• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are some obscure shows/movies/ect that you love? (Rant about them)

Last Man On Earth.

I'm on episode 3 and so far this is hilarious.
This show is a romantic/comedy.
Basically the last one earth is from Arizona and he meets the last woman on earth, but they have nothing in common and just don't get along at all.
It's cute. So far.

There was this anime I was obsessed with when I was young: Lovely Complex. In the scene of cheesy romcom animes, I rarely see it being mentioned, so I'm always ecstatic to find someone who mentions it in some way.

artworks-000198372156-t4tbqn-t500x500.jpg

I forgot the specifics of the story, but it's basically a romcom between a guy and a girl with a big height difference. What's unique about this is that the girl's much taller and the guy's much shorter. I guess it's an ancestor of Tall Girl, but at least LoveCom is funnier and more entertaining.

There's obviously a lot of high school drama (which I love, lol), and lots of funny moments, break-ups, and in-betweens. In hindsight it felt like a mess, but it's a pretty old anime so that mess is part of the charm. As a teen I found it really cute and entertaining to watch, and I've been itching to rewatch it this break.

There was this anime I was obsessed with when I was young: Lovely Complex. In the scene of cheesy romcom animes, I rarely see it being mentioned, so I'm always ecstatic to find someone who mentions it in some way.

artworks-000198372156-t4tbqn-t500x500.jpg

I forgot the specifics of the story, but it's basically a romcom between a guy and a girl with a big height difference. What's unique about this is that the girl's much taller and the guy's much shorter. I guess it's an ancestor of Tall Girl, but at least LoveCom is funnier and more entertaining.

There's obviously a lot of high school drama (which I love, lol), and lots of funny moments, break-ups, and in-betweens. In hindsight it felt like a mess, but it's a pretty old anime so that mess is part of the charm. As a teen I found it really cute and entertaining to watch, and I've been itching to rewatch it this break.
Omg that was the first manga I ever read! That and Inubaka! (About a girl who works at a pet store)

I was really young so I don't remember much besides thinking it was a fun show, but I remember watching something called "Katie and Orbie" in the mornings. I don't recall anything about the story, but the intro theme was pretty catchy and I hummed it quite often.

Another kinda obscure (at least in the U.S.) show that I liked was the original "Muzzy in Gondoland" animation. I especially liked the Norman segments since they had a fun jingle!

Alice in Borderland (Netflix) was very entertaining, can't wait for season 2 in December.

As a kid, one of the first anime's I really got into was Saber Marionette J. Harem/romance comedy from the 90s I absolutely loved. Takes place in the future in a world with no women just men (you find out later why this happens). Years later, they create female robots (marionettes) to essentially fill the void but some are found to be special who are able to show emotions like real humans.

I also really loved Freakazoid! on Kids WB back in the day. Cartoon about a superhero created by the internet...essentially a meme superhero and the show is completely random with no plot lol.

The Critic and Duckman were also good. Don't really hear anyone ever mention these shows.

Back