• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What will you do when ACNH arrives?

I quit NL a while ago. I don't see a need to play it anymore, I did everything I wanted and it would take time out of other things.

maybe send a couple goodbye letters to my favorite villagers like a simp

I've been pretty bored of NL at the minute so I'll be quite happy to say goodbye.

I'll be keeping it around for nostalgic purposes but other than that I probably won't be checking in with it much!

not sure ill even get it because I dont really enjoy how big our original switch is, we got the switch lite for my daughter but it has a nice size so maybe ill get the game for that but it seems that it is going to be similar to how the phone version is or how Happy Home Maker is and I dont enjoy either of those.

I'll probably be playing acnl a lot less just bc im already kinda tired of it.

As I've said in related threads, I'm going to still play New Leaf! NH will be shared with other members of my family and I won't necessarily be able to play it each time that I want. I used to still play the OG Gamecube version until my dog chewed up the AV cords up. I need to replace them, but I'll continue to play NL because I like it. I still played WW when CF came out because I wasn't a fan of CF (not much of a fan of WW, but I didn't have a Gamecube at the time).

Play new horizons......? i quit new leaf a while back before i got my switch. 3ds who?

I just started up a new town in January in new leaf, I play it daily and me and my long distance fianc? play it together so I don't think I will be leaving it behind anytime soon. I do plan to start new horizons as soon as possible during my next trip with him, and I will likely spend more time on new horizon then.

L e t m e t e l l y o u

I'm redesigning my ACNL town completely before the 20th, and then right when I'm done and before New Horizons comes out, I'll be doing the whole denying a villager leaving and then closing my game to keep anyone from moving away, and not touching the town again until I get nostalgic enough to play it again.

I'm probably going to do a DA update for Duskfall shortly before or after NH releases and after that, play now and then to check in. I'll probably slowly focus more and more on NH until I'm rarely playing NL.

I’ve already stopped playing New Leaf actively due to time restrains and having no one around me playing, but I still love to check on it once in a while!! I will likely keep that tradition even when New Horizons comes out.

I will keep my village and visit it like I do now. Poor Isabelle will have a hard time to rush from my village to my new island and back again, hehe. But I can't give my village up, it means too much for me, especially what I experienced so far and especially with all my dear villagers. But what I can say for sure, is that I will not take them with me to the island. That would be boring. But, I still have some villagers I would love to see on the island, which are not in my village.

I'll keep playing New Leaf because I don't have a switch lol. And my town isn't finished yet so I'll be busy with it for a while. Gets me kinda sad that a lot of people will probably stop playing NL tho

I'll probably drop NL. It's time to say goodbye, I will lose interest once the new game comes out. I don't feel like keeping up with two towns so I'll focus on the island completely. It's the first time I play an AC game right when it comes out so I'm excited to share this experience with the whole community.

There was a time that it would have been difficult for me to let go of my New Leaf town, but about two years ago my youngest child took an interest in Animal Crossing and wanted to play like her older siblings.

So, rather then buying a new 3ds/2ds this late in the game I simply said goodbye to all my villagers, broke the bad news to Isabelle, and passed on the Mayoral reigns to my kiddo.

So now when ACNH comes out we all have our own switch lite, and my youngest is older now and has a better grasp of video games and is ready and eager to be included in all of our island shenanigans from day 1.

As far as I can tell my kids are all retiring from NL on the 20th.

Just wanna add more stuffs in my previous post here...

When ACNH arrives, i will immediately start recording the gameplay of me playing it and share it to my gaming channel on YT weekly so everyone can see how i develop my so-called dynamic island

Also several weeks after the release, i'm gonna make the fan animation of it

I kinda fell out of playing my NL town last year, after getting frustrated that I wasn?t able to design it the way I wanted. I struggled to put PWPs where I wanted and I couldn?t decide on a nice path or flower type / colour. I feel guilty that I?ve not been on for a while but I also feel like I?m not gonna go on when I have NH anyway. I?ll always love NL was what it did for the AC brand but I?m hoping that NH will fix its faults and just make playing the game so much more brilliant.

i already stopped playing new leaf regularly years ago, now i only ever play in any of my towns when i feel a sudden urge to play, which is hardly ever. so i will only be playing new horizons, no doubt.

I'll continue to play New Leaf, City Folk and Wild World as i still need to upgrade my House and the Shops. otherwise, i'm mostly gonna play New Horizons on launch and onward. :D

Last edited:
Back