• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What major do you want/have?

Sarcastic Soul

Lipstick Stains
Bells
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
White Violet
White Violet
I, personally, am very interested in sociology. The only issue is, I'm not sure if there are many career opportunities...

I studied filmmaking and screenwriting during my first degree. By the time I graduated I realised I really disliked the industry and couldn't see myself working in it. I spend much of my free time now trying to incorporate those skills into side-projects that I'm hoping will someday provide a nice side income.

I'm currently back in uni doing a second degree in biomedical science and I'm three semesters from graduating.

I studied advertising when I was in school -- not that I am really doing anything with my degree, but I at least finished.

If I went back into school, I think I would do marketing or just straight up business instead.

I studied Journalism for a while but decided to drop out of my course due to both health issues and because I wasn’t enjoying the course as much as I had hoped I would. Since then I’ve started studying fashion which is something I hope to pick up again when I’m fully recovered!

My major when I was studying at university was communication (with a focus in journalism and a minor in writing). I wanted to major in something something STEM but alas, it wasn't for me. The upside of getting my bachelors in communication is that it helped me to break out of my shell more (I'm pretty introverted and deal with GAD). I wouldn't change a thing since for the most part, I enjoyed my time there and made some great memories. Also had some pretty fantastic professors who were mentors to me.

As for career opportunities, there are many people who pursue careers that aren't exactly the "go-to" ones for their major. But it really depends on many factors as well. That's why it's good to explore your options during the first semester or two with the general education requirements. Additionally, the course catalog became my "best friend" when deciding what to major in. Some people also seek guidance from an academic advisor/counselor.

I really wish there were uni's/colleges here that taught practical effects, but alas. I studied theater tech for a year and will be studying Japanese the upcoming year!!

I'm doing a piano performance major in college atm. I was doing an astrophysics major too (and I'm actually technically doing a math minor right now) but it became way too much to handle for me and actually nearly caused me to have mental breakdowns... I'm pretty sure I'm gonna drop my math minor and just focus on music and some other electives.

The reason why I stuck with music and not physics isn't because I couldn't actually do physics; I probably could've done it if it was the only thing I was doing. But I've also been told by many people that I have a lot of potential in piano performance because I have a natural skill for it.

Idk I guess I'll wait and see if this ends up making my college career boring or not cause of the simplicity (my music classes are stupid easy lol they just take up a lot of timeeee)

Originally a nurse major, but very quickly changed to communication design.

It was mostly just entry level classes, nothing too substantial came of it that I could consistently apply in the field. I do have it on paper now that I did it, so that's always good.

I would like to go for something more specific like interior design, but it's a risk with art majors.
I admitted got burned out, so I'm not even sure I could maintain that consistency job-wise.

Last edited:
I am a few semesters away from graduating with a Bachelor of CompSci, and I already have a job lined up for when I graduate. I'm glad I found this degree program because it suits me really well.

My degree of choice is Musicology (music history). I was originally wanting to go into music education, but it wasn't working out for me - I'm not that great at performing. While I was at that college it finally dawned on me that musicology was right for me. Everyone in the music history class I took hated it and talked like it was the worst thing ever whereas I was fascinated every moment and even went to earlier portions of the textbook to read up for my own knowledge (I was in Music History II, and hadn't taken I).

Looking back on it, it's a bit odd that it had never dawned on me before. Way back in high school I was reading up on the history of woodwind instruments just because I wanted to. This should have been more obvious to me... Oh well.

English literature major just 3 semesters from graduation ? fully regret, if I could do it over I would be a mathematics & chemistry double major.

I, personally, am very interested in sociology. The only issue is, I'm not sure if there are many career opportunities...

my degree is in sociology and there aren't, most people either do something not to do with the degree (still a grad job though, i.e teaching, office work) or do further study

Film studies, but I never ended up getting a degree or sorts from it, I just studied it for a while cause fun.

I recently graduated with a Computer Information Systems degree and I am very excited to see what sort of career path I can pursue with it! :D

Doing a degree in business right now and a concentration in journalism. I’m three semesters from graduating. :)

I’m graduating this semester with a degree in biology, with a focus on microbiology! I’m also doing an anthropology minor.

I'm currently one semester from finishing my masters in history. I just need to write my thesis. I'm sure I'll pursue my Ph.D. down the line, but not yet. :p

Back