• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's something strange that makes you happy?

The sound of footsteps on a hard floor in a game like animal crossing. I have been told that is strange or even creepy. I don't know. Maybe it is because in real life I normally don't notice it unless I'm are alone or wearing fancy shoes rare.
I guess there is just a peace about it. I hope that doesn't seem so creepy now if you thought it was before finishing my post lol.

Hamsters. Going into a pet store and seeing hamsters is just awesome. They are so cute.

Blankets. Soft clothing like fleece pjs. Dark Gray Skies and that wind before a storm.

I like when I’m practicing art and I make something completely different from what I had in mind. Like putting a line in a face incorrectly and a serene character is suddenly worried. I’ll often leave it in because it’s funnier and tells a better story.

err, clothes ? it's an incredibly materialistic thing to enjoy, but discovering my style and my love for expensive fashion got me through some bad stuff, & aided me in my desire for self love

Sharks! Watching sharks glide through the water makes me feel so peaceful and happy, especially deep sea sharks.

Also, the sound of Chucky's footsteps in the Child's Play movies when he's running around. There's something so adorable about the pitter-patter of his footsteps and how they contrast with the atmosphere of the horror movie. I love it!

I'm not sure if it counts as strange. But I really like feeding animals, esp out of my hand when they are gentle. It makes me smile.

I was tryin to give a dog at work some food he left on the ground and put it in the palm of my hand. He was so gentle and polite with it. He couldn't eat it thou, prob the texture of the food was off-putting. Still, super cute to see him try, esp with a fuzzy muzzle.

Recently my nephew and I have gotten into watching marble race videos.

At first I would put on those type of Youtube videos because it could keep him still for a few minutes. Now I find them oddly fascinating as well.

Old PSA videos. They're creepy but quite amusing to look back on how terrified I was of them.

Childhood commercials. They bring me back, they have compilations on youtube I would use as background noise now and then.

And old couples holding hands. So precious.
Post automatically merged:

Recently my nephew and I have gotten into watching marble race videos.

At first I would put on those type of Youtube videos because it could keep him still for a few minutes. Now I find them oddly fascinating as well.

Yesss, I love those too! Especially the really long outdoor ones.

For some reason sitting or lying on the floor feels so nice and comfortable, especially a corner.

I try to be careful when doing it around people though, I have scared or concerned WAY too many people lol

Messing with divergent series for fun like blackpenredpen did here:
, it feels,like the mathematical equivalent of messing with game genie codes for fun.
also I suppose u could consider my line of art to be like this too, that being drawing using my knowledge of math, hell my whole avatar was made that way.

Doing upkeep on my little arachnid zoo! I love to spend a ton of time just cleaning and doing general maintenance on my enclosures, watching my little scuttlers roam about! It is second only to getting snake cuddles-

c8o9E5j.jpeg

Rain. Now, I am aware that may not seem like a very strange thing as "pluviophiles" are an actual thing, but nearly everyone I know in the real world despises the rain and typically always complain about it when it comes pouring down (hoping that the rain would go away as soon as possible so the sun can come out and shine happily ever after). While I can definitely understand why some might despise the rain when it's in "extreme" conditions or quantities (such as monsoons and floods), I don't see what's so harmful or aggravating about it when it's just in regular amounts. I just personally find the rain to be soothing and it also happens to instantly lift my mood up (even when it's raining hard). I not only like to watch and listen to the rain from indoors, but I also like to go outside and engage with it sometimes (just as long as the temperature isn't too cold. I don't mind getting a little wet though).

Another seemingly strange thing that lifts my spirits up is heavy/extreme/dark/noisy/angry/depressing music (°‿°)

There's some indescribable feeling of happiness I get from the feeling and sound of the wind during the warmer seasons. It just makes me really feel at peace. I also feel happy in some eerie environments. To me it feels like I'm in a story and it's immersive. It's just another thing I have a hard time describing.

The sound of a passing train not far away. I live only a few houses away from train tracks and trains pass by every few minutes. Everyone else in my family is incredibly annoyed with it, but I love the sound and I love watching it pass by.

It’s weirdly soothing to me to know that there are people on there, heading somewhere, maybe going home or on a journey. Makes me feel less significant, in a good way. In summer I keep the windows open at all times so I can hear it. Sometimes it sounds like an eerie mechanical scream and it makes me think of the train as a living creature 😅 maybe that sounds unhinged to some. I was just reading this thread and a train came by so I thought it’s a good opportunity to write that down.

I used to love old school key boards that made a click noise with every key you pressed. It was satisfying when I was a kid but those are long gone.

Another one is rubbing my face on my rabbit's face. It sounds weird but he is really soft with a beard and long hair and it soothes my anxiety. He doesn't mind and I always make sure to go with the hair grain, not against it or else his hair would be tangled lmao.

• Soft things, like my blankets and pajama pants. It feels really nice and sometimes I rub my face on them when I'm trying to sleep.
  • Since I moved my bed in the middle of the room again, I like to somersaults on them. I rarely ever fall or get hurt from this, ironically. I usually do this when I'm bored or thinking.
  • Reading things and labels on food packages and shampoo bottles.
  • Hearing the grunts and screams (or voice clips, so it doesn't sound as bad) of video game characters, especially Link from The Legend of Zelda. He sounds so fricking ridiculous, sometimes I purposely fall off a cliff just to hear him scream. (I sorta stopped doing this in TP, because I found out when I jumped off the bridge in the starting area with low hearts, I would hear Link's agonizing scream in full without the falling SFX, and it sorta creeped me out.)
  • The smell of paper, I used to smell paper money a lot, which always smelled a little metallic to me. And also books, both old and new, they smell good regardless.
  • Looking at the animals in a pet store, I've always been so fascinated and gushed constantly about how cute the hamsters are and how cool the fish are.

Back