• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What single species island would you have?

1000% I would have a cat island

That's it just cats and I would never let them go haha :p I wish that could happen I never find cats when I go island hopping.
The only cat I have on my island is Kiki which I got from a lovely user here.

My favorite species is anteaters and I’d love to collect them all, but there aren’t a full 10 and I really dislike missing personalities.

My next choices would be either sheep or dogs. I did consider making a sheep/dog/anteater island with 3/3/4 of those species types, but I just love variety too much! If I ever went through with it I’d have Antonio, Anabelle, Cyrano, Snooty, Curlos, Wendy, Vesta, Cherry, Bones, and Benjamin.

Well, my first thought would be "cat", because they're my favorite animal in-game and IRL. But I also see SO MANY cat only islands. The more I think about, the more I think an aviary themed island would be fun. But I'd also want to mix the bird species a bit. Like, mostly typical birds, but also an ostrich or two. I don't think I'd do chickens or penguins, since they wouldn't really be common in an aviary.

I think variety is the spice of life, so I would probably never go the single species route. That said, I have never had a dog villager, yet I like so many of them, so that would be an interesting one.

Squirrels.

Caroline, Blaire, Hazel and Poppy are so cute. I don't plan on replacing any villagers or restarting, but if I did, I would have all squirrels.

Also, if anyone has Nibbles in their town, I would love to dream visit so I can meet her in person.

Last edited:
This is an excellent discussion! I had to double check how many species there were and on villagerdb.com the filter shows a whopping 35 Types!

My favorite aesthetic is zen/ Imperial/ bamboo, and I would love to build a ninja village of frogs.

But considering how the species would twist your town theme, I think a village of elephants would be hilarious! 😆 Having them blast my Peppa Pig theme on giant Timpani drums with each conversation just tickles me.

I am currently at 0% for both of these goals, but I am 3 villagers away from completing my foodie crew, so maybe Tia can be my next target...

This is an excellent discussion! I had to double check how many species there were and on villagerdb.com the filter shows a whopping 35 Types!

My favorite aesthetic is zen/ Imperial/ bamboo, and I would love to build a ninja village of frogs.

But considering how the species would twist your town theme, I think a village of elephants would be hilarious! 😆 Having them blast my Peppa Pig theme on giant Timpani drums with each conversation just tickles me.

I am currently at 0% for both of these goals, but I am 3 villagers away from completing my foodie crew, so maybe Tia can be my next target...
Ohh, who are the last three?

Squirrels!

Squirrels have the most villagers that I like in a single species.

Honestly, it's really hard to pick but I think if I could only pick one species I would pick pigs 🐷: Chops - distinguished gentleman, Agnes - love her simple yet very elegant design, Boris - cute fangs, Hugh - always rocking his heterochromia, Rasher - looks like a meanie, but is actually very caring , Peggy - epitome of cute, Gala - big eye queen (they remind me of the eyes from the characters in Cuphead and I'm here for it), Cobb - Zombie? Frankenstein? It's a mystery and the world may never know the truth, Pancetti - Obligatory snooty (tbh, I'd prefer Sue E as the snooty, but she isn't in the game 😭 ).

Other good options for me are Hamsters, Elephants, Penguins, and Ducks.

I think squirrels, ducks, or bear cubs would be fun. I've also thought of doing a squirrels + ducks combo island with 5 of each.

QLbxJ5Z.jpg
4BylEEo.jpg

D8t1qlkVUAIqon8 (1).jpg
CNnewfsUwAACqHo.jpg

This thread has brought back memories of when I was putting my New Leaf single species towns together.It took a lot longer to gather up the villagers back in the pre-Amiibo card days but fortunately there was always a lot of generous people here on TBT who were willing to give me villagers for free.I chose to do a duck island for New Horizons because it was the first single species town I did and it had the most mistakes...heh.

Quackle- ducks
Bam!- pigs
Newt- frogs

I honestly don't think I could do it. There is no species that I just like a whole lot. If I had to, I would probably go with cat, just because I think there are enough pretty solid choices there. But, again...it's not really something I would ever do.

Cat for sure! They're the one species I like nearly every villager of. My lineup would be Bob, Kabuki, Lolly, Kiki, Mitzi, Raymond, Punchy, Tangy, Purrl, and Katt!

Back