• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What was your favourite cartoon as a kid?

I seem to remember watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with my brothers, also the XMen cartoons. I also loved Gummi Bears, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers. And DuckTales (I loved the reboot too!). I didn't have the Disney channel but I remember I would go to my friend's houses to watch cartoons!

Hmm before the age of 5, Hi-5 and the Wiggles were some of my favourites, but I do remember watching others I enjoyed.
6-10 I was really into Pokémon, I remember waking myself up at like 6am to watch it because that was the only time it was on TV. I also got into Fairy Tail at around 9ish lol? A friend kept giving me USBs at school with episodes on it 😂 I also like Hannah Montana lol There were a bunch of other shows on TV I liked but none I really got obsessed with.
Around 11 I found One Piece and that has been my show obsession ever since. Also got back into Boohbah, which creeped me out as a kid but I really liked as I got older hahAH.

Codename: Kids Next Door is the first cartoon I remember watching as a kid.

Off the top of my head, I loved cartoons such as Arthur, The Simpsons, Futurama, The Flintstones, and The Jetsons as a kid. I don't really know if I had a favorite between them, lol.

I loved a lot shows on Cartoon Network such as Scooby Doo. I remember that I liked the older cartoons more than the new ones that came out but I also liked Dexters Lab and Samurai Jack. I also got interested in anime at a younger age so DB, Yu-yu Hakusho, Inuyasha are just a few that I liked.

I think scooby doo I loved scooby doo a lot
I remember watching the movie and having the video game too
Man I miss watching it as a kid

5 and under was Barney and The Simpsons, sesame street, sailor moon and that's all I can remember.

Older was The Simpsons still, pokemon, Arthur, Cyberspace and that's all I can remember.
We had basic TV, so after alot of the cartoons left for cable, all that there was, was pbs.

Clifford the big red dog, the big comfy couch, scooby doo, blues clues (the original with Steve). I know there’s more than that but that’s what was at the top of my head.

I liked a lot 😭
spongebob, teen titans, DBZ, invader zim, my life as a teenage robot, maisy etc

The backyardigans LMAO

also SpongeBob, chowder, my life as a teenage robot (huge crush on the bee queen) and codename: kids next door. Code lyoko as well but I remember nothing about that show.

I had alot of favorites when I was younger, I really liked Backyardigans, Blues Clues, when I was really little

But when I was ilder it was Kid vs Cat, 6teen, Pokemon, snd The Loonatics were my number ones. Though I did have many others I enjoyed too!

i actually preferred live-action shows when i was a kid, but atomic betty was always my favourite cartoon! i think it was mostly popular in canada, which is a shame since it was such a good show, and it deserved to be more popular! i would literally stay up until 5am just to watch episodes of it on the cartoon network (formerly teletoon), that’s how much i loved it 🤣 though, even though the show was called atomic betty, sparky and x-5 were always the stars of the show for me ♥️

I watched Pokémon a ton when I was a kid. Some cartoons I got into when I was older and (way) outside of the age demographic were 6teen and Hey Arnold. I don't think I watched much television when I was a kid because all I'd do was sleep and play video games. I hated school, being bullied by disrespectful children and all. I had no motivation to do much else.

I made a top 5 favourite show list when I was a kid, and they were all cartoons, so I guess I'll post that 😆

1. Pokémon
2. Digimon
3. Powerpuff Girls
4. Dragon Ball Z (It's DBZ's fault I've always said "Zee" like an American)
5. Sailor Moon

There were so, so, so much more that I also loved though! I was obsessed with cartoons- kinda still am 😅

Here are some of my favorite cartoon shows from my childhood and early teens:

- Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
- Beavis and Butthead
- CatDog
- Courage the Cowardly Dog
- Dexter's Laboratory
- Ed, Edd n Eddy
- Hey Arnold!
- Invader Zim
- Jackie Chan Adventures
- Johnny Bravo
- Kim Possible
- Looney Tunes (Merry Melody classic cartoons)
- Recess
- Rocket Power
- Rocko's Modern Life
- Teen Titans
- The Angry Beavers
- The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
- The Powerpuff Girls
- The Ren & Stimpy Show (The original, not the weird Spike TV one)

If anime counts, I also liked Cardcaptors, Case Closed, Cowboy Bebop, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Hamtaro, Inuyasha, Lupin the III, Paranoia Agent, Pokémon, Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu Yu Hakusho. They were all on either Toonami or [adult swim] at various times in my childhood/tweenish years.

The 90s and early 2000s were a fantastic time to grow up when it comes to the animated shows airing on television.

If I had to pick absolute favorites from the American cartoons list, probably Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Rocko's Modern Life, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy and The Ren & Stimpy Show.

Back