• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which of these CGI Disney movies do you like most?

Which of the following movies is the best?

• Total voters
Tangled and its not even close for me, I honestly can't say I personally care about any of the other movies listed. Tangled is one of my favorite movies of all time <3

My unpopular opinion is that Frozen is one of the best animated movies of all time. It gets a lot of hate (I personally think this is just what happens when a property targeted primarily at girls is successful at reaching its target demographic) but I really appreciate its theme of healthy mutuality and reciprocity. That's a pretty mature, specific theme for a kids' movie!

Over and over again, the healthy relationships are shown to be ones that build (relatively) slowly through a back-and-forth of vulnerability, unselfish behavior, boundaries, and generosity mingled together, while unhealthy ones are one-sided in some way, involve power imbalances, create extremes of action, feel rushed, and present stark binary choices as the only possible paths. Also, the soundtrack is excellent. (We don't talk about the trolls but whatever.)

Big Hero 6 is a VERY close second for me. I was a middle schooler who fell in with a group of really kind older teens, and it was so cool to such an unusual dynamic represented onscreen. Also, they stick their landing with the theme over and over again--total consistency in writing and resolution.

Runner-up award goes to Tangled, still one of the only recent animated movies dealing with trauma to require something of the aggressor beyond just saying "sorry, I had a bad childhood." Objectively I think these three movies are equally strong, but this is my subjective order based on how personally they hit home for me.

Really wanted to like Encanto more as I adored the first 70%, but it pulled its punches in weird ways at the very end. Sigh. Don't get me started on Frozen 2

Tangled, Wreck-It-Ralph, Big Hero 6, Zootopia and Moana are tied for me. They're all so different in what they offer that each one is entertaining and good to have a watch. The remainder of the list is subpar at best.

Encanto is ok, but I feel like Turning Red did a better job as they both had a similar message. Ralph Breaks the Internet butchered Ralph's character so he looked needy, whiny, and clingy so it made Vanelope look good for leaving her game. But Turbo does it in the first movie and it's bad? She does it and it's positive?

I haven't seen the last two so I can't judge them. Raya though, was decent until they kept giving the one 'villain' chance after chance. I'm sorry, but you don't just roll over and think she is going to do the right thing. She proved she was unworthy the entire movie.

I think Wreck-It Ralph is one of the best CGI Disney movies of all time in my opinion.

I also enjoyed Big Hero 6, Zootopia, Ralph Breaks the Internet, and Frozens 1 and 2. I don't really have an opinion on any of the others listed in the poll.

I may be a bit nostalgia blind on this one, but Frozen is my favorite. That was the first movie I saw in theaters, and when the broadway musical went on National Tour in 2022, it was the first musical I saw live. Even now that I’m older, I still appreciate how it focused more on sisterly love instead of the typical romantic love, and its portrayal of healthy relationships in general.

Second place has got to go to Tangled. The characters are incredibly well written, and it’s one of those movies that came out when I was little and managed to keep my attention even though I’m much older now.

Runners up are Wreck it Ralph, Big Hero 6, Moana, Encanto, and Zootopia. I will say that Encanto is the only post-revival film that I’ve fully enjoyed, and there’s been a pretty obvious drop in quality after Moana. It’s a shame really, because films like Wish and Raya had interesting concepts that fell flat. I don’t want to get too rant-y though, and that’s a discussion for another thread lol.

i voted big hero 6 because it was one of my favorite movies as a kid. i loved hiro, i loved baymax, i loved all of the cast honestly. i also really loved zootopia. the message was amazing and i really liked judy. i would have voted encanto but the ending made me kinda mad.

i don't know if it counts, but my all-time favorite disney cgi movie series were the tinkerbell series. loved everything about it!

i voted big hero 6 because it was one of my favorite movies as a kid. i loved hiro, i loved baymax, i loved all of the cast honestly. i also really loved zootopia. the message was amazing and i really liked judy. i would have voted encanto but the ending made me kinda mad.

i don't know if it counts, but my all-time favorite disney cgi movie series were the tinkerbell series. loved everything about it!
Big Hero 6 and Zootopia are good movies. I can't remember all of Encanto, but I do remember watching that and Turning Red back to back and I feel TR delivered the same message a lot better.

It's sort of like Raya and the Dragon. I hated how the message they were sending was 'keep giving this abusive person a chance. just because they backstabbed you and killed your whole tribe doesn't mean they'll do it again.' It's like who is sending this message? It feels like lowkey brainwashing.

I'M GONNA WRECK IT!
I was thinking about it for a bit because there are some good movies in that list, but ultimately I had to go with the first Wreck it Ralph. It holds up well and has a good message that doesn't feel forced like some of the newer films.

Back