• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is the best animated film of the decade?

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
With less than 6 months left in this year, the decade is about to wrap up. Of all of the animated movies released in theaters from 2010 to 2019, what would be the best one of them all? You may list many favorites if you like.

In my opinion, it?s a tossup between Frozen and Coco. Despite Frozen being overhyped, Disney did a good job on writing this film. In fact, Disney has improved a lot on their animated features after a decade of lackluster films (2000?s). The stories themselves aren?t just good. They also teach good lessons. Coco, on the other hand, taught us a lot about Day of the Dead while having good writing and good lessons about family. Outside the realm of Disney, The Lego Movie and The Lego Movie: The Second Part would probably win this honor.

I think Into the Spider-Verse. The filmmakers really utilized all the tools at their disposal to tell the story. Most of the movie was in a specific frame rate and animated in such a way that it felt more like a comic book, which makes sense for this particular movie. The frame rate and animation styles were switched up when it made sense to what was going on in the story, and I can appreciate that. I think it really impacts the way in which the audience experiences the story. When animators and filmmakers allow for their filmmaking and animating to help tell the story, that's points in my book.

I also think the movie really broke the mold for the ways in which animation can utilized. I never usually watch superhero movies, but the animation style was so intriguing that I had to check it out. The "camera work" made me want to go back and rewatch scenes over and over again.

Edit:
Some others that I think are also pretty great
Mary and Max
Anommolisa
Isle of Dogs
and Kubo and the Two Strings (Though I don't think the story was amazing, the animation was breath taking)

- - - Post Merge - - -

With less than 6 months left in this year, the decade is about to wrap up. Of all of the animated movies released in theaters from 2010 to 2019, what would be the best one of them all? You may list many favorites if you like.

In my opinion, it’s a tossup between Frozen and Coco. Despite Frozen being overhyped, Disney did a good job on writing this film. In fact, Disney has improved a lot on their animated features after a decade of lackluster films (2000’s). The stories themselves aren’t just good. They also teach good lessons. Coco, on the other hand, taught us a lot about Day of the Dead while having good writing and good lessons about family. Outside the realm of Disney, The Lego Movie and The Lego Movie: The Second Part would probably win this honor.

I've heard many good things about the Lego Movie, but I've never seen it, so I guess I should add that movie to my list.

Last edited:
Into The Spider-Verse, definitely. I also really loved The Lego Movie, Wreck-it Ralph, The Book of Life, Coco, Inside Out, and Zootopia.

I agree about Coco and Frozen, and I would throw Zootopia in there as well. All three of these movies just blew me away when I watched them, and I love watching them over and over again.

into the spider verse it was amazing
also it was by the people who made the emoji movie so i think they learnt some stuff lol

Last edited:
Of the animated movies I've seen within this time frame,I would agree that Coco was the best but not my favorite.I haven't seen Into The Spider Verse yet but from what I've read and heard it probably ranks among the best.Here's a list of some of my favorites from between 2010 and 2019:

-Megamind(2010)
-The Secret World of Arrietty(2010)
-Wreck-It Ralph(2012)
-Zootopia(2016)
-Isle of Dogs(2018)
-The Lego Movie(2014)
-The Secret of the Wings(2012)
-Tangled(2010)
-Despicable Me(2010)

Last edited:
hmm idk. I sort of lost track of animated films this decade. Probably Isle of Dogs or maybe Toy Story 4.

I can’t choose a ultimate favorite, but here are a few:

•Coco. Not only does it show information of D?a de los Muertos, the plot of the movie itself is really great and can tug hard on my heartstrings. Disney also did a lot of research to make sure the movie had all the correct cultural elements before releasing the movie.
•I’m gonna sound basic when I say this, but Spirited Away is honestly such a great film. There is something about it that can give me nostalgia (even tho the movie is actual older than I am lol) I also think the plot line is intriguing, and I couldn’t have guess what would happen next while I was watching the film.
•Speaking of Studio Ghilbli films, I also like Ponyo! Personally I just think the ending is really cute.
•Shrek. All three of them. But especially the 2nd one. Do I really have to explain why? It’s shrek.
•The Bee Movie. Honestly I’m putting this film as a joke. But like, #savethebees

I can’t choose a ultimate favorite, but here are a few:

•Coco. Not only does it show information of D?a de los Muertos, the plot of the movie itself is really great and can tug hard on my heartstrings. Disney also did a lot of research to make sure the movie had all the correct cultural elements before releasing the movie.
•I’m gonna sound basic when I say this, but Spirited Away is honestly such a great film. There is something about it that can give me nostalgia (even tho the movie is actual older than I am lol) I also think the plot line is intriguing, and I couldn’t have guess what would happen next while I was watching the film.
•Speaking of Studio Ghilbli films, I also like Ponyo! Personally I just think the ending is really cute.
•Shrek. All three of them. But especially the 2nd one. Do I really have to explain why? It’s shrek.
•The Bee Movie. Honestly I’m putting this film as a joke. But like, #savethebees

I hate to say, but only one of these movies you listed was part of the 2010’s decade. The others are from the 2000’s decade.

My bad fam. For some reason, I thought it said century :p

You are forgiven. But then again, those 2000’s movies are quite interesting.

Back on topic, I have never seen Into the Spider-Verse. I never even heard of it until I made this thread.

coco (i mean visually to me it was much better than frozen) or isle of dogs (sooo charming), i haven't seen into the spiderverse yet but i keep meaning to

From the top of my head:

Zootopia. It's generally one of my favourite movies anyway, but in terms of animation it's just so well animated and good to look at. I saw it first on bluray and it is the movie that made me think "dayum" and start buying everything on Bluray.

Moana as well. I like the movie in general, but again, it's such a good looking movie.

Wreck it Ralph. I just love it.

Into the Spiderverse. Whilst it's not as good looking as Zootopia or Moana on a technical level, I absolutely adore the aesthetic of this movie. It's just so good looking artistically. Personally I also feel it's by far the best Marvel movie by far, being a self contained story that also manages to introduce a team of superheroes without needing multiple movies of arguable quality beforehand.

Back