• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

What single species island would you have?

Anteaters. They're just so underrated. Anabelle and Cyrano are two of my favorite villagers, and I like all the others. I'd also love koalas (my favorite villager is Melba), cats (my favorite animal), or penguins (my second-favorite animal).

I think the cats. They have some of the best designs and there's a cat for every personality.

If not that, then the squirrels.

Penguin island. I have always wanted an all penguin island. I almost have one on my main island. I changed my mind for the moment since I don’t want to let go of Dobie and Fang. So it’s a penguin/ wolf island. Right now it’s 6 penguins and 4 wolves . I have considered an all duck island for my second island but then I would have to let Cleo and Dizzy leave.
Agree! Hopper is my grail penguin.

Sheep sheep sheep sheep I love the sheep villagers so much lol

It crossed my mind a few times to make a single species island. At first I thought of all cats, because I really like a lot of their designs. As of late, I also really adore the ducks and could see myself with all ducks! I also think the squirrels are so adorable and would consider getting all squirrels. That being said, as long as there is only 1 island per switch I would probably not opt for an all species island because I would miss the diversity. If I ever have the chance to make a side island, I'd consider it :)

I've never done a single species town, but if I had to choose it would be cats. There are a lot to choose from and their designs are quite varied. Plus I love cats...

Sheep. I actually once had the idea of making a whole island with sheep only, but ended up going against the idea, since after all I do prefer more to have villagers of different species.

Deer or wolves! Theyre mostly my favourite animals anyway, so I'd only neec a couple non-dreamies to complete the set lol

My island is named Bunlandia, and I love rabbits so it would probably be an all rabbit one. I have quite a few now and I swap them in and out but not a full 10 atm! I also thought I'd love to do an all bird one. Ostriches eagles birds ducks etc :)

All rabbits

or

all ducks

I like enough of them to make it to 8 individuals of a single specie

I don't know that I would do a single species island. I did get sort of close to the concept in New Leaf, as one of my towns strictly has residents from all of the various bird species available (Bird, Chicken, Duck, Eagle, Ostrich, and Penguin), but that still isn't technically what we're talking about here. Maybe Penguins since they're my favorite animal and they feature every single personality, but yeah, it would feel a bit redundant.

I had an all-deer town in NL as they're my favorite animals ^^ It was fun for a while, and 10 deer released at the start of NL so I didn't have to decide which ones to pick. It did get kinda dull after a while, though, and there wasn't and still isn't a peppy deer.

Back