• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What will you do when ACNH arrives?

I'm gonna feel gutted to be honest, but I'll still play New Leaf though not as much. Probably just to prevent my villagers from moving and that's it.

i dont understand...why do you have to stop playing your NL town just because a new game came out? thats silly and i dont get how theyre mutually exclusive lol. ill still be playing my NL game

Yeah I'm confused. Also I'll still play NL mostly because I can't get New Horizons until at least next year. But even then I will most likely will still play New Leaf.

For 3 straight years I played ACNL every single day. Then burn out set in, now I only check in from time to time. I don?t want the same thing to happen with ACNH. My plan is to limit my gameplay, which I hope will extend the love for ACNH.

i got rid of my copies of new leaf a while back so i won’t have to worry about that but i did get back into pocket camp recently which i’ll likely abandon once new horizons comes out

I'll play that. I might not go back to New Leaf or I might decide to do amiibo shenanagains just in New Leaf. I haven't decided. I only picked my 3DS back up recently to tide myself over until New Horizons comes out. But, I probably won't have the time and energy to take care of two towns at once, so I'll probably just stick with New Horizons.

honestly i have no clue! i was thinking about starting a town on the 19th so i could see how much i could get done in my town in a month, but i was just gonna abandon it afterwards. now i kind of want to start a town on the day new leaf released, but if acnh has more freedom than acnl (and it looks like it will) i may just not play it anymore. acnl was really fun when i played my first town and i had no expectations about how it was supposed to look (i didn't even know about hybrid flowers!), but when i started getting into the acnl community on tumblr i learned so many things about the game and then i had so many things to do but also as many limitations. i imagine i'll come back to it for memory's sake or if i want a little more challenge with decorating, but acnh is truly shaping up to be everything i would like in an animal crossing game.

I'll likely retire New Leaf to the shelf and go back to visit from time to time, like I did all my other AC towns.

Last edited:
I haven't played New Leaf in over 2 years, so yeah. My problem is that my DS' hinge is broken and there's no reason for me to send it into repair. Technically I can play it, but it's no fun like this. And I was definitely burned out of New Leaf.

After New Leaf I couldn't play Wild World anymore, and personally I believe with New Horizons I don't think I could enjoy New Leaf anymore. Unless New Horizons does a lot of things wrong and isn't fun, but I doubt that.

I'll most likely wrap up my 3DS/main town and put it in storage with my DS Lite/WW Town. My second 3ds and town I'll probably keep around because I can see myself still messing around with it tbh.

While I think I'll have most my attention to New Horizons, I do anticipate getting rich on bells and obtaining items to be slower than my experience with New Leaf. I could be wrong considering the community here but I wouldn't really think bell selling is going to be big immediately.
So, I think having my second New Leaf copy still to go back to and continue to work on with all the bells and items at my disposal will still be something nice at times. Plus, with how long we had New Leaf, I don't see any need to rush New Horizon to where it would hurt to go back to New Leaf on/off.

:) That said, I could see getting spoiled by the graphics in Horizons so in that case I'll just store both 3DS/copies of the game. PP made a good point about how previous games were hard to return to and I think that's true especially when it came to the advancements in the graphics and play movements. That said, I think New Leaf is still pretty solid but we'll see.

Last edited:
I will buy ?Animal Crossing: New Horizons? the date is released here in the United States.

I am going to find out.

I am thinking I will continue to play ?Animal Crossing: New Leaf? because of my personal use?being creative?with how I handle the towns.

I do not expect to get into ?New Horizons? and deeply as I did ?New Leaf.?

I'm pretty much going to abandon my 6 NL towns, like I did with my GC town, WW town (I'm playing it right now along with NL while I wait for the new game, but I'm going to leave it again.) and CF town.

But, I might visit them every once in a while.

Last edited:
I barely play as it is. I am sure in a few years I will return to new leaf like I do the other animal crossing games.

I'm going to grab my copy as soon as the shops open up and spend a long day just getting to know my island :)

My 3DS died early last year so I haven't been able to use New Leaf to get my Animal Crossing fix for some time now, and with over 400 hours into it I'm sure it would've had diminishing returns anyway. Soo I'm going to definitely be spending obscene amounts of time getting hooked to New Horizons in the first few weeks.

I will still play NewLeaf, but I will be more active on NewHorizons.

I don't think I'll be playing New Leaf at all once I manage to buy New Horizons. As it is, I got burned out and bored of playing it and I'm giving it a long break. Maybe someday I'll go back to New Leaf and finish constructing my town and possibly develop some nostalgic feelings towards it, but it's too soon to say whether I miss it or not. I'm looking foward to playing New Horizons, though maybe not too soon, since I know how demanding Animal Crossing can be. I'm loving all the new features being announced and the clean and colorful graphics.

I'm already done with New Leaf for months now and abandoned both the game and DS, so the next step for me is giving New Horizons all my attention. Looking back, I got bored from NL, as there was nothing to do anymore for me.

I don't even play NL anymore like forever xD So pouring all my time into NH!

Now that we know more about New Horizons, I don't think I will go back and play New Leaf once it comes out. I'm even starting to have a new time playing it now because of some limitations that it does have. But, knowing that, I am still playing it every day even if it is just to put in the last of my PWPs and try to grow more flowers to decorate the town with.

I'll be shifting my focus over to New Horizons entirely--I've still (mostly) been playing New Leaf every day, except for some stretches where it wasn't possible. But I won't have time to do both. So while I'll still check in sometimes (like I occasionally do with Wild World), it will be very scaled back.

Back