• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What was the first video game you played?

Liability

Elusive Shy Kid
Bells
Switch
8226-7429-0212
Jingle Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Timmy Christmas Doll
I don't know if this has been a thread before, but what was your very first video game that you played? I believe mine was Frogger for the PS1, and man that game gives me some nostalgia now

Yoshi’s Story when I was 4-5. I became so obsessed with Yoshi I remember having all these Yoshi drawings and a Yoshi plush.

I believe it was Mario Kart on N64. I mean, I'm sure I played a few educational kids games on the computer before that but I don't really count those?

The first game that I remember playing is Strawberry Shortcake: Musical Match-ups for the Atari. I was about 3-4 years old at the time. I know we had other games for the Atari as well, like Pac-Man, Kaboom!, and River Raid, but I remember playing those more when I was a bit older. I think Strawberry Shortcake was my introduction to video games as a child.

That is a tough one for sure... My mind goes to Donkey Kong 64, but it was likely something before that. It is hard to remember.

The earliest I can remember is Super Mario Bros. for the Super Nintendo, but I don't think that was my very first game. It might've been something on the Super Nintendo though, but I'm not entirely sure.

Mine was Kirby's Dream Land, on the very big grey Game Boy, back in the mid-late-90s. Seems like another lifetime ago now, both regarding my age (OK I am not that old but still, much older than then!) and regarding the aspect of the video games themselves! You could not even save your progress in that game ^^'

Spyro the dragon for PS1, we didn't really get gaming consoles before the ps1 came out, then we got it as a joint christmas present lol
after then I got a bunch of older games and stuff, but that was my first

It was either Donkey Kong Country or Mickey Mouse: Magic Wands! Both were on the SNES, but I had to use a backward-compatibility cartridge for Mickey Mouse since that game was built for Gameboy. Fun times, fun times.

Spyro the dragon on the PS. I was still super new to world of video games and my friend's sister and brother thought this game would be a good start for me and it truly was!

I played super Mario on the Super Nintendo. My mom told me I was playing it when I was only 6 months old :) just pressing the keys of course, but she told me since then she knew I?d always be a gamer! And here I am now obsessively playing animal crossing haha

uhmmm tbh it was probably either mario or crash ??? i was that kid my older cousin would give remotes/fake controllers to though :(

I believe it was the first Spyro game. Man that series is FIRE! (I mean it, because Spyro is most associated with fire)

Dora the Explorer game on the Gameboy Advance Color, as a gift from my 5th Christmas.

The very first video game I played was Pong from Atari. Yes - I am old.

Back