• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What was the first video game you played?

The first game I remember playing was Pokemon Blue version. I believe I was 5 and my brother gave me blue version to play after he got Pokemon Yellow version.

I want to say Super Mario World for the SNES (obviously)
I don't have too many memories playing it, but according to my parents I was very young when I started playing and they started teaching me the game. Have a lot of great memories with it, now I constantly go back to it and speed run through it since I know every secret and fast way to get to Star Road/ Bowser quick enough

But the first game I really remember playing was Putt Putt Enters the Race xD I was a bit young yeah.
Humongous Entertainment was a huge part growing up in the early 2000s' so we had very few games, including Freddi Fish 2, Spy Fox and I think a few Pajama Sam's but sadly we don't have any anymore. :(

I don't know if this has been a thread before, but what was your very first video game that you played? I believe mine was Frogger for the PS1, and man that game gives me some nostalgia now

My first game was on a big ol colourful mac (blue) in school and we would all huddle around anytime somebody played, it was called Bugdom. You played as a little bug amongst the grass and you had to free the ladybugs, and there was dinosuars.

The very first video game *I remember* playing is Pandemonium on Sega Saturn. I loved that game so much! Would've been late 90's.

the build-a-bear game for ds
it was my favourite game as a child and i refused to play anything else until i discovered sonice rush lol

Either Minecraft, or Snood. I got my first electronic when I was 6, my ipad mini. First game I downloaded/bought was minecraft. Before I got the ipad though, I played Snood on my mothers computer. I wouldn't really know if I'd classify Snood as a video game, but yeah. Snood/Minecraft.

I'm not really sure what the first game I played was but most of my earliest memories are of playing games on the N64 so it was probably one of those, most likely Mario Party, Pokemon Stadium or Super Smash Bros as I'm sure they're the ones I played the most. If it's not one of those then it's Rugrats Time Travellers on the Gameboy which I seemed to spend a lot of time playing when very young.

I remember playing funny little computer games when I was super little like reader rabbit and stuff but I'm not sure the learning/school type of games count. My first real console type games were SO different, but I got them both for Christmas when my parents bought me a PS2. The first was a Mary Kate and Ashley game and the second was the LOTR Fellowship of the Ring game I wanted so badly. I remember playing them both all the time as a kid in the early 2000s! I'm not sure when I got my game boy advance (I assume after this) but I may have played that before. It was so long ago I don't remember, haha!

I usually say Pokemon Emerald on the GBA, but my Dad did have a PS1 he let me play growing up that he has since given to me so it was probably something on that.

I can't really say what game specifically though. I do vividly remember playing Barbie Explorer via demo disc if that counts (we didn't have many games). I love how it's notorious for being a horrible game. I didn't know any different back then haha.

Reactions: Neb
I was born in 1988, and I'm pretty sure the first game I played was Altered Beast, or Ghouls N Ghosts. Which is kind of hilarious, considering that A) Both of those are very hard games. and B) Neither are intended for children. I probably didn't "play" them in the traditional sense (as I would have been a literal baby)...but, my brother and my dad were definitely playing those in 1989, 1990, etc. The original Sonic the Hedgehog released in 1991, so...maybe that was the first game that I "played" when I was around 3 years old. Either way, it would have been something in those early years of Sega Genesis.

Comet Busters! You could have up to four players and shoot lasers at your friends from your awesome spaceship. I used to play it with my siblings and obliterate them.

The one I remember the proper name of is Chip's Challenge. It was on Windows 95. I could play maybe 8 levels and then got stuck lol. I was pretty little. I think another one was called Sachiko? I can't find it though so I may be mistaken.

I played a lot of computer games when I was really little and I don't remember which was the first, but my first console game was Drawn to Life on the DS! I finished it, but I remember I was having a hard time with the last stage and I wound up using the infinite lives cheat code to beat it.

Reactions: Neb
Oh wow. I have no clue, honestly.
I have played my nintendo 3ds and wii for as long as I can remember, but I remember playing a lot of Just Dance (the original, specifically the song hot and cold), Mario Party 8, and Mario Kart 7.

Back