Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
White Violet
Spring Sakura
Shooting Star Plush
Space Whale Plush
Fancy Kitty Plush
Vesta
I’ve been thinking sometimes about Persona 5 just rotting away on my Steam shelf and I know that’s a very popular game, but I only bought it at the price point I did since I was expecting to play it alongside someone who I’ve since cut out of my life. I’ve watched more to prod myself along and don’t feel encouraged to continue, I just don’t care about any of the characters other than Ryuji.

Xenoblade 2 is kind of another one but I could resell it for some nice cash I guess? One of those typical cases where I was just happy they announced a sequel to the first game and when we actually saw more I hated it. Haha.

The Disney Infinity games in general. That part of my life was not worth it.

Anything I bought for people that they still haven’t played once. If that cost more than $10. Then I’m actually upset. I bought someone my favorite game ever and they never had a single match with me, feels insulting lol.

Buying like 4 versions of Shovel Knight. It’s a great game but I don’t even like it that much anymore. I don’t like how I fell for buying N. Sane Trilogy and Reignited twice over as well but I understand my younger self. Crash 4 I’m glad I didn’t just wait so no regret there lol.

I’m sure I could think of more later but, how about you?

Last edited:
Three words: Nintendo Switch Sports. I only got the game because I watched a YouTuber play it and I was like, "oh a Wii Sports game for the Switch!", plus I had an eShop card lying around that I wasn't using yet. Turns out the game sucks without NSO and I dropped it after a week. :/ (I've already complained enough about the game on other threads, so I won't go on.)

Civilization vi: it doesn’t even really run. it crashes even on the tiniest map and no walkaround.

Persona 5 Tactica: I love the voice actors and the story had a lot of potential since I like the theme but it just didn’t cut it for me even though gameplay was fun at first. Got repetitive really quick.

Mario Party Superstars: did not feel like the old mario party (1-4) and the mini games were too hard with a switch lite (wouldn’t have liked it even with a regular switch though tbh).

There might be a few others for the Switch but I’m willing to wait until I get around to trying it more.

Last edited:
I bought some Castlevania collection on Switch cuz it was on sale and I had been curious about the Castlevania games for awhile and they’re just. Not for me. Lol. Not even a little bit.

I should've known better than to buy a game based on a movie, but when I finally saw Wreck It Ralph I loved it so much that I went right out to buy the game...and it was terrible. I flipped it immediately, but then felt guilt for the person who bought it from me.

I should've known better than to buy a game based on a movie, but when I finally saw Wreck It Ralph I loved it so much that I went right out to buy the game...and it was terrible. I flipped it immediately, but then felt guilt for the person who bought it from me.
as a fellow lover of wreck-it ralph, completely understand the perspective. for whatever reason the quality of movie-to-game translation really started to decline in the '10s. the frozen game for the DS was even worse than wreck-it ralph's game. in comparison with other games like ... dare i say over the hedge for the gamecube ... the quality was much higher.

in general on a regret purchase, i'd have to say don't starve. it's just rotting away in my library. 🤷‍♀️

Only 2 games I regret buying for Switch.

Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania, was super excited for this one, since I loved SMB on Gamecube, but never owned it, only played at a friend's house. Started out alright, but they totally messed up the physics and controls for the Switch remake... which for a SMB game, totally ruins it sadly.

Overcooked, saw it had great reviews as a casual local multiplayer game, bought it... and it was flat out 100% not fun. Felt like work, and not the fun kind of work. Played it once or twice and then deleted it.

The entire Switch! 😥
Aw why? There are a lot of good games. I love mine
Post automatically merged:

Pokemon Dash and one of the Mystery Dungeon games. Couldn't get into PMD and Dash sucked. Other than that I have few regrets

Pokemon Dash and one of the Mystery Dungeon games. Couldn't get into PMD and Dash sucked. Other than that I have few regrets
I mainly bought it for ACNH which I ended up not liking. It's not that I hate it, I do play it from time to time but I would've been fine with just a 3ds so it's more of a completely unnecessary purchase.

South Park Stick of Truth and Fractured But Whole. Bought them when they were extremely cheap from the eShop and hated both games after ten minutes of play each. I was expecting a bit more freedom to explore and Fractured But Whole I was expecting to be more like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta where there are some RPG elements to the game but you have the ability to fight by pressing buttons to form combos and create chains for more points.

God I wanted to enjoy the PMD series but the characters would not shut up and the text speed was way too slow.

I regret buying Moonlighter. The controls on PC were god-awful.

No Longer Home's story sucked.

Off the top of my head there are three games that I regret purchasing.

1. Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) - I didn’t like the touch screen controls and couldn’t even make it past the tutorial.

2. Story of Seasons (3DS) - I didn’t like the mechanism of competing for land. I tried to grow as much as I could on my character’s farm, but it wasn’t fun.

3. Story of Seasons: Another Wonderful Life (Switch): This purchase upsets me the most because I really wanted to like it. Especially given the great reviews.

A season being only 10 days felt too fast and made me stress out a bit planning out the days. Earning money felt tedious, which also made me stress out because I wanted to earn a good amount before year 2 started. I also didn’t like the limited selection of marriage candidates.

Perhaps I will go back to this game someday, but for now I’m playing SOS: Friends of Mineral Town.

Pokemon Brillaint Diamond. Complete waste a time and insulting as a sinnoh fan. Especially when previous remakes got so much effort

same for me 😭 it feels like a slap in the face and I can’t bring myself to finish the game..

recent regret is ffxvi 😔 it was such a slog to get through and took forever to “get good” and I didn’t enjoy it as much as the other ff games

Hyrule Warriors Legends on 3DS. Loved the game on Wii U but held off on buying this one since I felt like there was no way a game like this would feel good to play on a 3DS, but enough friends hyped it up for me saying I'd enjoy it. Nope, it feels like a nightmare to play D:

And then a few years later they ported it to the Switch with all of the content from the 3DS and Wii U versions on a console that can run it properly so now the 3DS version is entirely obsolete anyways. :lemon: (And like a clown I bought all 3 versions. At least I got the Switch one used and saved a few dollars there.)

Back