lot more when it's chaotic.
  • Swearing & when others swear.
  • Peeling skin, scabs, etc.
  • When animals, pets are being silly 💖
  • When the unsavory are met with comeuppance
  • When customers act like an irl Patrick Star
  • other stupid ****

Uh, pretty much nothing… lol. What makes me happy are usually all the common things that make others happy. I’m basic.

these small square pieces of fabric that the fabric store sells. They are called fat quarters/fat flats. IDK why but I just love browsing through all the different patterns and then buying like 10 of them and then never using them for months and months but I love them
Post automatically merged:

p.s. OP if you like 80s/90s commercials might I recommend the youtuber Brutalmoose, particularly his mystery tape series! He finds these old unlabelled VHS tapes and specifically looks for commercials like these!

Back