What single species island would you have?

I have been thinking recently, do I spend my time restarting my current island (non-bears), or do I make a second island of bears only?

I've been thinking about making a woodland/forest themed bear island. I haven't thought about which bears yet (no cubs, but maybe), but off the top of my head I'm thinking: Ursala, Tutu, Teddy, Megan, Ike, Grizzly, Curt, Charlise, Pinky (or Paula maybe) and Groucho. I have some name ideas, but I haven't given the specific bears too much thought (definitely Megan, Curt and Grizzly I think). 😊💜💜

You could have the majority be goats, and have one peppy who fits in :)
I've looked through the list of peppy villagers and they isn't any that i think would fit in. But it's okay as I'm fond of tybalt and Megan so would be sad to lose them for goat island haha

I may enjoy playing in the winter months more if I had an entire town of penguins. With patterns, snow/ice-themed items, and star fragments I think it’s make for a cool icy town (a makeshift of Shiver City, one of my favorite spots in the Paper Mario series). 🥰

If not that then probably wolves. They’re my favorite species as I like the majority of their designs, and there’s a good mix of different personalities.

View attachment 384353
In New Leaf I had a town that was populated mostly by koalas and if Nintendo had brought back Huggy(the only peppy koala in any A.C. game)I probably would have made a koala island rather than a duck island.Australia is an island continent so a koala island would have kind of a built-in theme.I'd go for squirrels and big bears too.
HUGGY!! my first villager i remember really bonding with. I loved Huggy! I love the idea of a koala island as well.

I think my first choice would be cats. They have all the personality types in one species and I just love cats.

My other two choices would be a a bear island, but to get all personality types it would have to have technically two species, the regular bears and cubs. I really like a lot of the bears/cubs and I plan on having two on my island permanently anyways. A cute woodland themed town would be so fun with all bears.

Another island I think I'd like is a duck island. I know someone on here (can't remember who) has one and I really liked the idea. I also like a lot of the ducks. I think for an all duck island I'd do a cottagecore island.

After seeing an amazing all penguin island in a dream town in NL, I was inspired to make my town (Lambton) as all sheep but ended up with only half since I couldn't get rid of my original group of villagers, I've gotten too attached to most of them lol.

Same with NH, I want to make an all pigs island but I love all my villagers atm so that's a no-go. I wish Nintendo isn't so greedy that having a second island would be more affordable as in the past and there's no need to get another console just for that purpose.

If I didn't love Apollo so much, I could totally have an island full of big bears. Even though a lot of the bear villagers are kinda funny looking, I find most of them to just be so loveable. <3

All of the wolves are super pretty I really like almost all of them lmao. I'd prob have: Whitney, Skye, Fang, Chief, Kyle, Freya, Vivian, Wolfgang, Audie, & Dobie

sorry lobo freaks me out for some reason idk

I would love an island full of cats, squirrels or ducks!

Choosing the cats would be such a struggle because I love all of them. Kiki, Bob and Punchy are set in stone.

For squirrels I think I would choose Static, Tasha, Marshal, Peanut, Filbert (in my mind these two are siblings like Chrissy and Francine), Poppy, Sheldon, Mint, Hazel and Sally

Mallary, Joey, Bill, Molly, Scoot, Derwin, Ketchup,Gloria, Quillson and Deena… we need cranky and sistery ducks!

Ahh this is hard; there's a lot of species I really like but that don't cover all the personality types, and that'd be a must-have for me. ;u; After some thinking, I'd probably go with squirrels and a woodland or forest theme—for them, I'd choose Filbert, Hazel, Marshal, Agent S, Tasha, Cally, Sally, Sheldon, Ricky, and Pecan. I think squirrels are really cute, and there's enough of them that I could cover all the personality types without having to double up on any of my New Leaf/New Horizons dreamies. Dogs are another good option for the same reasons, though, in which case I'd go with Portia, Cherry, Maddie, Goldie, Bones, Mac, Butch, Shep, Daisy, and Lucky.

I also really liked the idea of an all-frog island, where I think some kind of swamp theme would be really adorable. I'd have to double up on Lily though, who I already want on my New Horizons island, because I really wouldn't want Jambette, ahaha. If I went for frogs, my picks would be Diva, Gigi, Puddles, Henry, Croque, Raddle, Lily, Tad, Jeremiah, and Ribbot.
I like a lot of horse villagers too, and with those I'd probably go with Reneigh, Roscoe, Savannah, Victoria, Ed, Elmer, Buck, Cleo, Julian, and Winnie, although I already have Roscoe in New Leaf.

And if we can fudge things a little and call bears and cubs "one species", my choices for a bear island would be Beardo, Judy, Olive, Ursala, Murphy, Teddy, Nate, Pinky, June, and Grizzly.

...I'll stop now.

It would be cat or horse for me, because the horses are just cute, but the cats are most varied and I think I would, at least begrudgingly, be able to fill each personality slot once with cats.

Ahh this is hard; there's a lot of species I really like but that don't cover all the personality types, and that'd be a must-have for me. ;u; After some thinking, I'd probably go with squirrels and a woodland or forest theme—for them, I'd choose Filbert, Hazel, Marshal, Agent S, Tasha, Cally, Sally, Sheldon, Ricky, and Pecan. I think squirrels are really cute, and there's enough of them that I could cover all the personality types without having to double up on any of my New Leaf/New Horizons dreamies. Dogs are another good option for the same reasons, though, in which case I'd go with Portia, Cherry, Maddie, Goldie, Bones, Mac, Butch, Shep, Daisy, and Lucky.

I also really liked the idea of an all-frog island, where I think some kind of swamp theme would be really adorable. I'd have to double up on Lily though, who I already want on my New Horizons island, because I really wouldn't want Jambette, ahaha. If I went for frogs, my picks would be Diva, Gigi, Puddles, Henry, Croque, Raddle, Lily, Tad, Jeremiah, and Ribbot.
I like a lot of horse villagers too, and with those I'd probably go with Reneigh, Roscoe, Savannah, Victoria, Ed, Elmer, Buck, Cleo, Julian, and Winnie, although I already have Roscoe in New Leaf.

And if we can fudge things a little and call bears and cubs "one species", my choices for a bear island would be Beardo, Judy, Olive, Ursala, Murphy, Teddy, Nate, Pinky, June, and Grizzly.

...I'll stop now.
Nice ideas, I especially like the idea of a woodland themed squirrel island. That honestly sounds adorable!

I’d pick wolves, they’re my overall favourite species and I love all of them. I have considered a few times changing my island to a wolf island but I can’t let Fauna go which has prevented me from making it, if I ever get a second switch for another island it will definitely be all wolf though.

I love nearly all the other species but would struggle to fill an island with 10 animals from them that I really loved but top contenders would be the deers, squirrels, cats and dogs as they all have a large number of my favourite villagers.

Last edited:
Back