• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What was your favourite cartoon as a kid?

Magic Roundabout
Spongebob
Fairly Odd Parents
Ed Edd n Eddy
Hey Arnold
Powerpuff girls
Dexters Laboratory and many more

First ones that came to mind were the simpsons and Pokemon but looking through this thread there are so many that I used to love - scooby doo, arthur, dragon ball z, ed edd and eddy, tmnt, so much nostalgia might have to rewatch one of them

sailor moon for sure (I still love it). there’s more but too much thinking for right now lol.

my favourites were def hey arnold, miffy, recess, powerpuff girls, spongebob and pokemon.
i still watch all of these regularly sometimes!

H.R. Pufnstuf
Lidsville
The Bugs Bunny Show
Jonny Quest
The Jetsons
The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show
Heckle and Jeckle
Underdog

My top two favorite cartoons as a kid were The Powerpuff Girls and Pokémon: Indigo League! I was obsessed with both of them. I remember wanting to work on the PPG show and asking my mom if she thought Craig McCracken would help me out with the animation side of it lmao. (I didn't grow up to be an animator).

Blues Clues and The Big Comfy Couch when I was a toddler.

Pokemon, Hamtaro, Ruby Gloom, Spongebob, Sonic X, Digimon, and Scooby-Doo were the main ones I liked as a kid/preteen.

When I was a toddler: Barney the dinosaur, Lamb Chop's Play-Along (Which I heard is somewhat consider lost media now.:eek:), Arthur, Reading Rainbow, The Magic School Bus (original one) and Wishbone. These are all the ones that could remember.

I didn't have cable TV early in my childhood, so I didn't see shows on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network until 1998 or 1999(?).
Favorite shows: 101 Dalmatians the series (seen before I had cable), South Park (yeah, I seen this when I was little lol), Rugrats, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter Lab, Ren & Stimpy (old one, not the gross one), Hey Arnold, Hamtaro, Salior Moon and Pokemon.

Other: The Little Mermaid movie was my all time favorites, according to my mom..I would not stop watching it; This was around when I was 3 or 4 years old.

Edited: I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT SPONGEBOB AND SCOOBY!

Last edited:
I've watched a ton of shows and cartoons in my life, so it's hard to name a favorite from when I was a kid. But I specifically remember really liking Octonauts and Paw Patrol as a toddler.

I wasn't picky when it came to cartoons, so I watched pretty much whatever was available at the given time. A few I especially enjoyed were Fairly OddParents, Spliced!, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, among others.

I am pretty sure little me got her love for anything gothic when I watched The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy for the first time .....
I was obsessed with that show🖤

Definitely Pokémon. I started watching it when I was like 5 years old around 1999, and it turned me into a lifelong Pokémon fan , it’s such an amazing series and company , the games, the merchandise, the show, I love all of it so much even still at almost 30 years old. I never would have guessed when I was a kid that Pokémon would be such a big thing still all these years later but it’s still going strong and I’m really happy about that 🙂

i watched a lot of tv as a child/pre-teen and it would take me forever to list everything out, but i will try my best i guess!

child: the aristocats was my all time favourite disney movie but for shows: big comfy couch (not a cartoon i know but i was pretty obsessed), arthur, blues clues, bear in the big blue house, a bunch of disney movie tv spin offs (little mermaid, aladdin, hercules etc) looney tunes, really old school cartoon shorts we had on vhs (had things like little lulu and little audrey), jetsons/flintstones, random straight to vhs/dvd movies that felt like a fever dream or like i almost imagined them
when i got a bit older: tokyo mew mew, cardcaptors, pokemon, medabots, winx club, bratz, spongebob, fairly odd parents, teenage mutant ninja turtles, sailor moon, hamtaro, spider riders, and of course! digimon :lemon:

there are a ton of things i've left out but these all came to mind :blush:

Rugrats & anime type cartoon was Dragonball and Dragon ball z.

There were quite a few, so I'll list some that come to mind:
  • Extreme Dinosaurs
  • Beast Wars: Transformers (only season one)
  • Pocket Dragon Adventures
  • The Smurfs
  • Dexter's Laboratory
  • Pokémon
  • Digimon
  • Gummi Bears
  • Animaniacs
  • Tiny Toon Adventures
  • Goof Troop
  • Tom & Jerry
  • Taz-Mania
  • Ed, Edd n Eddy
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (only the one that aired in the 90s)
Yu Yu Hakusho
One of the most underrated anime shows out there. I think it's the only one I ever watched from start to finish, even though it never aired in the UK as far as I'm aware.

Ojamajo Doremi for me. I loved it so much that I spent my first years on the internet looking at the merch I could never own, fanart, and fun facts about characters that would only appear in seasons not yet released on TV.
I still love it very much to this day, this anime is part of my core identity.

I have watched Sesame Street, Dora the Explorer, Teletubbies, Barney and Friends, SpongeBob SquarePants, and The Backyardigans when I was a toddler.

My favorite shows as a kid were Blue's Clues, Oobi, Little Bill, Little Bear, Ni Hao, Kai-Lan, Phineas and Ferb, Franklin, and Maggie and the Ferocious Beast.

My most favorite childhood show is this old obscure cartoon that aired in 2006, called Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!
I loved that show so much, I was so disappointed when the show got cancelled in 2010 and went off the air in 2014.

Powerpuff Girls was my favorite, but I also liked many of the other Cartoon Network shows back then.

Back