• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you considered a ridiculous amount of the same item all over on your island?

Bubble machines would be awesome! I'd probably hide them behind things, but that's a great idea actually.

The only time I smothered my island was when i was attempting to make a rock garden. I put the mannequin thingies out everywhere except where I wanted the rocks to spawn. Then I broke rocks and went to bed happy, because of course the rock was going to appear in the garden, right?

Nope. Ran everywhere, found the rock, broke it, added another mannequin.....repeat. Many times. I finally gave up on getting the rocks all in one area and cleaned up all the mannequins. Was a little weird having all those things everwhere...

I read somewhere that if you have more than 6 of the same item, it starts detracting from your island rating. It doesn't matter so much for me because I've gotten the DIY and some Lilies of the Valley, but I just wanted to point it out for anyone still trying to get a 5 star rating.

I think the only thing that I've wanted to put all over my island was wooden storage sheds. If the Mario pipes let you control where you ended up, I'd probably put a ton on my island as well.

Not really purely for the fact I like my island to look like different areas rather than one island, more like little villages 😂

Bubble machines sound like a really fun idea. If I had enough I would put festivale lamps all over my island. I love how many colors you can make them and one of my favorite items.

I wanted to (and still am thinking about it!) put gyroids all over my island so it's a singing symphony lol

I did this as a temporary thing with the mannequins to force my rocks into one place.
How does this work? I imagine you take up all space and break a rock so it forms in an empty space where you want it to go? If so, how many mannequins did it take, and why mannequins?

Streetlamps. They're essential for citycore themes.

As my island has more of a city-to-country theme, they're not littered everywhere on my island, though they're abundant on the lower half near Resident Services. As a result, the constant dialogue I get from villagers who notice and talk about the streetlamps around us is enough to drive me up a wall...

Cherry, I don't get how you keep "accidentally" eating moths.

Mallary, stop tripping over rocks for crying out loud.

Poncho, there's other ways to check your muscles at night, trust me.

Patty and Dotty, just use the flash on your NookPhones and you'll achieve similar "fab" results.

Tom, it's hard to feel bad about your terrible luck when you seem to constantly step on weird things in the dark. Don't get mad at me about it.

Kyle and Lopez, you're welcome.

431799045_766166648811019_8327320169115071692_n.jpg

I got a bit carried away with the garden gnomes.I was going for an epic Lord Of The Rings sort of vibe but the gnomes are a tad too cute too pass for a legion of Uruk-hai warriors.

You can never have enough wheat fields (until you do and your game becomes literally unplayable).

1710987360251.png
im gonna end up putting a lot of blossom lanterns on my island because i think they look really pretty

How does this work? I imagine you take up all space and break a rock so it forms in an empty space where you want it to go? If so, how many mannequins did it take, and why mannequins?
I think you have to put the mannequins in every other tile or something, maybe every two tiles? Mannequins are used because they can be removed all in one go when you’re done. If you look up YouTube tutorials for making a rock garden you can find out how it’s done, it’s been ages since I did it so I can’t remember exactly

My first thought is the game lagging because you've filled the entire island. My second thought is how long it would take to put them everywhere. I can't really imagine trying to do this myself.

I read somewhere that if you have more than 6 of the same item, it starts detracting from your island rating. It doesn't matter so much for me because I've gotten the DIY and some Lilies of the Valley, but I just wanted to point it out for anyone still trying to get a 5 star rating.

I think the only thing that I've wanted to put all over my island was wooden storage sheds. If the Mario pipes let you control where you ended up, I'd probably put a ton on my island as well.
Can someone please confirm this?

Yeah i have a bunch of plants all over my island to make it look more lush like monstera plants and cypress plants :)

Back