• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What to do with a basement....

I have a small arcade in my main basement. Just a little place to play some games and relax! I'm going to make the layout prettier some day, but I'm generally really happy with it because it's complete with its own terrible name & theme combo.

u1JCwDJ.png

I think I'm going to do a pottery studio, hot yoga studio/sauna/steam room, or a karaoke room 😄

I made my basement my photo room for all the photos my villagers give me...thinking about it that sounds weird 😅😂

I had a turnip farm near my house then decided I wanted to actually use the land so I turned my basement into a farm! I can't remember which ones exactly, but I used a garden-ish flooring and a wallpaper with trees, and added a shovel and other things to the room t make it look more natural. I wasn't using the basement anyway, and this way my island rating doesn't drop every time I buy turnips haha.

The decision has been made! As has the room itself! It's partly an art studio, with a little corner for storing Turnips (disguised as a kitchenette & bar) but the main purpose of this room will be to store DIYs and look pretty. The awesome Pirate Map Rug is where I'll put the DIYs (yo-ho he be me booty yarr etc etc) 🏴‍☠️
I'll post a picture tomorrow, when I've swapped the white freezer with the black one. :)

The decision has been made! As has the room itself! It's partly an art studio, with a little corner for storing Turnips (disguised as a kitchenette & bar) but the main purpose of this room will be to store DIYs and look pretty. The awesome Pirate Map Rug is where I'll put the DIYs (yo-ho he be me booty yarr etc etc) 🏴‍☠️
I'll post a picture tomorrow, when I've swapped the white freezer with the black one. :)

That sounds interesting :). Good luck with your room and have fun ^.^.

I made my basement my photo room for all the photos my villagers give me...thinking about it that sounds weird 😅😂

Nope. Doesn’t sound weird at all. I like that idea actually :). The pictures make lovely decoration and with the quotes, you can make use of them in quite a few ways.

my house is a bit all-over-the-place in terms of ideas but i’ve tried to stick to a sort of pastel theme? that being said, my basement is still a WIP but the goal is for it to be a sort of mystical ritual room of sorts.

that doesn’t sound pastel LMAO but i’m really fascinated by those creepypasta rituals/games such as “the midnight man”, “one-man-hide-and-seek”, etc - i’m a Coward and have never been in a situation where i could properly and safely attempt to play them myself but i still love to read about them and the rules + lore behind it. so i managed to find a “creepypasta” design for the laptop, an Ouija board and some other lil knickknacks that i thought would fit. but to try and fit the overall ‘theme’ of my house, i tried to make it non-scary but instead,, sort of pretty?? with some mushroom lamps, butterfly models, etc ;v;

the idea is a little messy but at least this way, i won’t be summoning any demons💀

Personally, I like when basements feel other-worldly. Basement is the only room that has a little bit of anticipation when ur entering, so its better to be crazy down there than not, imo. My basement right now is a 4-moon outer-space observatory of sorts. Luna's bed is also down there so its perfect for Astral projecting.

I also have a vending machine so visitors won't go hungry

for a while, mine was like an arcade/game room, however the arcade machines can't be muted so all the sounds and colors were annoying. Now it's an underwater/mermaid room, and I'm loving having that instead. The arcade/game room design was a thing I did in New Leaf for the basement, as in that game the basement wasn't judged by the HHA. Basements are judged suddenly in NH- I have a cancer table that's in good Fung Shui placement in my basement, and got a comment on that by the HHA last week.

EDIT: here are some pictures of my basement:
1599980742561.png

1599980762793.png

Last edited:
EhyJsMwVkAApQKw.jpg

TA-DA!!! 🥳
It's lacking only one thing, the Modelling Clay which will go on the table. But it's got a Painting area with a stool for the subject, paintings both my own and fake official paintings and statues, and an area for moulding clay figures and pots. I already got some DIYs and Turnips, and you can see where they'll be put.
Not bad for a single days work I reckon. 😎

I made mine into a sort of 'hang out' area/band practice area (drum kit, guitar etc) but I'm slightly tempted to make a 'shrine' of sorts to old villagers with their photos! still undecided

My basement is an underwater area with mermaid, shell and some pirate items, while my upstairs is going to be more of a cloud/sky/heaven with a lot of Celeste things as I gather them :)

View attachment 318532
TA-DA!!! 🥳
It's lacking only one thing, the Modelling Clay which will go on the table. But it's got a Painting area with a stool for the subject, paintings both my own and fake official paintings and statues, and an area for moulding clay figures and pots. I already got some DIYs and Turnips, and you can see where they'll be put.
Not bad for a single days work I reckon. 😎

WOW that's amazing! Your basement turned out really great! Is that treasure map a rug?

I personally struggle with the basement but I refuse to leave it as a storage room for DIYs or turnips lol. I think my biggest issue is with the size. I'm just not great with coming up with nice layouts for this long space. Currently this is what I have:

EemCnz1U8AEkugi.jpeg

EemCnz2U8AAzktG.jpeg

It's my "dream room" and my picture room. I wanted to use a moving Saharah wallpaper but it didn't fit in any of my other rooms so I just made something silly in my basement. Once I have enough cardboard boxes for my DIYs I will probably turn it into an actual cellar/storage room.

I made mine into a sort of 'hang out' area/band practice area (drum kit, guitar etc) but I'm slightly tempted to make a 'shrine' of sorts to old villagers with their photos! still undecided
Yeah, I mainly use my Living room for the villager photos. It doubles as a Trophy Room. (I'll probably post my whole house up at some point).
WOW that's amazing! Your basement turned out really great! Is that treasure map a rug?

I personally struggle with the basement but I refuse to leave it as a storage room for DIYs or turnips lol. I think my biggest issue is with the size. I'm just not great with coming up with nice layouts for this long space. Currently this is what I have:

View attachment 318543
View attachment 318544

It's my "dream room" and my picture room. I wanted to use a moving Saharah wallpaper but it didn't fit in any of my other rooms so I just made something silly in my basement. Once I have enough cardboard boxes for my DIYs I will probably turn it into an actual cellar/storage room.
It is a rug! Got it from Gullivarr. With me, it's the rooms utility - how can I make a room that I'll probably only use for Turnip/DIY storage look cool, be a place I'd go just to chill? I think I succeeded. Yeah, I was hoping to make a 'dream' room of sorts, but I couldn't think of anything. If I was gonna make one it'd be a space room/observatory but my OCD self would insist I put that upstairs, meaning I'd have to move my bedroom downstairs, which would be a massive chore. Plus, my bedroom's kinda dreamy anyway, it being an indoor cherry tree forest. Nothing else I could think of would fit my house schema.
BTW, nice Picnic! Only thing I'd add would be the Cherry Blossom Outdoor Picnic set :)

Back